DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW 12/14/15

steve

I guess a big question is can WWE writers come up with an opening celebration promo for Roman Reigns next week that doesn't make him come off like a fake smug Poochy-Cena before he gets interrupted? 

I mean they can't open the show with him in-progress-pummeling Vince McMahon. 

They have a week to think through this re-introduction.  Let's remember that their first instinct will probably be "Call the Rock and see if he can show up to raise Roman's hand.  That never backfires!"

I guess a big question is can WWE writers come up with an opening celebration promo for Roman Reigns next week that doesn't make him come off like a fake smug Poochy-Cena before he gets interrupted?

I mean they can't open the show with him in-progress-pummeling Vince McMahon.

They have a week to think through this re-introduction. Let's remember that their first instinct will probably be "Call the Rock and see if he can show up to raise Roman's hand. That never backfires!"

Welcome to Monday Night Raw!

My, what a lively bunch we've got here tonight!

Raw is in Minneapolis next week, nice short trip for Brock....

Brock's in the Canadian prairies now. He's ours and I'll head nothing to the contrary.

Brock's going to walk to Raw carrying Paul Heyman on one shoulder and a dead buffalo on the other.

• Like 1

I can think of nothing better and than a series of sketches where HHH sends the New Day into the deep woods to track and bring back Brock.

"Be vewy vewy quiet.  We're hunting neck meat!"

Eventually The New Day get too scared and sub-contract out to the Wyatts who get lost and eventually stuffed by Brock.  Years from now a giant stuffed Luke Harper will still be the most over exhibit at the traveling Hall of Fame.

I'm going to be laughing hysterically seven days from now when Vince strips Reigns of the title for Superman Punching him and either gives the title back to Sheamus or (more likely) puts it up for grabs at the Rumble.

And then I'm going to laugh even harder when Reigns wins the Rumble, but then Triple H's music hits and he declares that this year is a special 31-man Royal Rumble, and he's the 31st entrant, and then chucks the exhausted Reigns out of the ring to claim "World" title number 14

*goes back into lurking*

• Like 2

Good show.

But Hogan or Austin would've never taken a nut shot from Vince.  Just saying.

You sure?

8FiiF5x.gif

I think people forget that Vince got over Austin several times.

OK, then replace Austin with Rock.

It's funny that Vince wrestled all covered up like that.  It's like, why bother getting all jacked?

Holy shit - RAW WAS FUN. They needed to do a lot, and they hot shotted a TON here, but it worked. Vince just being in there with Roman helped Roman, and they absolutely prevented him from being Luger 2K15 tonight.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/12/wwe-raw-12-15-15.html

Screens -
fca6c5452685431.jpg

534c10452685434.jpg

3a87e4452685464.jpg

76a0ee452685476.jpg

04fa86452685605.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/hdn9qj1h0qji4dl48jwl195q0rrsf75w

Good show.

But Hogan or Austin would've never taken a nut shot from Vince.  Just saying.

You sure?

[snip]

I think people forget that Vince got over Austin several times.

OK, then replace Austin with Rock.

It's funny that Vince wrestled all covered up like that.  It's like, why bother getting all jacked?

I'm not intentionally picking on ya. I'm just sayin'. Vince gets over on everyone he feuds with at some point, otherwise the dynamic wouldn't work.

bG3id7O.gif

No I don't have a stash of Vince low blow GIFs. Honest.

• Like 6

Is that close to the longest recorded ref-distraction spot in history?  It was like a minute and a half.

In New Japan Pro Wrestling, Red Shoes tends to be distracted for entire matches, so I'd say no.

Oh, and um... Roman winning gave me a big smile tonight. I was glad to have that, even if I suspect they'll strip him of the title next week.