DVDVR Message Board

UFC 194: Aldo vs. McGregor (12/12/2015) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

So, what are the odds Conor's doing Dancing With the Stars pretty soon? Because it looks like he'd walk it. And, y'know, mainstream exposure.

Weidman is training at a gym called Weidman/ Longo. What happened to Matt Serra?

So, what are the odds Conor's doing Dancing With the Stars pretty soon? Because it looks like he'd walk it. And, y'know, mainstream exposure.

Weidman is training at a gym called Weidman/ Longo. What happened to Matt Serra?

Chris partnered with Ray and what was Ray Longo MMA became Longo And Weidman (LAW) MMA. Matt still owns and teaches at both the Serra BJJ Academies on Long Island and it is still known as the Serra-Longo Fight Team. Obviously Matt still handles the BJJ aspect of training all the fighters. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to everyone taking it upon themselves to learn the teachings of Ido Portal should he win.

If he makes outrageous demands to the Zuffa brass (ex. a $100 million contract), then he will doing Dancing with the Stars and whatever it is that is not fighting.

• Like 2

Conor's thoughts on routine and repetition were interesting. Also found it strange that he was chewing gum. Doesn't that make you hungry and wouldn't that be the last thing you want when cutting weight?

Rockhold and Weidman looked pretty calm, Rockhold looked a tad tetchy near the end though.

EDIT; After watching all the UFC Embedded series (so far)and the presser, I've a bad feeling Aldo is going to murder McGregor and i really really want McGregor to win.

Awesome article detailing how McGregor could beat Aldo on Bloody Elbow. But even in the article that's describing how Conor could win, the author points out one of his key strategies for victory is something A: Conor's never done and B: something Aldo does better than anybody else in MMA. 

I try not to get too hung up on fight analysis because it's always possible and seems to happen quite often that the fight will go the exact opposite.  Case in point, Rousey vs. Holm.

I'm just going ahead and picking Rockhold for this weekend.  He's the biggest underdog I feel strongly could win the title.

I thought Rousey-Holm was going to go one of two ways and what actually happened was something I don't think most people could even imagine.

For me, this week is a bit different because I just think a lot of the stuff that probably should happen and most people think will happen in most of these fights won't happen. Just a gut feeling really.

• Like 1

Awesome article detailing how McGregor could beat Aldo on Bloody Elbow. But even in the article that's describing how Conor could win, the author points out one of his key strategies for victory is something A: Conor's never done and B: something Aldo does better than anybody else in MMA. 

That is a good article. But Bloody Elbow still sounds like a guy with a lot of aches and pains trying to get out of bed. Ooh, my fucking neck. Aah, my bastard knees. Eugh, my sodding back. Fuck, my bloody elbow.

• Like 1

EDIT; After watching all the UFC Embedded series (so far)and the presser, I've a bad feeling Aldo is going to murder McGregor and i really really want McGregor to win.

Watch this and you'll feel a lot happier about Conor's chances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr41GmFtAFA

• Like 1

Let's seem them doing hula hoops like that Key and Peele skit :D .  

Also, someone should cast Matt Serra and Ray Longo in a mobster movie.  They are like larger than life, almost like the mobsters from The Simpsons.

great analysis by Dan Hardy of Aldo/McGregor.

• Like 2