DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/5/15

victor

* Zeb Colter and Alberto Del Rio kick off SmackDown with a MexAmerica promo.

* WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio defeated Neville in a non-title match. After the match Del Rio continued to attack Neville until Jack Swagger made the save.

* The Usos defeated The Ascension.

* Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Braun Strowman and Erick Rowan defeated Sin Cara, Kalisto, Darren Young and Titus O’Neil in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match.

* Ryback defeated King Barrett.

* Natalya defeated Tamina Snuka.

* Kevin Owens defeated Dean Ambrose by DQ in the main event after selling a phantom low blow. After the match, Ambrose unloads on Owens but Owens retreats through the crowd. This concludes the tapings.

Sounds like a good show, espcially that Elimination match.

Don't get too excited - it was the expected sweep

The Wyatt Family won a Survivor Series match in four straight falls over The Prime Time Players & Lucha Dragons.  Young was counted out in the first fall.  Luke Harper pinned  Sin Cara to win the second fall.  Erick Rowan pinned Kalisto to win the third fall.  Bray Wyatt pinned Titus O'Neil when it was four-on-one.

The one good thing about Del Rio coming back is that Swagger has something to do now

The Wyatt Family won a Survivor Series match in four straight falls over The Prime Time Players & Lucha Dragons.  Young was counted out in the first fall.  Luke Harper pinned  Sin Cara to win the second fall.  Erick Rowan pinned Kalisto to win the third fall.  Bray Wyatt pinned Titus O'Neil when it was four-on-one.

The one good thing about Del Rio coming back is that Swagger has something to do now

What the fuck was the whole point of the Lucha Dragons video package and having them win against Sheamus and Barrett yesterday then?

I thought they're trying to build up the Lucha Dragons as a credible team again and just one day later they're getting squashed by the Wyatts.

This company...

• Like 1

What the fuck was the whole point of the Lucha Dragons video package and having them win against Sheamus and Barrett yesterday then?

I thought they're trying to build up the Lucha Dragons as a credible team again and just one day later they're getting squashed by the Wyatts.

This company...

In case you didn't know, Smackdown is booked by a random match generator.

How do you know they were squashed? Putting on a competitive match against the guys who are being built up again as the biggest monster heels, who just took out Kane and Taker, can mean something, too. Just because they didn't win doesn't mean they got squashed. Let's wait until the show airs until we know how "squashed" they were.

How do you know they were squashed? Putting on a competitive match against the guys who are being built up again as the biggest monster heels, who just took out Kane and Taker, can mean something, too. Just because they didn't win doesn't mean they got squashed. Let's wait until the show airs until we know how "squashed" they were.

But... but...

Every booking decision is as bad as it possibly can be, right? Get outta here with a measured approach!

I'm not even a big fan of the Lucha Dragons. I honestly don't care, if they're getting pushed or not.

I was just pointing out how stupid it is to one day present a team like "Hey, don't forget about this team. They're totally credible" and the very next day you have them lose this decisively.

And yes, an elimination match, where one team gets completely eliminated and the other team doesn't lose a single man, sounds like a squash to me.

This company...

In case you didn't know, Smackdown is booked by a random match generator.

Smackdown is actually booked like this:

300.jpg

Stupid phone not posting this

Re: Lucha Dragons

This was a skeleton crew due to most folks being injured or headed to the UK - so it's not like they had many choices.

And it is clear - fancy promo video aside - that the Usos are higher up the food chain than the Dragons

The sweep is puzzling. I understand people are hurt or doing the U.K. thing, but surely some thought would have gone into keeping guys like Truth, Ryder, Sandow, and...wait. Those are the only three wrestlers who are babyface that are doing absolutely squat. The other wrestlers doing absolutely squat are all heel (Fandango, Axel, etc.).

It's not puzzling. They're using it to set up a main event angle for their next PPV which is marketed on a match 25 years in the making. The need to build up a main event angle has always trumped everything else in WWE logic. They've constantly thrown mid-card title holders to the wolves in order to do so. They're building up their heels as a force to feed them to Taker and co.

Dragons and Millions are higher up the totem pole than say, Axel and Sandow, for example. You want to give the feeling that there was at least SOME competition for the Wyatts. 

I get the Ambrose/Owens match that I wanted after the forearm grinding, crossfacing and shit-talking in the Raw Survivor Series match so I'm not complaining about anything.

