DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact - World Title Series 10-7-15

LOVED the wacky Grado vs. Matt skit. Nothing really amazing match-wise, but Kong vs. Gail was one of their better modern-era matches.

http://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/tna-impact-results-1028-world-title-series-week-four-matt-hardy-drew-galloway-awesome-kong

Screens - 

V1-AAAHHHH
51a5c5443658453.jpg

ec0923443658467.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/1tjypz97h08aw1s7pwibmchfi51dr08t

Fun Wolves match tonight but not much else...Roode/Young was built solidly but ended up rather short. Really liked the Jeff Hardy sitdown interview, thought that was very well done. Good to see Madison Rayne get a victory, her full entrance, and an extended promo which was really good too.

I had to laugh at Madison ripping on the Divas Revolution, saying they did that for years.  Granted, there was a good first couple years, but at some point it just fell off a cliff.  Hard to call it a revolution if it didn't make an impact one bit.  The match itself was alright at best.  And I was rather annoyed that the Wolves just felt like fucking around since they're close tag partners.  Couldn't get into it because it was just trading MOVEZ!~ with no sense of urgency.  I'm fine with a spotfest, but if you have 15 minutes at some point there should be that sense of urgency.  By the time they tried that I mentally checked out.

On the positive side, I like what they're doing with Robbie E and Madison.  They're both going on about how they shouldn't be counted out, and are doing a fine job in the presentation.  If TNA turns around somehow (doubt it) I'd be fine with Robbie getting a meaningful push.

• Like 1

I had to laugh at Madison ripping on the Divas Revolution, saying they did that for years.  Granted, there was a good first couple years, but at some point it just fell off a cliff.  Hard to call it a revolution if it didn't make an impact one bit.  

She had a point though. The Knockouts division is not what it was initially but they still entertain and have had more highs than lows. Plus, they were the first attempt at a serious mainstream women's division, in God knows how long, and showed that the audience can get behind women wrestlers if they are capable and the storylines are compelling, when the WWE was still treating women like an afterthought. TNA has screwed up a lot but I definitely give them credit for the Knockouts. Having said that, this match was just in the ok realm. LOL It was definitely hurt by time and both women are capable of much better. 

The show started off strong with Madison Rayne being the NINJA QUEEN! That was about the peak of the show until Matt's awful interview. Dixie and EC3 meeting in her office, which included a WWE action figure of Kurt Angle was another highlight. Matt vs. Eddie Edwards was good, but EC3-Anderson was just 15 minutes of nothing after the chops early on.

Screens - 

The laughter. WILL. NOT. DIE!
e5949e446505766.jpg

Dixie's office includes a Kurt Angle WWE figure. I'm astonished there isn't a framed photo of Stephanie sending her a retweet.
db22f4446513798.jpg

She's a NINNNJAAAA QUEEEEN!

d5e2cc446494076.jpg 

e77284446494172.jpg 

51b331446497408.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8gouc8p38n5nnuvwvv2mgam3gtenkwht

• Like 1

Gail/Madison ruled, dug the finish there. Drake/Godderz was a decent heel/heel match, I think both have potential. They along with Robbie E have shined a little bit more during this. Matt/Edwards was good as was DJ Z/Mandrews for a short 5 min match. I liked Anderson/EC3 a lot, especially the finish even though Anderson blew off the low blow but EC3 still came off an excellent heel. Interesting that they said the semi finals will take place in India so there's a chance they do a different outcome to all of this. I've enjoyed the series a lot and look forward to how it ends up.

• 2 weeks later...

Good ending of the first part of the series. Lashley/Aries was good stuff. All 3 of Aries' matches were great throughout. Loved the closing montage of promos from the final 16, great hype making it all seem important. The way the brackets are setup does show a slight change from what was taped when it gets to the semi finals, which they were planning to redo in India so I guess they'll have to do something else there. Looking forward to the next round, looks like a lot of real solid matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week was kind of disappointing that they ran through all the round 1 matches in the round of 16 in a rush. Good to see this week all the matches got some time. They changed the brackets back to reflect what was originally taped, screwing up their bracket contest on the website since I guess they originally planned to make a slight change on the India taping that got canceled. Dug the finishing stretch in the EC3/Davey main event tonight. Two lower guys that I thought were impressive in this series were Eli Drake and Jessie Godderz, both had some real good heel promo work throughout. Overall it's been a pretty enjoyable couple months of just 'straightforward matches' shows

I normally make the mistake of watching this right after NXT.  So after a normally awesome show in NXT, I pretty much "hatewatch" TNA.  Decided to hold off seeing this week until today and what a difference.  Don't care for Sheera so just avoided that match.  But I noticed starting in Godderz/Hardy match how suprisingly good Josh and especially Elijah can be.  Compared to what we normally get with WWE this was great.  And really loved the main event, awesome last few minutes.  And again, I'll give Josh credit and say he brought the urgency in his calling.  Good stuff all-around.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...