DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 17: Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone II (12/19/2015) - Orlando, FL (Amway Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Fuck, I love watching Do Bronx fight. Just sort out the weight issues and he's elite.

Pressure is always going to be Do Bronx's weakness. Holloway was starting to turn it up before that weird finish. I think Max would have clearly won at least 49-46 on the scorecards if it went the distance. Max's activity would have worn on him.

I think at lightweight, there are just too many good fighters to really break into the top ten. He might scratch top 15, but you got some really tough matchups above that.

You're right in that he struggles when faced with pressure, though I think he's better than quite a few of the top 15 lightweights. I'd have him just below Dariush but above Jury (#9). Both he and my other fave, Barboza, really do struggle when guys close distance consistently and apply pressure in close. 

If he stays at 145, he needs to make some changes to his weight cut because he can't afford another missed cut. 

I think Barboza has done better now with pressure than he has in the past. He just loves being in a firefight. It's easier to get caught when something you don't see coming.

Jeez everyone I thought would win or wanted to win on this show lost. Thought Randa would at least pull off the decision in the end.

Randa could have done better if she was looking for more than one punch. Karolina wasn't piling it on, but she appeared to be way more active in throwing combos than Randa. That shined through when you had periods of inactivity. I also think Markos could done more when she had back control. It seems like once she got the body triangle, it became a bit of a stalemate.

• Like 1

Wow. So, totally blown away by Nate Diaz. His boxing was sharp, staying just enough out of range to take and evade Johnson's shots and walked through those leg kicks, to unload that beautiful jab. Shit-talking afterwards didn't disappoint either.

Rafael Dos Anjos was terrific too. Really dominant performance. Hellacious striking broke Cerrone's soul.