DVDVR Message Board

A PWG THREAD

RIPPA

Bucks vs. SPPT could've been some MOTYC stuff. Instead we get Joey Janela wrestling in non-garbage matches. Huge downgrade and surprising since Excalibur called (slip of the tongue) Joey a stunt wrestler in Excal's show on Highspots. That was so very, very awkward.

Chuck Taylor vs. ZSJ II is my favourite North American match of the year. Fucking awesome drama and layered storytelling. The show as a whole was a real return to form for the company, with really fun matches throughout barring the surprisingly disappointing Machines/Bucks match. Excalibur said it was 110 Fahrenheit in the building, so I get why some of the guys looked sluggish at times. Good God. Awesome show despite that! The emotion on display during the main event is an example of why I watch wrestling. Fans slowly started to really buy into Chuck in the final third of the match, exactly as they would have wanted. The one attractive lady ringside with the Rollins two tone job was in tears and looked like she was having an out of body experience. 

I could watch Lio Rush and Keith Lee work each other forever. Adding in Trent? made it even more fun. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 1:08 PM, Oyaji said:

Chuck Taylor vs. ZSJ II is my favourite North American match of the year. Fucking awesome drama and layered storytelling. The show as a whole was a real return to form for the company, with really fun matches throughout barring the surprisingly disappointing Machines/Bucks match. Excalibur said it was 110 Fahrenheit in the building, so I get why some of the guys looked sluggish at times. Good God. Awesome show despite that! The emotion on display during the main event is an example of why I watch wrestling. Fans slowly started to really buy into Chuck in the final third of the match, exactly as they would have wanted. The one attractive lady ringside with the Rollins two tone job was in tears and looked like she was having an out of body experience. 

I could watch Lio Rush and Keith Lee work each other forever. Adding in Trent? made it even more fun. 

I just started watching this show and can't wait for the main.  I really enjoyed Chuck & ZSJ's first match.  Who would have thought Chuck Taylor would be the perfect opponent to rein in Sabre's goofy style and get an entertaining match out of him?

Rush vs Lee from the last show was pro wrestling 101.  Just the absolute perfect big man/little man match.  Everybody needs to see it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am deeply amused how Dave couldn't wait to roll out the "THIS MATCH WAS BETTER THAN ANYTHING ON TAKEOVER!!!!" line

Also rolling out the "THIS IS BETTER THAN THE G1" line which must be as painful to the gut as him apparently trying to catch a moonsault

although the idea of a show being so damn good even though the ring apparently broke is interesting

On 9/2/2017 at 3:33 PM, RIPPA said:

I am deeply amused how Dave couldn't wait to roll out the "THIS MATCH WAS BETTER THAN ANYTHING ON TAKEOVER!!!!" line

I love when he does that. It's just an easy way to poke the trolls who bother him on twitter all day. Good for Dave to give it back once in a while. :)

Dave has Lee/Dijak as possibly the Best North American match of the year (per the radio show)

He was debating between that and the Bate/Dunn Takeover match but was leaning towards BOLA because of the big man aspect of it (granted I am sure seeing it live factors in too)

48 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

I wonder if Dave saw the 2 Lee vs. Dijak matches from Evolve this year.  

He definitely saw the 3/31 one as he called it the best match of the show

Lee and Dijak had the best match on the 3/31 Evolve show, which included Galloway winning again over Lio Rush and Sabre Jr. beating Elgin in the main event. Lee won this one after Dijak kicked out of a moonsault and choke slam, but finished him with a power bomb. Riddle lost again, selling the idea his neck was injured by Galloway, and he passed out to a Koji clutch from Yehi.

WON 4/10/17

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Travis Banks announced he won't be at this weekend's shows as he is in the process of getting his Visa renewed and had his passport taken while that is being worked on

• 2 weeks later...

Riddle/Cobb vs Dijak/Keith Lee from BOLA Night 1 was tremendous. I have no idea how those guys do the things they do. As much as I get worn out on the PWG style sometimes, when it's big dudes tossing each other around and flying in ways that make no sense they have all my attention.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...