DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/8/15

victor

* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day kick off SmackDown. They show a replay from RAW where Dolph Ziggler kicked John Cena. They cut promos on how they’ve dominated everyone. They knock Philly and the Eagles. Dolph Ziggler comes out to complain about missing his chance at the US Open Challenge. Ziggler wants a match against Big E tonight. Xavier Woods promises it will be fair. The Dudley Boyz come out to a big pop and stand with Ziggler.

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Big E is first. The Dudleyz, Woods and Kofi Kingston are at ringside. Lots of “we want tables” chants. Bubba Ray ends up attacking Kofi for trying to interfere. Devon pulls Woods off the apron but Big E gets the win by pinfall as Kofi held Ziggler’s foot down.

* They aired a replay of Paul Heyman, Big Show and Brock Lesnar from RAW, then the Rusev – Summer Rae proposal.

* WWE Divas Champion Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Natalya defeated Nikki Bella, Brie Bella and Alicia Fox.

* Ryback defeated Rusev with Summer Rae. WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens was on commentary.

* Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman cut a promo on Hell In a Cell and tonight’s tag team main event. Braun ends it with, “run little rabbits run.”

* King Barrett comes out for a promo but is interrupted by Neville. They have a match and Barrett wins with a Bullhammer.

* Stardust cuts a promo on Neville after the match.

* Randy Orton and Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman is next in the main event. Lots of RKO chants to start. Orton and Reigns win by DQ when Wyatt lays Reigns out with a weapon of some sort. The New Day comes out and beats Reigns down. The Dudley Boyz run down for the save and put Woods through a table to end the show.

Kind of a New Day heavy show.

The New Day comes out and beats Reigns down. The Dudley Boyz run down for the save and put Woods through a table to end the show.

Well, that's random.  I'm guessing someone backstage went "These guys are over no matter what they do, let's put them in every segment."

Good god, feels like Stardust and Neville have been feuding for 3 years

THAT's the one you're complaining about?!

How about the never-ending Barrett-Neville feud?  They've had an on-again/off-again feud going since mid-April!!

TRICEPS MEAT INCORPORATED~~~

Ru-Ru slaps Rae-Rae on the ass and then the Divas walk into the ring. Stay classy, WWE. Booker T: "All the Divas hate each other." Ugh. Then he bitches about millennials. I guess Vince decided to sit in on Smackdown. Decent match, some good hiptosses, Becky is a good FIP. Bellas need to stay heel because that's the only way they're useful. 

138 Kilos! Rusev/Ryback is a hoss match with actual limbwork which I was surprised to see. Of course Ryback blows off the selling to start hitting power moves. If he would have at least showed some sense of struggle with them it'd be a better match. 

"RUN RABBIT RUN" immediately reminded me of House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects. Good job on being thematic with the month. 

Wait, are they pushing Barrett again, after all this time? Or are they just bringing him out of mothballs because they want to put all the Euro/foreign guys together in some kinda big feud (besides Sheamus, who is Irish so he's special to Vince)? Either way they had a great match with the KO finish that is so seldom done unless Big Show's around. I could go with a long-ass match between these two. Stiffness vs. hippy-flippy works for me. Unfortunately Cody still needs something to do. I'd trust them to work out some solid midcard tags but it's best to wait and see.

Bro Stringerbell continues to not leave his feet and I love that. Orton is running on fumes and formula and I hate that. At least he has the courtesy to vanish for a good part of the match. If any feud they're working needs blood, it's Reigns and Wyatt, and I seriously hope they either get permission, go hardway, or just take business into their own hands. 

I'm not sure what's going on with this Paige/PCB/NBC storyline and I don't think the WWE does either. Solid in-ring work from all six ladies though, although Lawler had to ruin commentary with the return of his "all women hate each other" shtick. Ugh

I know I'm late to this, but got back from vacation a couple days ago.  Saw this Smackdown and it was an okay show.  New Day continue to be awesome, but I've been noticing they're really pushing the boundaries of PG lately.  There's Big E's hip swivel, and then there's Kofi and Xavier with the trombone ringside.  At one point they're side by side while he's doing a song, and the last notes send the trombone pointing up.  In that there's a side shot of the two and it looks like something happened with Kofi.

I wouldn't really bother mentioning this, but it sure seems odd to do this in a PG environment.

Alicia Fox seems like she would be a good opponent for Charlotte, the parts of the match where they interacted all looked the business and they gelled pretty well.  I've always thought Fox was under-rated in the DIva's division and needs a stand out run on her own. 

I know I'm late to this, but got back from vacation a couple days ago.  Saw this Smackdown and it was an okay show.  New Day continue to be awesome, but I've been noticing they're really pushing the boundaries of PG lately.  There's Big E's hip swivel, and then there's Kofi and Xavier with the trombone ringside.  At one point they're side by side while he's doing a song, and the last notes send the trombone pointing up.  In that there's a side shot of the two and it looks like something happened with Kofi.

I wouldn't really bother mentioning this, but it sure seems odd to do this in a PG environment.

From what I can tell, 'suggestiveness' is okay for PG-13.

They're definitely playing their edge a bit more than they were, but I'm guessing with the stuff that most kids can access on the internets now that there's a little less pressure on this stuff as long as they do not take the Michael.