DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

My biggest take from this is being amazed at how many of the 2001 roster is still around and/or back.

Yeah Doing better than the 80s that's for sure.

Any time I watch an ECW or WCW show on the network, I can't help but take note of how many guys in each match are now dead.  It's disturbingly high.

My biggest take from this is being amazed at how many of the 2001 roster is still around and/or back.

Yeah Doing better than the 80s that's for sure.

Any time I watch an ECW or WCW show on the network, I can't help but take note of how many guys in each match are now dead.  It's disturbingly high.

The 2000s shows are at least better in that regard. 

I'm not really nervous about working the event but it's definitely a weird feeling knowing ISIS is at least aware that an event you're going to be at would be a potential target for them. All the employees did get an email saying security will be increased even though the threat isn't "credible"

I wonder if WWE will continue to play up Sami Zayn's Syrian ties.

Or they give him a storyline when he returns that most of the talent doesn't want to let him into WWE and thinks he should just be sent back to NXT where he came from.

• Like 1

Source: That hack Meltzer & his website.

The fuck?

I am assuming Bill was making a joke in regards to how all the TNA folks - specifically in this case Eric Young - are all "DAVE MELTZER IS THE WORST PERSON EVER!!! WE ARE STILL ON THE AIR!!! SEE WE DIDN'T GET CANCELLED!!! TNA! TNA!"

Basically been happening since Dave reported that DA was canning them

Though there are plenty of other workers who hate Meltzer for a variety of other reasons too

I wonder if WWE will continue to play up Sami Zayn's Syrian ties.

Or they give him a storyline when he returns that most of the talent doesn't want to let him into WWE and thinks he should just be sent back to NXT where he came from.

He'll get Muhammad Hassan's entrance music and gimmick upon returning. 

I do like how ISIS waited til Brock Lesnar is on hiatus before making threats on WWE. Not even jihadists want any part of suplex city.

On a serious note, i cant remember if someone else said it in this thread, but the Falcons play at home at 1 today. There's gonna be about 90,000 people in that general area. This is also a high-traffic weekend at the Aquarium and World of Coke, two attractions at Centennial Park, less than a mile from Phillips. It makes sense to see that as a potential target. I think we'll be ok. I'll be at the Turner complex doing work tonight, or I'd be at SS. We'll all try to stay safe.

I do like how ISIS waited til Brock Lesnar is on hiatus before making threats on WWE. Not even jihadists want any part of suplex city.

On a serious note, i cant remember if someone else said it in this thread, but the Falcons play at home at 1 today. There's gonna be about 90,000 people in that general area. This is also a high-traffic weekend at the Aquarium and World of Coke, two attractions at Centennial Park, less than a mile from Phillips. It makes sense to see that as a potential target. I think we'll be ok. I'll be at the Turner complex doing work tonight, or I'd be at SS. We'll all try to stay safe.

Wait, is this in the same place as the Olympic Park bombings back in 96?

Wait, is this in the same place as the Olympic Park bombings back in 96?

Yes.

What if Richard Jewel is the one behind ISIS because he's still pissed off about being falsely accused in '96?

Being dead for 8 years is the perfect way to stay out of the spotlight to plan a surprise attack.

• Like 8

What if Richard Jewel is the one behind ISIS because he's still pissed off about being falsely accused in '96?

Being dead for 8 years is the perfect way to stay out of the spotlight to plan a surprise attack.

Yeah, I've never had the pencil but I'm pretty sure that's not how you fantasy-book ISIS..

Oh....so the Illuminati has you believing that he's "dead?" The reptilians really have won...

• Like 2