DVDVR Message Board

Hunting

misanthrope304

Today was the start of firearm season for whitetail deer here in the 304. Ive already got one skinned and hanging, and im planning on going again bright and early in the a.m.

Ive not seen any kind of topic here before that i can remember, hell im not even sure im in the right place (maybe land of confusion, although technically it is classified as a sport).

Does anyone else here enjoy spending time in the great outdoors murdering cute woodland creatures then eating their flesh?

• Like 1

I hunt with a few friends of mine and usually hit up Deer Season, Turkey Season and Small Game Season in Virginia and Maryland. 

I try to get enough deer meat in to live off of chili in the Winter but occasionally I will get lucky and score on enough rabbits to either roast (I make my famous Hasenpfeffer for Christmas every other year if I have enough rabbit and even the doubtful love it) or make stew out of.

Virginia wild turkeys are pretty scrawny and it takes a lot of prep to get that gamey taste out of them.  Deer and rabbits are a bit easier to work with, IMO.

• Like 1

Never could get the hang of deer hunting.  Too much sitting in a cold-ass deer blind fighting off sleep for me.

I've been dove hunting since I was a kid - still go a few times a year.

Damn video games mess up my shooting though. I have to fight like hell to not jerk the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 44 years old.  If I tried it in real live I'd be in traction.

Hey, now!  I am a 47 year old with a Blue Belt in BJJ.  My forward roll in real life is a million times better than my combat roll in video games.