DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hell in a Cell 2015.

The Natural

Does this Kickoff show air anywhere except on the Network? Because taking a mid-match advert break to plug a network show seems a bit silly.

Cesaro got himself over alright.

I could watch Cesaro fuck guys up all day. Dude is just so fun. And over, too, no matter what they do to him. He's another guy who will rise above the addled mind of Vince McMahon and his awful booking committee. 

Del Rio being the challenger was disappointing. I like him well enough as a worker, but I don't care about him. Swank entrance music, though, and glad to see Zeb back. Del Rio badly needs someone to talk for him anyway. Kevin Dunn's production during this match was terrible by the way. The match was mediocre. At least it didn't have five hundred kickouts. The title is probably dead again though. They used this whole thing to ultimately get over Alberto Del Rio of all people...congrats, Vince. At least it wasn't Carlito. 

Rollins needs Zeb to talk for him more than ADR does. 

Roman/Bray needs blood like a motherfucker. Hope someone busts open an eyebrow. I think Reigns needed more urgency here in his opening salvo. Wyatt should be the methodical one, and Reigns should be more fired up since Wyatt has harassed his family. I don't think this match worked because Bray was the dude who got over working Reigns over with the kendo stick and hitting the uranage through the table as much as anything else, and Reigns finally got into second gear for a bit once he got the stick fragments before popping the crowd with more plundah, but this was too methodical for my tastes. Not enough rage or violence.

Also, a powerbomb through a table should always be insta-death, and I feel like Reigns trying to stab Wyatt in the eye with the stick fragment Magnum TA-style while Wyatt pours blood would have been more effective than the ending as it was even though I understand why it would never happen in 2015 WWE. I think maybe just not doing the stick fragments at all would have been better because it just doesn't come off very well without blood and that classic spot where one dude tries to gouge an eye with a wood sliver while the other tries to hold him back from it. 

"Caucasian Kamala" made it pretty much worth watching this show. New Day were kinda the faces for the crowd, and the Dudleys botching that double-team and getting booed for it was pretty funny. Thank goodness New Day won. They are a sturdy ship of goodness in the midst of a sea of mediocrity. 

If they're not going to use Sasha on PPV, they should leave her in NXT. Charlotte is usually a pretty good striker, but her punches looked awful. Forearms from both women looked good as usual, on the other hand. These last couple matches on PPV, Nikki has come off as really vicious and outside of Sasha is clearly the best female worker on the main roster by a fairly significant amount. I think that Nikki's long title reign comes off better if she's beating up Charlotte, Sasha, and Bayley every week, and I feel kinda bad for her that she had to work with people who just aren't in the same realm as those ladies. Even Charlotte, who is still an incomplete worker, is a much better bumper and seller than any of the ladies that Nikki worked pre-Divas Revolution.

Anyway, this match was solid mostly because Nikki was so nasty and worked really snug and Charlotte did a fine job of selling the beating. Charlotte should stop trying that high-end stuff that she can't do cleanly and just work brawls, which is where she excels. I felt like they worked a nastier and more urgent match than Bray and Roman in some ways.

Hyping Survivor Series based on the Undertaker debuting there twenty-five years ago says a lot about this company and its issues. 

Kane worked like he was fucking pissed and had some urgency right off the bat, too, which makes me wonder what the fuck the agent who put the Reigns match together was thinking. Rollins on offense as a heel wasn't any good, but these guys did put in a lot of effort, for what it's worth. Rollins got a huge pop initially, but the crowd just seemed burned out or disinterested for most of this match, noticeably enough that it took away from things. I could go on about Rollins doing things like frog splashes that everyone knows will get Eddie Guerrero chants even though he's a heel, but that's just how he chooses to wrestle. They should have turned him face by having the Authority dump him for Sheamus months ago. 

Ryback and Owens have a better match in them with five more minutes. They seem to work well together, but both this and NoC seemed rushed. The commentary, which was utter shite all night, missed Owens going back to the eye rake to set up the Pop-Up Powerbomb. Lawler was extremely shitty tonight, but JBL wasn't far behind. 

There was one lady who was REALLY about the Undertaker, damn. You could hear her over everyone for awhile there. It took Lesnar about two seconds to bleed as usual, which was good because this match wasn't doing much for me early on. I feel like these epic matches go to finisher kick-out jibber jabber way too early. I was watching Rock/Cena II and that felt like three minutes in, they went into the finisher kick out stuff. I felt that way about this match too. There was cool shit like Lesnar hammerfisting the shit out of 'Taker, but the match itself felt disjointed. The crowd liked it though, which is good. 

They've really killed things with the finisher kickouts though. They have to do twenty finishers and figure out ways to make them super by ripping up the mat or doing it through tables at ringside or whatever. Why even bother doing a regular finisher at this point, psychologically speaking? We all know the great wrestlers get amped up for big matches in this company. People should just go right to the F5s on exposed boards or top-rope Attitude Adjustments or whatever. 

