DVDVR Message Board

I know I'm partly responsible but this thread has gone right off the rails.  IMHO, if I have the opportunity, I'm sure as hell taking wrestling advice from William Regal before taking it from Dolph Ziggler v0.1, General Hugh G. Rection or Zamfir Hellraiser.  And I'm going to go back and watch the episode again before I present my Dana Brooke counterpoint.

Weren't they having Patrick Clark take bumps and shit for the tryouts?  It seems that the guys in NXT who do have a lot of experience are just as valuable in assisting newcomers as they are in their roles on television.

Which is not coincidentally how every wrestling school I've ever seen did it. If the main trainer was still active, yeah he'd bump too sometimes, but they'd generally have assistants or more experienced students there to help out.

Yeah, I took judo in my early 20s and after about a month or two, it was essentially my job to teach breakfalls to any newbies.  It is one of those things that kind of helped both me and the instructers.  I needed to practice my breakfalls, and explaining it to others just reinforced everything I needed to focus on to get better.  I'm 34 years old, haven't done judo in over a decade and I'm not going to be doing any breakfalls any time soon, but I'm pretty sure I could teach someone how to breakfall like I did it yesterday.  Teaching is one of the best ways to learn.

I know I'm partly responsible but this thread has gone right off the rails. IMHO, if I have the opportunity, I'm sure as hell taking wrestling advice from William Regal before taking it from Dolph Ziggler v0.1, General Hugh G. Rection or Zamfir Hellraiser. And I'm going to go back and watch the episode again before I present my Dana Brooke counterpoint.

And Regal would tell you to take advice from Robbie Brookside, who never had more than a cup of coffee with either WCW or WWF, before taking advice from him.

• Like 1

Was it their choice, though? Stock brings some things to the table that Del Ray doesn't, IMO. I've never been a huge fan of hers in the ring but if they think enough of her work to make her a trainer, I don't see what about her they don't find worthy of being talent.

Those that can't do, teach. DeMott, Regal, Albert, Billy Gunn never were world champs in their eyes, yet they're entrusted with the future of the company.

For the record, this is what my comment was in reply to.  They can think someone is worthy of being a trainer without needing them as a talent.

• Like 1

I know I'm partly responsible but this thread has gone right off the rails. IMHO, if I have the opportunity, I'm sure as hell taking wrestling advice from William Regal before taking it from Dolph Ziggler v0.1, General Hugh G. Rection or Zamfir Hellraiser. And I'm going to go back and watch the episode again before I present my Dana Brooke counterpoint.

And Regal would tell you to take advice from Robbie Brookside, who never had more than a cup of coffee with either WCW or WWF, before taking advice from him.

I'd love to but he's too busy fucking around with ZZ's headgear.

Weren't they having Patrick Clark take bumps and shit for the tryouts? It seems that the guys in NXT who do have a lot of experience are just as valuable in assisting newcomers as they are in their roles on television.

Which is not coincidentally how every wrestling school I've ever seen did it. If the main trainer was still active, yeah he'd bump too sometimes, but they'd generally have assistants or more experienced students there to help out.

Yeah, I took judo in my early 20s and after about a month or two, it was essentially my job to teach breakfalls to any newbies. It is one of those things that kind of helped both me and the instructers. I needed to practice my breakfalls, and explaining it to others just reinforced everything I needed to focus on to get better. I'm 34 years old, haven't done judo in over a decade and I'm not going to be doing any breakfalls any time soon, but I'm pretty sure I could teach someone how to breakfall like I did it yesterday. Teaching is one of the best ways to learn.
Taking judo in college ruined watching wrestling for my roommate and i for a couple months, because all we could see was judo moves. (Oh, thats an o-goshi)

My heart hurt when Albert told them "If you don't know who he is, look him up" about Brookside.  Homeboy is he shit and 90% of them probably DID have to look him up.

Some of the girls on the main roster don't even know that it isn't a pin if your opponent is on their stomach.

My heart hurt when Albert told them "If you don't know who he is, look him up" about Brookside. Homeboy is he shit and 90% of them probably DID have to look him up.

Some of the girls on the main roster don't even know that it isn't a pin if your opponent is on their stomach.

Todays guest instructor: kamala

• Like 2

Weren't they having Patrick Clark take bumps and shit for the tryouts? It seems that the guys in NXT who do have a lot of experience are just as valuable in assisting newcomers as they are in their roles on television.

Yeah, I took judo in my early 20s and after about a month or two, it was essentially my job to teach breakfalls to any newbies. It is one of those things that kind of helped both me and the instructers. I needed to practice my breakfalls, and explaining it to others just reinforced everything I needed to focus on to get better. I'm 34 years old, haven't done judo in over a decade and I'm not going to be doing any breakfalls any time soon, but I'm pretty sure I could teach someone how to breakfall like I did it yesterday. Teaching is one of the best ways to learn.
Taking judo in college ruined watching wrestling for my roommate and i for a couple months, because all we could see was judo moves. (Oh, thats an o-goshi)

I can relate to that.  I spent a good few months wondering why people wouldn't just pin someone with a kesa gatame. 

I want WWE to sign Nakamura and send him to NXT.  That week's Observer would just be "The dogs are in the enclosed pool area" over and over.

It's funny because a guy murdered his family!

Bill Apter believes otherwise.

(About Benoit, I mean, not the joke.  Although he probably wouldn't think the joke was funny either.)

I want WWE to sign Nakamura and send him to NXT.  That week's Observer would just be "The dogs are in the enclosed pool area" over and over.

It's funny because a guy murdered his family!

Thank you for being apparently the only other person on the board disturbed by this kind of thing.

My heart hurt when Albert told them "If you don't know who he is, look him up" about Brookside. Homeboy is he shit and 90% of them probably DID have to look him up.

Todays guest instructor: kamala

Don't forget Cameron.