DVDVR Message Board

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm (11/14/2015) - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Etihad Stadium)

Elsalvajeloco

John MorganVerified account @MMAjunkieJohn 18m18 minutes ago

Spoke with someone on stage during face-offs today, who said Joanna told Letourneau, “This will be your last fight, bitch.” It’s on.

Apparently, Jedrzejczyk is Polish for "Lady High Executioner".

• Like 2

Holm will tap in the 1st round. Just watching her other fights, and now way she's improved enough to do nearly anything to Ronda. I like JJ, but that's a squash too. Really just interested in the Hunt fight. 

Joanna started her staredown as she was taking off her shoes. Everyone else got to step up their game.

Holm will tap in the 1st round. Just watching her other fights, and now way she's improved enough to do nearly anything to Ronda. I like JJ, but that's a squash too. Really just interested in the Hunt fight. 

The thing is Pezao vs. Hunt could end quicker than the two fights on top. Joanna is probably going to systematically destroy Letourneau. Holm might go some time with Ronda because she might stay away early on.

Mark Hunt looks like he's in the best shape of his career.  Hope that pays off this weekend.

Well that was an interesting dust-up between Rousey and Holm.  I am sure that will cause some more money to be thrown the way of Holm and for some underdog parlays this weekend.

I am going to assume that all of that stuff with Rousey was just a gimmick to get interest in a fight.   Unless something just came up no one has heard before.  She could also be trying to scare the shit out of Holm but given her past fights, she doesn't need Rousey to be nervous in fights

Or Ronda is just crazy 

I am going to assume that all of that stuff with Rousey was just a gimmick to get interest in a fight.   Unless something just came up no one has heard before.  She could also be trying to scare the shit out of Holm but given her past fights, she doesn't need Rousey to be nervous in fights

Or Ronda is just crazy 

All of the above.

Plus, Holm did kinda punch her.

CTufu4IUwAAFb5r.jpg

• Like 1

So I'm watching the Embedded's on telly, and in Edmond Taverdyan's gym, there's a big 'Nothing is Impossible' mural with two Boxers on it. One is clearly meant to look like Muhammed Ali, but who's the other? Can't place him at all.

So I'm watching the Embedded's on telly, and in Edmond Taverdyan's gym, there's a big 'Nothing is Impossible' mural with two Boxers on it. One is clearly meant to look like Muhammed Ali, but who's the other? Can't place him at all.

The other person is Edmond.

• Like 1

Edmond holding a title belt? Even though boxrec doesn't acknowledge his existence, let alone say he's won any titles?

I think Ronda's Mum might be on to something.

• Like 1

Edmond holding a title belt? Even though boxrec doesn't acknowledge his existence, let alone say he's won any titles?

I think Ronda's Mum might be on to something.

I think those are kickboxing or muay thai titles. I don't know any boxing belts in the 21st century that look like that other than the Lonsdale and RING magazine belts. Plus, there is Thai writing all over the front of his trunks.

They are plenty of kickboxing converts who ended up fighting in boxing or training boxers. As far as I know, that is what Edmond's background is mostly in and not specifically boxing. A lot of the Armenians/Team Hayastan fighters (like Vic Darchinyan who was based in Australia for most of his career) who moved to Southern California had their training taken over by Edmond once he became a full time trainer. So he ended up training fighters in MMA, kickboxing, and boxing.

The one he is wearing in the mural has the colors of Armenia on the strap. The real life picture it is based on has blue, red, and white.

oglzc0.jpg

The ref assignments for the top 3 fights are: Herb Dean (Rousey-Holm), Steve Perceval (JJ-Letourneau), and John Sharp (Pezao-Hunt II)

The gate is at $6.77 million USD (9.5.million AUD), the record for the stadium.