I do, in the big view of things, like the idea that the combination of super-athlete Brock Lesnar and old age the eventual degeneration of his shambling zombie corpse did 'Taker in bit by bit, as 'Taker lost at WM, essentially got subbed at SS, and lost at HIAC, but the matches left me cold. The Wyatt Family thing is a great ideas except that Bray already lost to 'Taker at WM. Otherwise, Bray becoming the new Undertaker by Sister Abigailing him and inhaling his demonic essence at WM would be a great idea! 

Was a very good PPV, and the finale was PERFECT! You wanna get Bray over as a heel? That right there was how to do it.

So Bray's mission it to job to as many people and ruin as many PPV finishes as he can. 

1) Ruin PPV finish for some guy

2) Job to that guy two months later

3) Immediately ruin PPV finish for new guy that same night

4) Job to that guy a few months later

5)......forever....forever....forever...

• Like 10

Pre-show match was a great building block for Cesaro - he shined brightly and felt like he would be perfect to win the US Title here. Then ALBERTO RETURNED WHILE STILL AAA WORLD CHAMPION. He and Cena had an okay, but nothing memorable match. I dig the superkick being his finisher instead of the armbar, at least for this match - gives him another weapon to win with. Roman vs. Bray wasn't much, but it had a couple of video game-style highlights. Dudleys vs. New Day sucked and the champs retained. Charlotte vs. Nikki was largely sloppy, but got good-ish kinda towards the end. Team PCB are now just besties again. Seth vs. Kane was pretty bad, but at least Seth won. Ryback vs. Owens was worse than Henry vs. Owens from Raw, but again, at least the right guy won with Owens retaining. 

Taker vs. Brock was absolutely nuts. Each guy bled, Brock clearly bladed AND THREW THE DOCTOR. We got some exposed boards, a tombstone...near them because Taker isn't about to fuck his knees up anymore bumping on that and then a big F5 on the boards - so Brock wins this war. Taker's next war was built up with the Wyatts attacking him and...then no one helping Taker. They could've had the exact same scene of Taker being carried away, but with a slew of faces also being laid out - but no, Roman didn't help. Dean didn't help, and neither did Kane. Ending visual was at least cool though.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/10/wwe-hell-in-cell-2015.html

Screens - 

08a5b0443080259.jpg 

60010e443086350.jpg 

b4c8b4443086333.jpg 

1b4fe8443086384.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/m4h1ld15aatpbsvfwl1tfeswvi65456q

Well, that was a PPV.

So Wyatt loses to Reigns clean as a sheet, and suddenly he's going to eat Taker.  We're supposed to believe Wyatt poses a thread why?

Nice of the faces to actually do something facey and save Taker or something.

The main was really fun and crazy and I love that they kept, like, breaking all of Vince's rules and I almost feel like tearing the ring mats up was spur-of-the-moment.  But is was also really weird.  The whole storyline had been that Taker knew he couldn't beat Brock and cheated and would continue to cheat because he had seen the limits of his ability overtaken and Brock was too strong.  And that Brock was unafraid and also knew he would win a straight-up match.

And then they have them come out and wrestle like Taker is clearly the stronger man and Brock knows it from the start and has to heel the whole match.

I mean, they got the crowd going the way they wanted to but it's not in line with the story.

I'll say this, they established that Reigns and Ambrose were out of the building. If anything, this leads to a Survivor Series match. Or maybe the Wyatts try to return Taker to his darkest forms and his original cause. I think there is a lot more to do with "Wyatts abduct Taker" then "Taker walks off and fuck all happens."

• Like 1

The Wyatts should've interfered on behalf of Taker in the Cell and taken out Lesnar. One last run for an evil Undertaker as mentor of Bray and the Wyatts, the roster banding together to fight them, one final Taker/Lesnar blowout at Mania and finally Bray turning on Taker and getting the torch passed to him would've made a fun story arch.

• Like 2

Please don't add Kane to this feud please

A.) It's not a Feud. It's a Celebratory Survivor Series match to mark Taker's 25th year. Very likely one and done. Maybe with a singles match blow off in December, but probably not.

B.) As such, Kane is the #1 person who makes sense and is appropriate. 

• Like 1

Lesnar/Taker is the first thing I've tuned into all year.

I dug the mat ripping thing just because it's weird, and different. And generally the match is what you want here, just bomb throwing. Nobody wants to see these guys waste time fucking around with holds.

Didn't blow my mind but it was pretty good.

I am not in the loop enough to have an opinion about the post match angle.

Roman didn't help because he was out celebrating with Ambrose, as he said he'd be doing in his segment earlier.

Dean talked him into leaving.  Just saying.  It's all part of Bray Wyatt's long-term plan to bore all his enemies to death.

But don't worry, guys, we have some great Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus matches coming!!!!!