DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Spoiler regarding the games music.

This might be the first game in history were people sre ecstatic they are reusing so much of a previous games soundtrack.

PLEASE tell me that

Butcher Pete(Part 1)

is still in the game, but they also added

Butcher Pete (Part 2)

this time around.

Man, this wait to play is figuratively KILLING me and maybe even literally as well.

Yes to both. Hearing the following two songs were huge markout moments for me:

Danny fucking Kaye and the Andrew Sisters: Civilization. The best Fallout song imo.

The other one was The End of the World by Skeeter Davis. I used to listen to the Top 100 Billboard hits for pretty much every year I could find 'em going back to the late '50s. This was one of my favourites that I wasn't already familiar with and it was so well suited for Fallout.

Guys, the base building portion of the game is a game all in itself. Shares some similarities with Fallout Shelter, needing power, food, water, and defense. Some of it's a bit clunky but it's pretty damn neat.

• Like 2

Took the day off of work and got to play a bunch.  So far I'm getting my ass kicked, badly.  I need to remember that this isn't Falllout 3, that I don't have a maxed out character, or the Terrible Shotgun, or the completely overpowered FO3 Grim Reaper's Sprint.  I keep wandering into huge crowds of feral ghouls and raiders at level 6  and getting my ass shot off while mumbling "mur mur mur pistol".    I badly need some decent guns.

Also, I was expecting to have to deal with a fucking 

deathclaw

at level 2.

So far, the only real negative is that I can't give my character purple hair.

• Like 2

How the fudge do you use criticall hits? I've been playing for hours and haven't been able to do one. The bar is full but I don't see an option to do it. I read it's square on Ps4 but that isn't working. One issue I have is just how little info on game mechanics they give us.

Also hard difficulty is no joke.

Edit: derp... hit square after you initiate the VATS attack. Just did a snapmare followed by snapping a raider's neck.

I don't think I'm gonna have a problem gathering people for the multi-player.

Turned on my Xbox and 5 people were playing. And none of them were the ones I already where getting the game.

So, thoughts after about 6 hours. Calling it early tonight due to lack of sleep.

I've kinda fooled around with a bit of everything (weapon crafting, building new settlements, exploring, main quests) and having a grand time.

Up to level 6 now. My perks so far are Sneak, Scrounger, Rifleman, and the Hacking/Lockpick ones every one is going to take as fast as possible. Next on my hit list is gonna be Gun Nut and Science!, for sure. Enjoy the perk setup instead of the skill stuff.

Enemy AI has been very challenging.

Good god I had a run in with an enemy today that was significantly more terrifying then I expected. Won't go into spoilers, but everything in this game can seemingly be scary as shit

Awkward radio host ftw.

So, thoughts after about 6 hours. Calling it early tonight due to lack of sleep.

I've kinda fooled around with a bit of everything (weapon crafting, building new settlements, exploring, main quests) and having a grand time.

Up to level 6 now. My perks so far are Sneak, Scrounger, Rifleman, and the Hacking/Lockpick ones every one is going to take as fast as possible. Next on my hit list is gonna be Gun Nut and Science!, for sure. Enjoy the perk setup instead of the skill stuff.

Good god I had a run in with an enemy today that was significantly more terrifying then I expected. Won't go into spoilers, but everything in this game can seemingly be scary as shit

Awkward radio host ftw.

Was it

the deathblow outside the Museum of Freedom?

cuz that one scared the shit outta me

That settlement sub section is going to take up a lot of my time... with never ending improvement quests...

Shame I cant play this in full player - system bugs out and chops between desktop and game...windowed it is.

Its fallout 3 turned up to 110%. and its beautiful.

Awkward radio host ftw.

Was it

the deathblow outside the Museum of Freedom?

cuz that one scared the shit outta me

That one caught me off guard as well, but it is not the one I'm talking about.

I wonder what at what level this game stops being terrifyingly dificult when you turn the wrong corner?  The inner city(why does that feel wrong, when I know it's right) parts where you can't really see what is coming around the next corner are tense as shit.  I went around a corner and a Sentrybot with a skull next to it's name was standing there like a bouncer at the back door of that club you thought you could sneak into.  I tried to run for my life, but it turns out that bullets are really hard to outrun. 

I played a bit last night and still haven't entered

Concord

yet, but it feels like everything moves so fast so far in this game. I already

got a Vault 111 spot, survived the blasts in 2077, had my child kidnapped and wife murdered, got unthawed in 2277, talked to my robot housekeeper and immediately became acclimated to being two hundred years in the future, modded some weapons, and found my trusty Dogmeat

Like damn, they weren't playing around with moving quickly to get me right to bashing things in the face with batons.