DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

They've got a great chance of staying healthy because their stars tend to get 4th quarters off. It's not that freaky when contextualized.

It's even MORE freaky when you paint the full picture, in my mind.

The injuries they sustained over the last few seasons have actively helped the team.  If Bogut and Lee stay healthy, who knows how much Draymond improves over the last few years.  Not trying to short change Kerr, but it's almost like they stumbled into their identity.  If you go back even further, Curry's bad ankles saved them about 10 mil a year and allowed them to go out and get Iggy.  That Curry contract is the most ridiculous cheat code in sports and it's such an extreme stroke of luck.

Going forward, their biggest injury concern is Draymond Green.  I hope I'm wrong about this, because I drafted Draymond in just about all my fantasy leagues, but that dude is taking an absolute pounding every night trying to guard the 5.  If they stay focused on 73 wins instead of resting their guys, I think the injury bug bites him first.  

Curry is incomparable as a shooter and the best player in the league.  No one else his size has ever been the best in the league and part of the reason why is the physical pounding that takes place over an 82 game schedule.  It's already freaky.  If they survive this season without a major injury it will be flat out amazing.  

The list of teams who can challenge the Warriors in the Western Conference Playoffs hasn't changed.  It's still 3 teams long.

The Clipper's problems are really overblown.  They have 2 real problems: Doc River's shitty bench rotations and Chris Paul's groin. One of those things will get fixed and they will be one of the toughest outs in the West.

Spurs will carve out a better role for LMA as the season goes on and that is a scary thought.

The wildcard is still OKC.  Billy Donovan seems like Scotty Brooks with less control, which is obviously not a good thing.  On the other hand, if KD and Russ play the next 60 games together all the criticism fades away.  They still have a better 1-2 punch than anyone else.

As Lowe points out constantly: The Durant/Russ/Ibaka Thunder have never lost a playoff series when fully healthy. I know the Harden trade will be what's remembered years from now but they caught a bunch of rolled ankles and the like at the worst time imaginable for a lot of years in a row.

That GSW/Lakers game last night was everything I expected it to be and more. The Warriors were up 16 in the first quarter and could have had another 10 points to their total if they just didn't have a bunch of bunnies and the like roll out. I think a real, functioning NBA team could have actually given them a really good fight last night because it was the first time all season the rim wasn't going favorable for the Warriors.

Here's an article on what Steph and the Warriors training staff have done to help his ankles.  (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13019137/2015-nba-playoffs-how-stephen-curry-put-ankle-issues-him) They made him work on his core. The dude can do a form of a deadlift at 300 pounds. Only guy on the team who can do more is Festus who almost weighs that much. Curry's a fucking freak athlete.

Until somebody figures out this Warriors problem, nobody is legit. Everyone else is playing checkers.... they're playing chess.

Only team to really give them a scare was the Nets. Somehow I don't think they really have to worry about seeing them in the finals though.

Here is a great Jackie Mac article about KG the mentor.

.http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14172961/the-cruel-tutelage-kevin-garnett

I said it last year when that GIF was floating around of KG barking at Wiggins, but it's even more true now that Towns is there. The rest of the league should be terrified.

I was just telling my diehard Pistons fan grandmother the other day that the test of the NBA better beat these young pups now, because with KG, Professor Miller, and Tay mentoring those kids, it's scary.

Just think, in three years, Towns will be 22, Wiggins and Levine* will be 23, and if he's still there Rubio will sail only be 28.

*There still isn't any evidence he's any good, and if he does develop into a point guard, Rubio will likely be gone, but still.

Here is a great Jackie Mac article about KG the mentor.

.http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14172961/the-cruel-tutelage-kevin-garnett

I said it last year when that GIF was floating around of KG barking at Wiggins, but it's even more true now that Towns is there. The rest of the league should be terrified.

I was just telling my diehard Pistons fan grandmother the other day that the test of the NBA better beat these young pups now, because with KG, Professor Miller, and Tay mentoring those kids, it's scary.

Just think, in three years, Towns will be 22, Wiggins and Levine* will be 23, and if he's still there Rubio will sail only be 28.

*There still isn't any evidence he's any good, and if he does develop into a point guard, Rubio will likely be gone, but still.

Add Exum to that list, He'll only be 22 or 23, and presumably all the way back from his knee. . . . 

It's only 16 games but through those 16 games, Steph Curry has a win shares per 48 minutes of .358. To contextualize that, the all-time single season record for WS/48 is Kareem's '71-'72 season at .340. Jordan's best single season for WS/48 was .321 (1990-91 season). LeBron's best is .322 during the 2012-13 season.

In short, Curry is playing like the greatest of all time right now. I wonder how long he can keep this insanity going. 

RandomAct can't be feeling good tonight. Dallas played the Spurs tough on the road but Davd West hit a buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd and Kawhi hit a clutch three to give the Spurs some breathing room in the last minute. 

Jason Kidd and Derek Fisher are the type of dudes to ask you to invest in their new company knowing you live paycheck to paycheck.  Then, two weeks later, they'll text you a message about how the company & your investment went belly up while they instagram in their newly bought house and cars on the same day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EI45sMp9zY

• Like 2

I really wish the rumors of Kidd hiring Stackhouse  and Sheed as assistants had been true.  They would average 2 techs a game.

Jerryd Bayless reportedly got into a 'confrontation' with Cousins after the game so RIP Jerryd.

• Like 1

I don't even know what to say about the Rockets anymore. Apparently Harden showed up to camp 17 pounds overweight and has somehow become some fat cat that can rest on his laurels.

And Kardashian. Every male that gets trapped by those succubi gets their soul destroyed.