DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10/26/15

Dolfan in NYC

More good than bad this week. First hour was pretty wrestling-heavy and good. LOLed at Zeb just hand-waving the logic gaps in this pairing. Alberto looked motivated, but his match still bored me. He's definitely in 401K-building mode, and seems kinda like the modern day Shane Douglas - he seems like a bigger star on a smaller stage than a big one. 

The goal of the show was to clearly make Roman into "the man" again, and they still have a lot of work left to do. Wyatts beating up Kane amused me more than Bray's promo. Roman needed to have a good night and did. His work in both matches was strong, and the pop-up powerbomb counter was perfectly timed and something they can put in highlight reels for years.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/10/wwe-raw-10-26-15.html

Screens -

f9e8fe443272741.jpg 

Quite the tum tum on Braun.
5b1d8f443280073.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/djtwh3jwxftb4thz43aiqy1akd8yn3m0

Well, hopefully this means Roman will stay far the fuck away from the main event at Mania.

Because he hasn't proven he can have a great match, no sir.

Beisdes, he's under 50 and they got 100000 seats to fill. Attitude Era stars it is!

• Like 5

I think my favorite wrestling moment of the year may have been Kofi Kingston telling fans to "get them horns up" and the camera then cuts to Summer Rae feeding Tyler Breeze grapes. Such awesome wrestling goofball camp right there.

I didn't see the start of the show but when I did watch was really friggin' great. Every match tonight was really good. I thought the Bray promo and segment was some all-time great horror movie madman stuff. The Fatal Four-Way was one of the best matches of the year. I loved the Roman/Owens final showdown with the crowd eating it up. That felt like a "Hey, this is going to main event a PPV in two years or so" moment.

I wasn't paying attention constantly, but in-ring wise, that was a damn good episode.  Even Bray's meandering promo sounded good.  It's still stupid they're doing this now instead of during his initial feud, but his "I'm siphoning off the Undertaker's evil powers to make myself even stronger" schtick worked.  

Owens/Cesaro was criminally short but it and the rest of the matches were all good.  That main event was one of the best Raw matches in quite a while.  All four men worked really well with eachother and the last few minutes were incredibly hot.  Roman winning was a bit too obvious, but the match was still excellent.  Ziggler looked fucking king sized in there and I was actually hoping he'd win.  Even though Del Rio bores me as far as his personality and character go, he can bring it in the ring when he's in there with the right people and this combination of wrestlers was fresh enough to deliver a great match.

I guess having a feud in the divas division that doesn't hinge on one member of a group getting jealous or thinking the others are holding them back and then turning while acting all craaaaazy is too much to ask.  That being said, I'm looking forward to Paige vs Charlotte and Becky providing those matches can get a decent amount of time and latitude to wrestle how they want.

Well, hopefully this means Roman will stay far the fuck away from the main event at Mania.

Because he hasn't proven he can have a great match, no sir.

Beisdes, he's under 50 and they got 100000 seats to fill. Attitude Era stars it is!

Ah. shuppit.  I want Kevin Owens to be our cruel overlord and master from now until eternity. And am bitter he ate the fall.

That being said, this was a good Raw. 

• Like 2

Barely caught anything but I did think Brie did a good job playing up the crowd wanting Becky, and Becky did a good job on the apron playing into it, and then sort of died a heatless death once she actually got into the ring. For a crowd that seemed to want something, they weren't all that pleased once they got it.

• Like 2

That speech at the end may have been Rollins' best promo.  "The chance to be second best!" is exactly what he should say.  Roman's staredown of Rollins was pitch perfect.  The back turning was also neat.  Reigns takes Rollins seriously--but he's not scared of him.  And it plays mind games with Seth at just the right note.

That may have been the best Raw of 2015.

Awesome matches all night long. Everybody in the 4 way looked great. Alberto/Neville had some awesome spots as did Owens/Cesaro. Fun six man and enjoyed the divas tag a lot, thought the Bellas looked great and Charlotte/Becky both did good as well. Predictable outcome of the main event but great match regardless. Loved the Reigns/Owens showdown in the end with the big fight feel and an excellent finish. Hoping as always that Survivor Series doesn't have Ambrose turn but tonight's last seg with them was the most it's ever seemed like it so far.