DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] NXT 11/19/2015 Tapings (Airs 12/9/15)

RIPPA

FROM WON

Wednesday, December 9th:

- Bull Dempsey beat Riddick Moss. Dempsey's comedy is over with the live crowd.

- Enzo & Big Cass beat John Skyler & Corey Hollis in a squash.

- Asuka beat Deonna Purrazzo with a spinning kick knockout and referee stoppage. Emma and Dana Brooke came out after the match,.

- Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder beat Blake & Murphy.

- NXT Women's Champion Bayley beat Peyton Royce in a non-title squash match. Nia Jax and Eva Marie came out on the stage, leading to the announcement of Bayley vs. Jax in London.

- Samoa Joe & Baron Corbin beat NXT Champion Finn Balor and Apollo Crews via ref stoppage after Joe choked Finn out. Joe ends the show standing tall with the belt. 

We're told Linda and Stephanie McMahon came out in front of the fans, but it doesn't appear like it was for anything on-air.

FROM PWI

Week 3

- Bull Dempsey def. Riddick Moss (likely a dark match)

- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady w/Carmella def. Cory Hollis and John Skyler. 

Post match: Enzo and Cass promise retribution against Dawson and Wilder in London.

- Asuka def. Deonna Purazzo. During the match, Emma and Dana came to watch the match, but were scared off when Asuka knocked Deonna out.

- The Hype Bros def. Blake and Murphy w/Alexa Bliss

- Bayley def. Peyton Royce 

Post match: Nia Jax comes out with Eva Marie. Nia says the only reason Bayley is Champion is because Nia wasn't there. Nia says she will win the title in London

- Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin def. Finn Balor and Apollo Crews 

Post match dark segment: Finn promises to bring the Demon to London.

NOTES:

- Linda McMahon was in attendance, sitting with Stephanie McMahon through most of the third episode.

- Blue Pants has a new theme. It's similar to her old one, only it doesn't have Colin Cassady performing it.

- The merchandise truck had new Bayley headbands for sale. They also had a lot of the old NXT shirts for former talents at discounted prices (i.e. Kevin Owens, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, etc.)

- No return date to Full Sail was announced.

• 3 weeks later...

Astonishing go-home show. After Raw, we actually see a program before a major show that makes you want to not only see this show, but that one too. Asuka is OFFICIALLY the smartest babyface in WWE. Also, its biggest badass since she's the first act since Brock to win via KO.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/12/wwe-nxt-12-9-15.html

Screens - 

987b46451857970.jpg 

f28387451859308.jpg

1dca66451860727.jpg 

107a3c451860733.jpg

Bliss Factor

5d35f1451858123.jpg 

0a7126451858124.jpg 

46c7cd451859276.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/clyxkbf2enmisujh79tg9uckgrdr6hci

I think it's nice that NXT is less racist than the main show or most other companies to the point that when Corbin said about Crews, "I don't like you, and I don't like your type," I thought he was talking about indie stars and not black people.

Asuka might be the best booked person in the company outside of Bayley. 

Enzo does a pretty good serious/fired-up promo.

Peyton Royce looks like a giraffe stumbling down the side of a cliff when she runs the ropes. 

Joe has dominated Bálor enough that I genuinely am not sure who is winning that match.

• Like 1

I loved that Enzo and Cass came out all business, all intensity. Just fucked some jobbers up and told the champs take notice motherfuckers.

Emma and Dana had a nice promo.  They're so great together and Asuka is must watch.  That's gonna be a great match at the PPV.  Dana looked awesome in that outfit.

I didn't mind the Hype Bros getting a win. I'm thinking maybe they move Alexa on to something else soon.  She's great in that mean girl role.

Bayley and Nia Jax/Eva is another great feud, interested to see how that plays out. 

Joe leaving Finn laying was cool.. Fuck,  I'm looking much more forward to this show than TLC.  Yeah, we say that all the time but it's so fucking true.

I thought Enzo's promo was the best thing on the show. Not as good as last week, but a decent enough go home show. The main event was clunky as it looked like they were trying not to give away too much. Can we get Alexa away from the jobber team already? Also fuck Mojo just call up the Hype Bros they'll fit right in on the main roster.

Was that the Seinfeld puffy shirt Dana was wearing?

The best thing about this show is that there is no obvious results. Take Nia v Bailey -

1 - Bailey could upset the monster for a huge win and a showdown with Asuka.

