DVDVR Message Board

Bellator 145: Vengeance (11/6/2015) - St. Louis, MO (Scottrade Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Think its time we got to see more featherweight title fights other than Straus/Curran, Straus/Pitbull, and Pitbull/Curran.  That round robin has run its course.  

Now that Lashley's won several fights in Bellator, just put him in a title fight already.

Minakov is still having a contract dispute. What's funny is they haven't mentioned him on a broadcast in several months. That's one thing left over from the Rebney era I don't get. I know negotiations are negotiations, but what's the point of having champions if no one knows who they are?

So strip Minakov of the title and just book Lashley in a title fight.  I mean that seems to go along with Bellator's current format.  Lashley is probably one of the more marketable guys they have, and he's winning fights now at least.  Sure, he's beating James Thompson types, but got to market every angle you can.  It's above him beating Wes Sims and losing to Chad Griggs in Strikeforce.

They really don't have anyone for Lashley to fight. They got rid of Volkov. Once you get past Lashley vs. Kongo (ewww) potentially for a heavyweight title, it is truly dire straits.

Plus, I don't know if you want to pin your hopes on someone who might not be around in the next 18-20 months time. If he loses again, he might retire and then you're back looking in the scrapheap again.