Yeah, if the Wyatts are going up against Bros of Destruction, I'm fine with them steam rolling Dragons and PTP. It seems like Titus, who maybe could match up with them, at least went out 4 on 1. If Reigns is having trouble with Brim Strawhat, then Kalisto and Sin Cara probably should be squashed.

Bray now has the ability to summon lightning and command fire. He and his goons should go through absolutely everyone and anyone until Undertaker and Kane et al. restore the natural balance of things.

Kalisto eating a pinfall does not alter the course of wrestling history in any way whatsoever. Who gives a crap about stuff like this?

The Wyatt Family won a Survivor Series match in four straight falls over The Prime Time Players & Lucha Dragons. Young was counted out in the first fall. Luke Harper pinned Sin Cara to win the second fall. Erick Rowan pinned Kalisto to win the third fall. Bray Wyatt pinned Titus O'Neil when it was four-on-one.

Giving Swagger something to do is not enough to justify Del Rio being back. Without playing the Mexican aristocrat; with the cars and Ricardo, there's no worth in Alberto being back. He's been back two weeks and it feels like he never left.

Maybe they're just testing Del Rio to see what his attitude is like?

Or they actually think this is good.

Not sure which is worse, to be honest.

Probably the latter but I am waiting for Vince to announce his support for Rubio with this angle being the first salvo.

SMACKDOWN REPORT 11/5/15

No Booker, no King, you couldn't count to 100 after that shitty double stomp. That was just piss poor. If this is how Del Rio's setting it up every time then he should just go back to AAA where I don't have to watch it. At least Neville squirmed and scrambled a little to make it look like he was trying to escape. Alberto and Swagger proceed to have the world's least tense staredown ever afterwards. Neville's 1000 MPH rana was pretty swanky at least.

Looks like Cody doesn't even want the stink of the Ascension on him unless absolutely necessary. They can pull off power moves admirably at least, it's just too bad their body frames belie their use (as well as that of their gimmick). Usos could have superkicked Jobbers of Doom a couple more times and I wouldn't mind.

Is Bray wearing horns when they walked in? Cool if so. The match was great despite it being a straight wash for the faces. Titus and Harper both worked their asses off and the Wyatts came off as super intimidating and powerful. I could watch the four of them whack out another group of guys every show honestly.

Ambrose: "Ya know, John Denver warned me about that guy." Weed references in Colorado on a PG show, thataboy Dean! I get the feeling his Rocky Mountain High came from a stolen can of air duster instead, though.

Well damn Barrett/Ryback was short, probably because the Survivor Series tag went so long. They were working on a really good hoss match before the (admittedly neat) headlock-reversal-into-Shellshock. I could go a good ten minutes with these guys going back and forth laying into each other. 

I like BAD being all-for-one, and Tamina hits the best superkick of the night. Of course the crowd chants for Sasha and we don't get her. Crappy finish that was at least a rollup, and partially saved by camera trickery -- couldn't Nattie at least get the knees up rather than the legs to make it look halfway decent? I've never liked someone coming for a dive off the top and getting a foot to the face anyway because it makes the diver move midway and looks totally unrealistic. 

Ha, they show the full replay of the Raw SS tag and THEN break the news about Rollins and the title. I thought they were gonna wait until Monday at this point. Something else that could have waited is the goddamn Shutterfly commercial with the Xmas song that makes me make a face like the old lady on the orthopedic commercial when the fat kid asks her for another grape soda. 

Owens: "I had lunch better than yours!" Alright Kevin, if you insist (and you're probably right). By the looks of this match these guys have a great feud in the making. Owens is able to counter Ambrose in ways that make him switch up his standard work; Ambrose busts out his Regal imitation in pulling apart the fingers; Owens turns a Uranage into a kinda White Noise which just looked sick. The fake foule had some guy in a Phillies jersey stand straight up yelling in the crowd with his arms out which was pretty funny. These guys have great chemistry and I can see a dozen different kinds of matches they could pull off. More please. 

Not a bad show at all to be honest. Main event was pretty good.

Ryback countering a sleeper with the Shell Shock was pretty damn cool.

I thought the elimination match was fine. The only reason to run one in the first place is to put the heel stable over, so... I thought it did the job pretty nicely.

Is Dean Ambrose basically the PG Rowdy Roddy Piper? That's sort of the vibe I have after a couple weeks back in the game.

• Like 1