DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] NXT 11/19/2015 Tapings (Airs 12/2/15)

RIPPA

FROM WON

Wednesday, December 2nd:

- Nia Jax destroyed Blue Pants in a squash.

- James Storm beat Adam Rose in a squash.

- Jason Jordan & Chad Gable beat The Vaudevillains in a good match. The Vaudevillains refused to shake their hands after the match and were teasing a heel turn.

- Emma beat Liv Morgan (the former Gionna Daddio) via submission. Pretty much a squash match. After the match, they set up Asuka vs. Emma for London.

- Samoa Joe beat Tommaso Ciampa in a physical match.

FROM PWI

Week 2

- Baron Corbin def. Tye Dillinger 

- Nia Jax def. Blue Pants 

- James Storm def. Adam Rose

- Jason Jordan and Chad Gable def. The Vaudevillains 

Post match: Jordan and Gable offer to shake hands, but The Vaudevillains walk away.

- Emma def. Gionna Daddio (who was working under a new name that I wasn't able to make out)

Post Match: Asuka appears on the tron and says she will see Emma in London.

- Samoa Joe def. Tomasso Ciampa.

Well, there goes that talk of WWE being done with Blue Pants.  And I'm hoping Joe/Ciampa is the physical match I'm hoping for.  That could be a really fun match.

I'm also looking foward to Joe/Ciampa. I want to see those two throwing bombs at each other. 

• 2 weeks later...

Baron Corbin elaborately flipping a dude over just to punch him in the face was one of the best things on this show.

I guess that whoever owns the rights to TPIR finally contacted WWE about Blue Pants's theme music. :( 

Nia Jax with the stiff clothesline to a celebrating Blue Pants was great. Jax is a solid in-ring shit-talker. She gets better every week and is going to be REALLY fun to watch as she kills the other ladies of NXT as the champ for the first half of 2016.

Apollo Crews is so likable, IMO. 

I think the New Age Brainbusters are actually pretty good talkers, but I still think that sticking them with a manager would be a good idea. 

James Storm looks like he's in better shape. I actually enjoy Adam Rose's offense and I feel like he's a solid enough guy that I'm not sure why the company hasn't gotten more out of him. He seems like one half of a solid lower-midcard tag team.

Jason Jordan's t-shirt was cool, and I want one.

"I didn't even have to ask him!" LOLOL. 

Simon Gotch is so good offensively. I hope that once this Vaudevillains thing doesn't work out on the main roster, they transition him to something good. Actually, a Cesaro/Gotch tag team sounds like something that I would want to see in the future. I love watching Jordan and Gable trying to smother guys with matwork and throws as their strategy. I think that the tag teams in NXT all have clear and distinct strategies that make for interesting clashes in style even within the broader framework of WWE style. 

LOL at Dana Brooke finding her happy place by being patronizing and patting people on their heads. Also, I think the only weekly constant on NXT television should be Emma guzzling some jobber because those are some of my favorite random matches on television nowadays. This week's jobber totally was biting Carmella's style. 

Asuka exudes bad-assedness. 

Uh-oh, Bayley's got her worried face on. Nia Jax shoving interviewers around and throwing people through doors = beastly. So ready for this match even if it means Bayley is losing. :(

With the way they've built both Asuka and Nia Jax, I hope they hold off on that match for as long as possible to get max hype out of it. I am already wanting to see it pretty badly. 

We had our third awesome "heel strikes someone out of irritation/being a dick spot" when a nonplussed Joe answered Ciampa's chop with one of his own that actually had an effect. I love spots like that so much. Then these guys decided to beat the shit out of each other after that, so I was pretty happy with this match. 

It belatedly dawned on me just now that we never got Joe/Owens in NXT even though they teased it. That bums me out. 

This was a REALLY fun show, IMO. Loved it. 

Really fun show this week. Loved the Nia squash of Blue Pants, whose new theme sucks. Baron beat Tye in convincing fashion, and Storm looked far better in this match than his first one. The switch to the Last Call is a lateral move since the 8 Second Ride sucked. Team Gable's match ruled, and Joe vs. Ciampa was absolutely perfect. Ciampa shined a lot, while Joe looked better here than every before on NXT. It was a very rewatchable match, and a must-watch edition of NXT.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/12/wwe-nxt-12-1-15.html

Screens - 

f6843c450645109.jpg  

45a7f6450645100.jpg 

93209f450647988.jpg 

c615e7450647990.jpg

#goemmago

a3c834450647899.jpg 

8896d3450647909.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/xnchdzizy2o8ehwzfqt9p9gsqolxrywp

Unless they are going to form a tag team, not sure why you would create a Jersey girl in Liv Morgan (such a weird name) when you already have a Staten Island girl in Carmella. 

Emma has been great since coming back to NXT.  Shame that nobody on the main roster has a clue about it

Nia Jax looks better every week. Her squash of Blue Pants was perfect, and I loved seeing her put Bayley through a door. I love Bayley, but I think I might actually be pulling for Jax to beat her at this point. Gable/Jordan vs. Vaudevillains was good fun. Joe/Ciampa was awesome and the most I've enjoyed either guy in NXT. Great episode tonight.

This was the first time in about 8 years or so that Joe was back to being Fucking Samoa Joe.

I was thinking the same thing. It was like 2005, badass Samoa Joe returned for a night. Gives me p high hopes for London.

