DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 11/9/15

victor

- The WWE world heavyweight championship was set up in the ring as the main showcase. This was so The Authority could come out and formally announce that a tournament would begin tonight to crown a new champ after Seth Rollins was forced to vacate the title due to injury. Fans were chanting "thank you Rollins", Roman Reigns was out next and Triple H asked him if he wanted to become the new Rollins, placing the title on his shoulder. He declined. His first tournament match will be against Big Show.

- Roman Reigns def. Big Show but the bigger story is word that the crowd went into business for itself with various chants at Show like "you fat bastard" and were doing the wave and what not.

- The tournament bracket was revealed:

- Kevin Owens def. Titus O'Neil to advance in the tournament. Owens got heat going after the Queen of England.

- Paige did a backstage promo to set up a match with Becky Lynch, who won via roll up in usual Divas match finish fashion. After, Paige did a PTO on the announce table after and Charlotte ran in.

- Dolph Ziggler def. The Miz to advance in the tournament.

- Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter were out for a promo and if there was ever doubt, they were heeling it up quite a bit here, saying even Scotland doesn't want the English.

- Natalya def. Naomi in a match they were setting up on Twitter with Nattie questioning who the leader of the team is. Sasha responded by saying three heads are better than one and Team B.A.D. beat the Queen of Harts down after the match.

- King Barrett called out Wayne Rooney ringside when he accompanied Sheamus out for his match with Cesaro. Not surprisingly, Cesaro defeated the Money in the Bank briefcase holder -- they chanted "briefcase wanker" at him during the match -- to set up a tough second round match-up with Roman Reigns. They did an angle where Rooney slapped Barrett to a big pop.

- Dean Ambrose def. Tyler Breeze to advance in the tournament. He won with a schoolboy.

- Ric Flair showed up for a promo to put over Undertaker appearing on SmackDown. This could be a dark segment.

- The New Day def. Neville & The Usos with some typical cheating heel tactics after their usual pre-match promo work.

- Bray Wyatt was out for a promo. He was interrupted by Undertaker and Kane. Braun Strowman, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan all showed up after the Brothers of Destruction got into the ring to confront Bray. 'Taker and Kane beat down the heels before walking out and doing the one arm up gimmick at the stage.

That's your show.

The chants were one of the best parts of the show I heard, The way the brackets are set up I see no way Reigns can lose. No suprises in the brackets.

So, Bray doesn't actually have Kane & Undertaker's powers, after proving he did a week (or two?) ago? Um, alright then. Both of them should be severely weakened, but they manage to beat down 4 guys, despite presumably being "without their powers". This angle can fuck off, I had hope at the beginning of it but they squandered it pretty quickly.

No surprises doesn't just describe the tournament brackets, that's for sure.

Everything about this show is vanilla and boring, I'm glad it was taped so I can just watch re-runs of Cutthroat Kitchen instead.

• Like 1

They had an opportunity to do something fresh...something unexpected...something "different". And it looks like they decided to give us pretty much the same old.

What were you expecting? I'm just happy I was wrong about Cena winning the whole thing.

Reigns/Ambrose in the finals is obvious, but I would be totally fine with it, if they swerved us and gave us Reigns/Owens instead.

They had an opportunity to do something fresh...something unexpected...something "different". And it looks like they decided to give us pretty much the same old.

What were you expecting? I'm just happy I was wrong about Cena winning the whole thing.

Reigns/Ambrose in the finals is obvious, but I would be totally fine with it, if they swerved us and gave us Reigns/Owens instead.

Now that you've said that, there will be an injury angle at Survivor Series and whoever is supposed to face Reigns will be replaced by a "mystery opponent" - John Cena.

I think it's more the fact that these tournament matches are completely one-sided. For instance, I'm supposed to believe Titus O'Neil has a chance? Kalisto? The Miz? And before people jump on me for placing Miz in with those two - yeah, I realize he was a champion (5 years ago) but these days he's basically just WWE's resident talk show host.

C'mon. People are expecting Reigns to win, sure, but you could shorten the field of competitors down and have match-ups where it seems like either guy could win, not just one. It's frustrating, but expected.

I think it's more the fact that these tournament matches are completely one-sided. For instance, I'm supposed to believe Titus O'Neil has a chance? Kalisto? The Miz? And before people jump on me for placing Miz in with those two - yeah, I realize he was a champion (5 years ago) but these days he's basically just WWE's resident talk show host.

C'mon. People are expecting Reigns to win, sure, but you could shorten the field of competitors down and have match-ups where it seems like either guy could win, not just one. It's frustrating, but expected.

It's realistic. Have you never watched the NCAA Tournament? Upsets happen all the time. 

Looking over that bracket...

How the hell do Tutus O' Neill, Kalisto and Tyler Breeze get spots in the tournament while Bray Wyatt doesn't? Hell you could have had Taker cost Wyatt his first round match against Ambrose to set up the B.O.D. clearing the ring of the Wyatt family.

They can't even get their stale, half assed booking right.