DVDVR Message Board

How happy are you with WWE right now?

Adam

What do you think of WWE in 2015?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Happiness level:

• Very happy - I wouldn't change a thing.
    • Happy - A few hiccups but I think they're going in the right direction.
    • Hit/Miss - I'm not too dissatisfied or bothered with the product.
    • Unhappy - I skip through certain segments and shows.
    • Very unhappy - I'm fed up with how WWE is right now. Changes needed!

Hi guys,

I've been reading through different parts of the board, and there seems to be a few different views about good WWE is at this time. So I thought a nice simple poll to sum up the boards feelings about WWE as a whole. In 2015, including the WWE Network, there's WWE television shows like Raw, SmackDown! and NXT, all new content and some good to great new original shows and a whole host of new and old stars on TV. People are split over booking decisions and which talent are getting pushes, which of course is nothing new.

So with the recent all time low rating of a non-holiday Raw, how do you feel about the WWE product?

Today's era isn't great by any stretch but I don't think it's as terrible as a lot of people make it out to be. I've been watching wrestling for a really long time and I've seen a lot of crap so I guess my tolerance level may be a little higher than others.

NXT is one of the best things going in the wrestling world today.

The main roster is quite infuriating.  In terms of talent, they have one of the better pools they've had in recent memory but don't have a single clue what to do with it.  What is more infuriating still is how, even with consistently shitty booking, they will occasionally put out a Raw or PPV that is incredibly well done with non-obnoxious angles and really good matches.

I attended my first wrestling event this year, the WWE twice. I miss Daniel Bryan and wish Cesaro would get the push he deserves. Enjoyed The Undertaker having his most active year since 2010 and his 25th year in the WWF/E as a big fan of his. Brock Lesnar appearances stand out with his contract. The booking is frustrating. 2015 has delivered some great fucking matches.

• Like 2

I'm in the middle of the road in how I feel about the main roster.  Which means I'm in perfect position to be ran over, heh.

It's not as good as it should be, but I see the potential.  The talent is fantastic, with someone for everyone.  There have been some great matches despite the wacky storylines and no buildup.

In one of my rare moments of optimism, I think 2016 could bring some interesting stuff to our TVs.  A number of wrestlers will be returning after injury.  A couple of NXT folks will get called up.  And we'll have new champions across the board.  The chess board is being set.  It's a matter of the right person seeing it and moving the parts accordingly.

I don't watch NXT unless it's one of their specials, so I don't have a firm opinion on it other than I like what I've seen.  I follow it via this board, but that's really as far as it goes for me.

If all you watch is stuff on the network then it's cool. The PPVs haven't been great but they've been decent in-ring wise. NXT and their specials are all awesome. I love Table for 3. I really like some of the other things they're doing too. So it's well worth the ten bucks. Now I hear they might start adding territories so that'd be awesome.

I'm not pleased with RAW. I think it sucks most weeks.

NXT is fantastic.

The main roster has lots of talent, but is booked poorly. I also find that most of the work is merely "solid" rather than very good. I won't be going back to watch any of the PPVs from earlier this year and I'll likely watch only one or two main roster matches from this year ever again (maybe the triple threat at the Rumble, but that's about it). 

That's the tricky thing about the main roster: It's not outwardly awful like WCW in 2000 or AWA in 1991 or Abrams' UWF where it's clear how awful it is (and where you might be able to get some fun out of "so bad, it's good" matches or angles). It's a lifeless, paint-by-numbers program with work that is good enough to sit through once and few actual bad matches, even if on the other hand, it's unlikely that you'll ever want to go back and watch any of those matches full of solid-if-unspectacular work.

NXT is my favorite wrestling on tv right now. I don't watch the main roster at all unless it's a PPV and I'm underwhelmed more often than not.

Same. I've watched about 3 hours of non-network WWE this year. Mostly just Cena's open challenges.

• Like 1

It's WCW these days.  You have lots of random good, a great C-show (NXT), and so much bad you have to fast forward through, and a main event scene that is boring as hell and predictable.

I liked WCW, so I can stomach it, but I know when it's shit, and a lot of it is shit now.

I'm balancing out my disdain for the WWE's booking with the fact that we get good to great matches with some frequency, entertaining bits like the New Day, and all the Network stuff like NXT, Table of 3, etc. There's a lot to enjoy from the company as a whole, it's just too bad that their main shows can be so frustrating.

I'm not really sure where I'm at.

NXT is pretty good balancing good wrestling with decent story telling, but it doesn't honestly excite me often in terms of direction.

I think the main show roster is fantastic with tons of good wrestlers and decent variety even among them. I love the actual wrestling, but the booking has just been all over the place with them creating good moments then only to backtrack on them almost immediately. Its weird because it feels like they know who to push on some level but have no idea how to properly do it.