DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Winter 2016

Dolfan in NYC

I had to look up what country the team that beat Manchester United plays in and I thought I was pretty deep in the game. Never heard of a team in the Danish domestic league doing anything of note.

How does Van Gaal have a job? Considering the resources at their disposal this season is disgraceful. And on top of that other than Martial their team is absolutely boring to watch. At least when Chelsea park the bus from the opening kick there's a chance of a red card somewhere.

Midjyland also beat Man City a while back. (during the Tharkin error, I mean era) (edit: 2nd qualifying round for the UEFA Europa League, 2008)

And we have farcial scenes in Germany as the manager refuses to leave after being red carded so the referee leaves instead.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/21/bayer-leverkusen-borussia-dortmund-match-suspended

Hey -- MLS season begins next week and OC got Antonio Nocerino in the off season. Hey, at least they got something.

Anyway, I'm not a season ticket holder, but I'm sure I'll be at all of the games except for the 2 Wednesday games against Philadelphia Union and Toronto FC.

I already got tickets for their preseason game against Esporte Clube Bahia on Saturday and for the season opener against Real Salt Lake next Sunday.

God I love that club no matter how sad it was at times last season.

Wow, Antonio Conte is going to sign a 3-year deal with Chelsea and is expected to take over within 10 days. I really thought they'd bring in Simeone but I guess he's in a good place. 

Neymar signed a 5-year contract with Barcelona too. 

Big night for England, they may have just done enough to keep them ahead of Italy on coefficient (to keep the fourth Champions League Spot)

@dalejohnsonespn

If Roma lose at Real Madrid in two weeks, Italy 3.637 points behind England with only 3.666 points available. Should all be over that week.