DVDVR Message Board

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm (11/14/2015) - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Etihad Stadium)

Elsalvajeloco

I would go to the rematch right away. I think if you risk one of them losing their next fight it takes a little bit out of their rematch.

Ronda is suppose to be doing that movie with Mark Wahlberg in Indonesia, IIRC.

That may be off because everything just got knocked off the chess board. Pieces just flew every-fucking-where. Who knows what's next other than that rematch?

The Ronda Rousey Era is over.

I don't know about everyone else, but this is truly why I love this sport so much.  No matter all the debates, analysis and bullshit, anything can happen in a fight.  It doesn't truly matter how overmatched someone is on paper.

• Like 2

It is like the old saying goes everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth.   Rousey has never been hit like that in the 1st round.   Meisha gave her a few shots in the 2nd fight but nothing really hurtful.    Clearly when that 2nd take down failed she was completed clueless on what to do next and was just hoping for that one mistake.

The thing that really shocked me was that Rousey was completely blown up about half way into the 1st round.  Maybe she was dizzy from the shots.   Also for all the talk about how good she is getting at stand up, she is still minor league level against a true striker.  

Now the real test of Rousey starts now.  After Tyson lost to Douglas he was a shell of his former self because his aura was everything to him.  Mostly because of outside situations.   If Rousey is the greatest lets see how she handles adversity

So does anyone know who Rashard Evans is picking in the Super Bowl this year.   :huh:

As for Ronda Rousey, I hope she doesn't leave the sport for good because of this.

As for UFC, I hope they are ready to push girls who aren't Ronda Rousey.

Given who was in the co-main event, I don't think that is the problem exactly.

• Like 1

Since I mostly watch wrestling and not UFC I was just relieved Bray Wyatt didn't interrupt the ending and cut a promo to send us home while Rhonda limped away with the belt...and heeeeeeey...real fights have this really cool thing it turns out where someone who fights the best often wins!

• Like 1

Greg Savage @TheSavageTruth 13s13 seconds ago

Official attendance per UFC executives is 56,214 for #ufc193

"I heard every tendon in my body snap when I lifted Rhonda over my head in front of 320,000 screaming fans at the Sydney Opera House!"

- Holly Holm's autobiography in 2036.

"Well, I mean, what do you expect?"

- 93-year-old Dave Meltzer reviewing Holly Holm's autobiography

• Like 2