Joe can be motivated when he wants to be. I imagine being in TNA for so long is barely enough motivation to keep from killing yourself, let alone work hard.

What a super fun episode everything worked for me. The highlight has to be Samoa Joe looking like 2005 world class badass Samoa Joe. Nia Jax is kinda fucking awesome. I think I'm all in on a title change for that match. Asuka/Emma has had a great build as well. NXT losses 3 of the 4 Horsewomen, and still books a 10 times better women's division.

Jordan and Gable definitely deserve a match at Takeover maybe against a full heel Vaudevillians. Gable is the best in the company at working an opening sequence. The Cowboy looked in better shape than his debut. Corbin and Tye was a perfectly fine tune up match. Yeah just a really fun show.

JOE!!!! I loved how quiet that match was at the start.  The crowd didn't know how to react to something so off formula.  That first stiff clothesline woke them up though.,, and then that kick, holy hell!

So many match ups I want to see with Joe on the main roster.

Joe and Ciampa had their fucking working boots on. Both shined and that was one of my most entertaining TV matches of the year.

Trying real hard to figure this out but, for the life of me, I don't understand the huge pops Tye Dillinger gets. What am I missing?

The sad look on the new interviewer's face after he got patted by Dana was worth a rewind. Legit LOL'ed.

Joe is building up a nice 2015 resume.  That was one of the best NXT men's matches in quite some time.  Joe/Corbin was super underrated a couple months ago at NXT:Brooklyn.  Dug his work in the tag tournament as well.

Hyped for the London show.

I will say, the moment when Joe ran Ciampa into the corner then kicked his head off, and Joe just had this "Fuck this dude for even trying that shit on me" look on his face, I just knew he was back. And it was awesome.

Joe is one of the very very people in wrestling that can come across as the baddest dude in the world. That one moment was the first time I've seen it in so so long.

• Like 1

Another great hour of NXT.  What the hell is wrong with WWE, all that talent and they can't make a year worth of RAWs as interesting as to one hour of NXT>

Comparing NXT to the main shows, is as Bobby Heenan used to say, like comparing ice cream to horse manure. 

That was a fun hour of wrestling I just watched. 

I actually enjoy Adam Rose's offense and I feel like he's a solid enough guy that I'm not sure why the company hasn't gotten more out of him. He seems like one half of a solid lower-midcard tag team.

I've thought for a while that they should replace Konnor with Rose in the Ascension. Just change his name to Kruger, give him some new tights, and drop the wannabe LOD shtick.

Another great hour of NXT.  What the hell is wrong with WWE, all that talent and they can't make a year worth of RAWs as interesting as to one hour of NXT>

More time to fill, bigger audience to please, 4-5 times the writers, possibly different goals in booking, etc.

Trying real hard to figure this out but, for the life of me, I don't understand the huge pops Tye Dillinger gets. What am I missing?

I can't remember if it was Bryan or Jericho that said it in the podcast, but wrestling fans like to do two things at live shows: Chant and move their arms

Gonna have to go knock the dust of that MOTY list for Joe/Ciampa. I had nearly forgotten good wrestling existed since the last Takeover.

I have to watch the first half of the show. Did they do away with the watch from the beginning option for live shows because when I clicked on it, it went straight to live. I saw it from Vaudevillians vs. Jordan/Gable. Jordan reminds me so much of Shelton Benjamin. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. At one point in the match he had probably the best looking dropkick I've seen anyone in the WWE throw in a really long time. Chad Gable continues to impress me. But I think he's gonna get stuck with the "well, if he were only this much taller" problem from the corporate types. They better start selling those towels though.

Evil Emma vs. Joy was fun. Here's the thing though. I don't buy that she's a Joisey goil. Her bleach blond hair, football hat, jersey, and shorts scream California skater. 201 is Jersey City, Hoboken, Bayone, ect. Not so sunshiney of places. Anyway Emma rules and oh my God that reveal at the end of the match with Asuka. I thought she was kicking poor Dana Brooke on the bag. I wonder if Lance Storm trained Emma in any catch wrestling. That's gonna be such a fun match in London.

Joe vs. Ciampa. DAMN. At one point when he was slapping Joe, I was like why are you trying to make him angerier. Before 2016 is out please WWE let Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar happen. Who cares if it's a five minute match. If it's five minutes of them slapping the shit out of each other it will be MOTY.

Chalk it up to the NXT crowd being fucking awful.  The crowd response still does help out certain segments, like the rejected handshake after the tag match, but at this point they are just as likely to miss their mark.

I'm sorry, but I will never be cool with the stupid fucking chants.  They keep trying to refine this Angle theme chant for Jordan/Gable, but they have no fucking rhythm so it ends up being awful.  After failing the first time they even tried to do it again after Gable took that hard bump to floor.  Which, obviously, was horribly timed because Gable was trying to sell the hard fall and not exactly working on a comeback.

Tye Dillinger getting a bigger pop than the first 5 minutes of that Joe match really just says it all.  I absolutely love the venue, but I can't wait for them to out grow Full Sail.  They are somehow a lamer version of an impact zone crowd.

• Like 1

Yes let's complain about wrestlers being too over when no one on the big show can ever get a reaction. Sorry but I'll take my wrestling where everyone is over as opposed to no one. Tye Dillinger and Blue Pants are more over than the top faces on Raw lol.

• Like 2