DVDVR Message Board

The DVDVR 1980s Lucha 100

goodhelmet

Huge 2nd batch of domestic orders went out today. People should get them on Thursday or Friday. I have 7 orders left and a handful of yearbooks to mail out. 

New burner works like a charm. Thanks everyone for your patience!!!

As soon as my paypal stops being a complete bitch I'm sending the money for this. If it doesn't stop being a complete bitch I'll use my brother's paypal or something. Either way, you'll be getting money for this fairly soon.

I had watched the first disc and part of the second, but went back and started again from the beginning with the podcasts. I am very glad I did, because I pick up on a lot more details with the help of the podcasts. It's now to the point that , on the days when there is no Lucha podcast, I rewatch the AWA discs with the old podcasts. Thanks a lot, guys, for taking the time out to do those.

It's hard for me to give official write up reviews for the Lucha matches as I'm very unfamiliar w/ most of these workers, with the exception of a handful of workers on the set I can't recall ever seeing any of these guy's, I don't speak or understand spanish either so for this set I will just rank my matches, hope that is acceptable...

DISC 1
Satoru Sayama y Gran Hamada vs. Perro Aguayo y Baby Face (4/13/80) ***3/4
Andre t Giant & Cien Caras vs. Alfonso Dantes, Herodes y Sangre Chicana (1981)*3/4
Centurion Negro vs. Gran Hamada (2/14/82)***3/4 
El Canek vs. Don Corleone (2/14/82)***1/4 
Tatsumi Fujinami vs. El Canek (6/12/83)***1/2 
Kevin von Erich, Mascara Ano 2000 y Halcon Ortiz v. Coloso Colosetti, Pirata Morgan y Herodes (9/23/83)***1/2
MS-1 vs. Sangre Chicana (9/23/83)***** 
Espectro Jr, Satanico y MS-1 vs Mocho Cota, Sangre Chicana y La Fiera (9/30/83)***3/4 
Sangre Chicana vs. Ringo Mendoza (10/28/83)***1/2 
Atlantis y El Hijo del Santo vs. Fuerza Guerrera y Lobo Rubio (11/25/83)****1/4