DVDVR Message Board

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm (11/14/2015) - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Etihad Stadium)

Elsalvajeloco

A good gate for a Las Vegas PPV seems to be like $3-5 million.  I think Anderson vs. Diaz in Vegas did a $4.5 million gate.  Obviously ticket prices a lot higher, and it's Las Vegas.  I don't think I ever actually purchased a single ticket for a UFC event in Vegas I attended.  Whenever I checked, tickets were so expensive.

Real gutty performance and win by Daniel Kelly. I expected Montgomery to just beat him down over 3 rounds. He wasn't urgent enough to escape the clinches of Kelly. He clearly lost round 1. Montgomery rallied in round 2 only to get dominated in the grappling department in round 3. This is why a jab is so vital against grapplers. Even though Kelly is old and not as athletic, he controlled the distance throughout the fight when it mattered. He slowed down the action and got it back into the clinch everytime Montgomery hurt him with a right hand. The better fight IQ won out. Simple as that.

I mostly scanned through the prelims but holy shit there were some gnarly lookin' finishes. Sobotta probably had a cracked rib, that was a really worrying response. I'm pretty sure if Arreola kept fighting, that thing on his head would start telling him to start the reactor. Fuuuuuuu

• Like 2