DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL NXT DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Okay - maybe no one needs it but I am going to start making threads for each set of tapings (basically grouping three shows in one thread)

A.) I am not sure if there is anyone who doesn't want NXT results spoiled but we do a really bad job of not openly discussing the spoilers.

B.) For the folks who are always behind on NXT (like myself) - it will be easier to comment on a show without it being buried.

So those will be very similar to how the TNA threads worked. I will move over the posts from the Q4 to start the newest tapings results.

This thread will be for more the general discussion type things (guys getting signed, guys getting called up, random house show type things, I guess how Eva Marie is the anti-Christ)

So those taping threads are pure spoiler threads now?  Cause I just looked at the first few posts and they had all sorts of spoilers for the next shows.  And here we talk about how much we hate Nia Jax's outfit?

Treat them like the Smackdown threads (or for the 4 people who watched the shows - the TNA show threads).

Nia Jax's outfit can go in here since it clearly isn't going away

Maybe I'm being dense but where would someone discuss future latest episodes if they don't want spoilers?

If you mean - rampant speculation posts then that would go in here.

But you will immediately get 6 "well you are wrong based on the upcoming tapings" posts

In general - this is the thread you want to stay in if you dont want spoilers

Oh and obviously - this thread for now will also serve for discussion of past shows - including the one that aired this week

That theme song sounds like it was taken from an episode of Sons of Anarchy. Looking at his logo makes me think there's a definite SOA influence.

NXT is the one show I DON'T want spoiled, and I'll be goddamned if everyone I know on social media goes out of their way to not even be subtle about posting them.  My revenge will be to open post Walking Dead spoilers or some shit, then beat the living hell out of anyone who complains.

NXT is the one show I DON'T want spoiled, and I'll be goddamned if everyone I know on social media goes out of their way to not even be subtle about posting them.  My revenge will be to open post Walking Dead spoilers or some shit, then beat the living hell out of anyone who complains.

Oh man come on dude. People who watch Walking Dead religiously already have it pretty tough in life :P

• Like 3

Don't outlaws usually have beards?

MTE5NTU2MzE2MjU3ODc5NTYz.jpg

Well I meant more in 2015. 

I'm just saying it's pretty bush-league. I'm almost not sure he really fits in on NXT. One of his biggest problems is that too many of his signature manoeuvres are also signature offence of other mainstay WWE guys. He's likely going to have to reinvent himself if he wants to have a good run in NXT, more than Joe (who just needed to be motivated, which he is) or Rhyno (who is really a JTTS anyway, though a good one).

Asuka has so much physical charisma that she really does not need a mic to cut a promo. She is the crazy woman that Vince and Main Roster creative keep rehashing, but she gets it down by being intimidating and scary as well without it being sexist and demeaning.

tumblr_nwlkvisuQ21u1ljrzo2_540.gif

tumblr_nwlkvisuQ21u1ljrzo1_540.gif

She is not unhinged like AJ and Alicia portray. She is just sadistic and I love it. She has that "I'm chill, but I am low key sadistic" smile. I remember watching Kana's work before, but I never realized that she had this much physical charisma. If she goes to the main roster(all accounts say that Samoa Joe and Asuka will stay in NXT), I want to see if Vince and company will let her continue without shoving a mic in her hand unnecessarily ala Roman Reigns.

• Like 1

Asuka just exudes coolness. Seems like a can't-miss star, to be honest, even on RAW. She's got that superstar factor to the point that she will rise above the shitty booking and portrayal of the women when she gets there.  

On that note, one of the things about NXT is that right now, it feels like it's stacked with guys who are going to get over no matter what. IMO, Bálor, Crews, Asuka, Jordan, and Gable all feel like surefire stars to the point where I don't even think the badly uneven booking on RAW will keep them from eventually finding their way to the highest level they can reach.

It's just my sense, with how Crews in particular is a big part of the Breaking Ground promos and is getting a big push on NXT, that HHH/someone else in the company sees him as their eventual John Cena replacement. I could be wrong, but Crews comes off like a traditional superface to me, and they are showcasing him big time as well. 

Asuka insanely good at facial acting. She obviously has a huge language barrier against her, but she knows how to theatrically perform to communicate with everyone. She does that whole "Oh, you want to go THERE?" face down pat, on top of knowing the basics of looking around for babyface reactions. She also does this really nifty thing with her fingers when she's approaching a lock-up to signal to the crowd to keep cheering. She's exceptional at that part of wrestling and I can totally see why the WWE signed her. Those sorts of things are so important to their product (especially on the big shows) and she has that down so well already.

Just rewatching my NXT on the Network.  Has anybody ever sold during a single match like Sami Zayn sold for Kevin Owens at Takeover: Rival.  He bumped like a maniac and the crowd was completely into it, some were even tearing up at Zayn being completely decimated.  And the ref stoppage confused the hell out of people, but I think it worked in the context of the story.

And also, the slow build of Sasha Banks to where she is now pretty much culminated in her 2 matches against Charlotte at NXT TakeOver: R Evolution and the next week on TV.  She had improved her pacing by this point, got her promos streamlined and basically was the fully formed BO$$ character by that point.

Asuka just exudes coolness. Seems like a can't-miss star, to be honest, even on RAW. She's got that superstar factor to the point that she will rise above the shitty booking and portrayal of the women when she gets there.  

Yeah, the idea that she is NXT-only is just completely nuts. Asuka is money in all sorts of ways.