2 - Nia could win the title and set up a match of the undefeated women vs Asuka

3 - Eva could cost Bailey the match to setup a rematch between Bailey and Nia as well as Bailey wanting revenge on Eva.

4 - Eva could accidentally cost Nia the match leading to Nia wanting Eva dead.

5 - Nia could win the title and forfeit it to Eva, at least until Regal makes a comeback and upholds the title as vacant.

Those are all legitimate options and I would be happy with any of them coming out of Takeover. Now compare that to the Survivor Series tournament where we all saw the Roman v Ambrose match coming and the all saw the Sheamus cash in from miles away.

I may be in the minority, but after Asuka dominating as much as she has I kind of want Emma to squeak out a cheap win. It would up Emma's heel game with a healthy dose of arrogance, plus the rematch would be filled with even more hate.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority, but after Asuka dominating as much as she has I kind of want Emma to squeak out a cheap win. It would up Emma's heel game with a healthy dose of arrogance, plus the rematch would be filled with even more hate.

I've thought this as well but it feels like there is just too big a match between undefeated Asuka going up against undefeated Nia Jax for the title. How often are they going to have two dominant women running through the division at the same time, who both feel fresh and work different styles? This could be a once in a generation type opportunity.

Asuka vs Nia Jax - Streak v Streak - for the title. That match could main event the WrestleMania eve Takeover show.

I think Asuka/Bayley is still the money match right now. Asuka's gotta work at least one of the horsewomen, right? And Asuka has *IT* right now, so putting Emma over her would be uncharacteristically stupid for NXT.

For Bayley/Nia, I wouldn't normally encourage copying TNA, but following the Gail/Kong path might not be the worst idea here. Have Bayley sneak out the win this time, then have Nia squash her at a later date.

God I am psyched for that show next week with those two women's matches. It still amazes me they can do that here and well can't do that on Monday or Thursday nights. Asuka vs. Emma just feels like it could be amazing with Emma winning in a great heel fashion and her running for her life every week after until the rematch.

Bayley vs. Nia Jax will be equally as amazing as there are so many ways they can go with it. Bayley can pull off the impossible win. Eva can screw up and cost Nia the match. I think that's the most likely option because I don't see any of Bayley's offense working on Nia. Eva could also cost Bayley the match and next thing you know people are marching with pitch forks and fire trying to get to her as they run her out of the country.

So it can go so many ways.

Nia telling Eva to basically shut up (after a huge eye roll when Eva started talking) was the best. Really digging her push and work. Would have no problem with her beating Bayley. I was thinking they may have Emma beat Asuka via shenanigans too but I defo prefer the idea of undefeated Asuka vs. undefeated Nia Jax. Fuck, I don't really care because I have faith in Ryan Ward/Trips. It's so fun to watch a show with little worry about things being fucked up badly.

• Like 1

Wasn't sure what to think with Peyton Royce slinking around during her entrance but she was great once the match started. Her best showing so far and she seems to have some character behind her moves now... maybe she should reduce the slinking around by half (learn from Dana).

Eva maybe the second coming of Vickie; the heat is there whether or not she wrestles.

Good show. Everything feels important. Enzo and Cass have a big match next week (and Cass is coming off of an injury) and their entrance and post match promo let everyone know that there is going to be a fight in London. If this was WWE it would have been cutesy video game style entrances at the start, LOVES TO HAVE FUN in the ring, and then a promo that would have canceled both of those elements out while the WWE Superstar(s) made sure to mention how he/she is going to steal the show. Yuck.

I agree with Jax/Asuka. WWE should just let them both run for a while. Don't let them touch. The NXT Divas roster is deep enough for those two to NEVER touch until the pre-WM show (as mentioned). There should be two crews running: the more established (Carmella, Eva, Jax, Bliss, Emma, etc.) going against Bayley while Asuka takes on all the rookies (Dana, Royce, Gia, etc.). Also, what the hell is up with Royce's entrance? That looked very uncomfortable, as if she was TRYING so hard to be sexy and seductive. Sometimes just walking to the ring like a normal person is perfectly fine. Too many Divas are trying (and failing) doing the sexy walk to the ring. Nikki has the hips for it, but the best one to pull it off (and I am not even really a fan of hers) is Fox.

anyways...enough talk about lame-4th rate OTT 'sexy' struts to the ring.

I like Baron Corbin. He is such a dick and his promos come off as so real. The guy just needs to change his tights. I have never been a fan of that look. Reminds me of Meat Loaf and Bat Out of Hell.

• Like 1