DVDVR Message Board

EVOLVE Thread

RIPPA

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I haven't checked but I'm certain Dream's match in Joppa wasn't shown on WWNLive.

Neither of his matches, nor Adam Cole's WWE North American title defense against WALTER are up on WWNLive.

• 4 weeks later...

EVOLVE announced that they will crown the WWN Champ in a quasi 8 man tournament

4 matches - the winners go into a ladder match for the title

Wrestlers not announced yet

This will be at the Oct 28th show

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the Street Profits challenging for the tag titles, they also announced Mustafa Ali vs. DJZ and Mustafa Ali vs. Darby Allin, plus they announced Kassius Ohno for the December 15 and December 16 shows.

EVOLVE has announced that they are going to start showing ALL matches on the streaming service

So long story short - they can start showing the matches with WWE/NXT talent

• Like 3

Granted there are probably other teams not really doing much in the WWE or NXT that would be more interesting (Heavy Machinery vs Dickinson & Jaka would be awesome IMO) but people treating this like EVOLVE is getting two week leftovers with the Street Profits and I don't really see it.    Depends on how crazy the Profits want to go at a non NXT show

Seeing a bit of "I pay for Club WWN so I can see wrestlers who I don't see on the WWE Network" reaction about the title changes tonight.

Also, James Drake won the WWN title.

Which is ironic because if they ever decide to do that multiple tier thing on the WWE Network this will probably be one of the companies you will see as well

You think Ring of Honor will get off the boat and wonder what the fuck just happened.  I mean it sure does seem like the path to NXT doesn't go through them anymore.   Although that wasn't the case in terms of Punishment Martinez.  So who knows what is going on

Good for NXT and Evolve. NXT can get some guys matches in front of crowds similar to NXT and Evolve's roster was weak going into this. I definitely see Evolve as the double A brand. I think that's their best bet going forward.

I still think the WWN title and the Evolve title should be one thing. Too many titles.

WWE has too many people under contract. It’s kind of comical that they have so much high level talent in NXT that should be on the road with the main roster that they now have to have a second developmental brand to give more inexperienced talent a place to work.

I’m kind of dreading what happened tonight happening to PROGESS next.

• Thanks 1