DVDVR Message Board

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm (11/14/2015) - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Etihad Stadium)

Elsalvajeloco

Edmund's shitty gameplan was a major reason.

Traveling in straight lines against a person whose offense requires you to walk in straight at her. One of the all-time worst gameplans in the history of MMA.

• Like 3

Man. Rousey fought the exact wrong fight and Holm fought the exact right one.

I had a feeling Holm was gonna win. Should have laid down money.

Seriously though. It felt like Rousey bought her own hype. She'd always been overmatched against fighters like Holm and fought defensively/set traps to get through that. Here she chased Holm everywhere, lost her cool, and got suckered repeatedly as every hole in her game was found, exploited, and punished. The one near-win she got was when she moved on the defensive and took Holm down and NEARLY got the armbar. But she learned nothing from that, went back on the offense, and got absolutely fucking stomped. Didn't feel like she COULDN'T beat Holm and hilariously the Rousey that won the Strikeforce Title might have had a better shot. But all the ten second defences made her buy her hype, she fought the exact wrong fight, and Holly Holm was the right opponent to finally punish her for it.

Great fight, can't wait to see what happens for Holm and Rousey next. TBH I expect Holm-Tate before Holm-Rousey II but we'll see.

Man. Rousey fought the exact wrong fight and Holm fought the exact right one.

I had a feeling Holm was gonna win. Should have laid down money.

Seriously though. It felt like Rousey bought her own hype. She'd always been overmatched against fighters like Holm and fought defensively/set traps to get through that. Here she chased Holm everywhere, lost her cool, and got suckered repeatedly as every hole in her game was found, exploited, and punished. The one near-win she got was when she moved on the defensive and took Holm down and NEARLY got the armbar. But she learned nothing from that, went back on the offense, and got absolutely fucking stomped. Didn't feel like she COULDN'T beat Holm and hilariously the Rousey that won the Strikeforce Title might have had a better shot. But all the ten second defences made her buy her hype, she fought the exact wrong fight, and Holly Holm was the right opponent to finally punish her for it.

Great fight, can't wait to see what happens for Holm and Rousey next. TBH I expect Holm-Tate before Holm-Rousey II but we'll see.

Rousey fought the exact same fight those girls on AXS TV fought against Holm. Perhaps even worse since Holly didn't even need to warm up for two rounds.

• Like 1

I wonder if Ronda gives serious thought to switching camps. That was an all-time flop of a gameplan and the speech in-between rounds was so harmful to Ronda that I can't believe a paid professional was saying that shit.

As for Holm, I was just amazed by her confidence. The gameplan/footwork/counters were all incredibly impressive but in the biggest fight in women's combat sport history, she looked comfortable whereas she looked heck of nervous and tentative in her previous two UFC bouts against jabrones. 

Edited by Oyaji

Ran out of likes but I hope a story comes out in the next few hours and either Rousey or Rousey's mom fighting Edmund in the locker room.

Dr. De Mars is in the states. Gonna say she is not a happy camper right now.

• Like 1

If they were smart they would milk it a bit, not set up a rematch ASAP. Either Rousey will be angry and want a rematch immediately, or she'll take the time as not being champ and take the break she talked about. In the meantime Holm can go against Tate, she shouldn't need a big wait since I am not sure if Rousey hurt her at all.

I wonder if Ronda gives serious thought to switching camps. That was an all-time flop of a gameplan and the speech in-between rounds was so harmful to Ronda that I can't believe a paid professional was saying that shit.

Judging by Edmond's current financial state, the term "paid professional" can be a bit of contention.

• Like 2