DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

I love that feeling playing a game where you start thinking "I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this."

I'm not ready to take on a super mega legendary mutated mirelurk just yet, but a battle plan is forming in my mind.

Is there anything I can choose to make my AP fill up faster?

I love that feeling playing a game where you start thinking "I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this."

I'm not ready to take on a super mega legendary mutated mirelurk just yet, but a battle plan is forming in my mind.

Is there anything I can choose to make my AP fill up faster?

I think if you pump points into your Agility SPECIAL, that will make your AP fill up faster.

So I got the mission to help stop Raiders from attacking Sanctuary. Go clear them out and go to turn it in and... turns out the guy who gave me the quest got kidnapped

The best part is that when I found him - the game had me turn in the quest first before releasing him.

So I got the mission to help stop Raiders from attacking Sanctuary. Go clear them out and go to turn it in and... turns out the guy who gave me the quest got kidnapped

The best part is that when I found him - the game had me turn in the quest first before releasing him.

I got one of those kidnapping quests and it turns out the guy who gave it to me was one of my supply line guys. I had to chase that fucking guy almost all the way from Sanctuary to Hangman's Alley.

I do wonder if they do anything for other holidays - my in game date is Feb 16 so I got a ways to go

I haven't gotten to Christmas yet, but they definitely put the Hallowe'en decorations out on the 31st of October.

...February? Doesn't the game start in October?

Ya know - for a place marked "Cleared" on my map - Ironworks was sure filled with a lot of fucking Forged when I went back to get some stuff

I still haven't figured out how long the Cleared places actually stay cleared.

Assaultrons suck.  Had to resort to using a Fat Man and three Mini Nukes to do Cait's quest.

Had that same problem during that mission a few days ago. I had t use a couple of stealth boys, a legendary gauss rifle, and a legendary explosive machine gun to survive that.

I do wonder if they do anything for other holidays - my in game date is Feb 16 so I got a ways to go

I haven't gotten to Christmas yet, but they definitely put the Hallowe'en decorations out on the 31st of October.

...February? Doesn't the game start in October?

Fast travelling and waiting help the days go by.

Ya know - for a place marked "Cleared" on my map - Ironworks was sure filled with a lot of fucking Forged when I went back to get some stuff

Assaultrons suck.  Had to resort to using a Fat Man and three Mini Nukes to do Cait's quest.

Had that same problem during that mission a few days ago. I had t use a couple of stealth boys, a legendary gauss rifle, and a legendary explosive machine gun to survive that.

I've always found that a shotgun to the face is the best way to deal with Assaultrons. Make sure you have a bunch of action points, go into VATS, get close and then just blast them in the face a couple of times. You gotta be quick though b/c otherwise they'll hit you with the red beam of death.

I've always found that a shotgun to the face is the best way to deal with Assaultrons.

It's my solution to most problems in the Fallout universe.

I'm getting a bunch of invasions lately. Friggin' raiders usually come toting missile launchers as well. It's not so much a problem for me, but I hate to see my settlers getting ganked.

One of my random fast travels back to Sanctuary had the settlement being attacked by a Deathclaw. They had it 4/5 taken care of though, so one shot at its tail put it down. Afterwards one of the settlers thanked me for taking care of raiders.

I broke the game on the PS4...

I always get to a point with games like this or GTA where I enter "fuck around" mode. This time it featured me trying to overdose from all of the drugs I've been carrying around, but have never taken. Well, that didn't work.

I reloaded my save and then I had the bright idea to load myself up with a ton of Psycho, Buffout, and any other drug that gives you damage resistance. I took a shit load of it. Like 20 to 30 or more of each. Then I consumed a bunch of alcohol and finally took a Jet. Oh, before I did all that, I dumped about 15 to 20 landmines and bottle cap mines at my feet, so I'm standing on 30 to 40 armed explosives. I take out my gun, aim, and fire. 

I did not live.

However, when I blew myself up, the screen turned black with everything getting neon edges and outlines. As I'm dead and launching through the air, the game quickly re-loads my most recent save like it usually does when you die. Except, that's not what happened. After the brief loading screen, it showed me continuing my ascent, already dead. The game looked like it was re-loading my save again, and again, it didn't load a save, it just showed me flying through different parts of the game world.

I felt like I was in the end of the movie Interstellar.

Now, when I blew myself up, I had my radio on, which had the Silver Shroud playing. Every time my save would "re-load," the same audio clip kept playing, but with me flying through or into different parts of the game world, outlined in neon colors. I was able to pause the game while dying before my save would re-load, but my last 3 or 4 game saves all were overwritten with me dying. I finally found a save to go back to before I pulled the trigger, laid out any mines or took any drugs.

• Like 1

I've always found that a shotgun to the face is the best way to deal with Assaultrons. Make sure you have a bunch of action points, go into VATS, get close and then just blast them in the face a couple of times. You gotta be quick though b/c otherwise they'll hit you with the red beam of death.

Assaultrons are bad enough.  The stealth assaultrons that can't be targeted in VATS are what keep driving me crazy.  The shotgun to the face still works nicely though.

I finally joined the Railroad

Deacon might be an easier companion for me to curry favor with than Piper

Unless you're evil you shouldn't have any trouble with Piper. Just pick locks. She and Cait will love you for it.

I finally joined the Railroad

Deacon might be an easier companion for me to curry favor with than Piper

Unless you're evil you shouldn't have any trouble with Piper. Just pick locks. She and Cait will love you for it.

Piper idolized me about 3 hours into the game.

Deacon likes lockpicking AND Hacking (along with the being nice) thus why he will be even easier.

Heck we already had our first "conversation" during our first trip into the Wasteland together

I was about to ask if there were any companions who were just into kicking the shit out of people and didn't care so much about being nice for when I roll a more chaotic character, but then I stumbled upon saving Rex and Strong from Trinity Tower. So is Strong the ass kicking buddy I'm looking for? I like Piper and all, but I can't be sarcastic with other people when she's around and she's terrible in combat.

I was about to ask if there were any companions who were just into kicking the shit out of people and didn't care so much about being nice for when I roll a more chaotic character, but then I stumbled upon saving Rex and Strong from Trinity Tower. So is Strong the ass kicking buddy I'm looking for? I like Piper and all, but I can't be sarcastic with other people when she's around and she's terrible in combat.

While fighting a stealth Courser, Piper cornered him and pistol whipped him while I shot him from a distance.

PIPER BITCHES!