DVDVR Message Board

SPORTS MEDIA THREAD DEUX

Dolfan in NYC

I'm probably even whiter than Fowler. I have three adopted black cousins(two sisters with one cousin, one boy with another cousin, those two blood relatives are sisters, can't have children, so don't get into that space with anything stupid about adoption), one bi-racial cousin who has a 1/4 black child, but I still don't think I can add much to this beyond I want to see them grow up in a better place than garbage like I always see. I'm just happy they are good families and their parents are very open about them embracing their culture and heritage if they so choose and don't even shy away from the adoption issue because it would be rather obvious fairly quickly.

Also, to be honest, any time I see the girls' hair it does intrigue me, but I'd never ask to touch it like some weird fuck. Alas, I know too well how fucking difficult it is to get proper hair care for black folks, especially women in an area like this with like 4% of the populace being black. Expensive as hell too.

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Because I can keep idiots like you from looking stupid and double posting. :)

Also, I am allowed to get mad when some stranger on an internet forum randomly private messages me and wants me to secretly advocate for white supremacy. So yeah, both of those things.

Do you advocate for all the Salvajes Locos out there? Crazy Savages? This has to be a play on words I'm too stupid to get.

6 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Okay, sure, whatever, pal. 

If I rob a bank and shoot a pregnant woman, as long as I say "I have the utmost respect for pregnant ladies" before I shoot her, that makes it all okay.

Thank God I've got elsalvajeloco on "ignore."  I'm sure it has something to do with how Sage Steel isn't a "real sister" or some other reverse racist, black militant dipshit idiocy.

To be honest, it's hard to give your take on racial issues that much credence given that you have that racist as fuck logo as your avatar. 

• Like 4

Also, he's moronic enough to confuse being pro-black with being militant, which I am pretty sure means nothing unless he means "black person who won't sit down and take suffering".  If that is indeed the definition, then yes, I am a militant black.

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Do you advocate for all the Salvajes Locos out there? Crazy Savages? This has to be a play on words I'm too stupid to get.

A Mexican buddy of mine had a tattoo, and I needed a username at 2 in the morning like 11 years ago while I was very sleepy. If I thought I was going to do more than just lurk in the MMA and the wrestling folder, I would have probably come up with something better. 

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm probably even whiter than Fowler. I have three adopted black cousins(two sisters with one cousin, one boy with another cousin, those two blood relatives are sisters, can't have children, so don't get into that space with anything stupid about adoption), one bi-racial cousin who has a 1/4 black child, but I still don't think I can add much to this beyond I want to see them grow up in a better place than garbage like I always see. I'm just happy they are good families and their parents are very open about them embracing their culture and heritage if they so choose and don't even shy away from the adoption issue because it would be rather obvious fairly quickly.

Also, to be honest, any time I see the girls' hair it does intrigue me, but I'd never ask to touch it like some weird fuck. Alas, I know too well how fucking difficult it is to get proper hair care for black folks, especially women in an area like this with like 4% of the populace being black.

I like how we all still can't understand respecting people's personal space for one, and two, that looking and admiring without being a complete weirdo is the best thing to do no matter the ethnicity and/or race. We're talking about people and not suede couches. Compliment and keep it pushing.

Expensive as hell too.

tumblr_lqrl3xemDw1qb0q9io1_400.gif

The money is one issue. You also better be ready to have those scavenger hunts in the morning for your personal hygiene items. This is why I suggest you have two bathrooms if you can afford it because at least one of them will look like the result of a mortar attack. 

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Also, to be honest, any time I see the girls' hair it does intrigue me, but I'd never ask to touch it like some weird fuck. Alas, I know too well how fucking difficult it is to get proper hair care for black folks, especially women in an area like this with like 4% of the populace being black. Expensive as hell too.

This is some of the realest shit ever wrote on this board.  I live in Northern Virginia, which is about as diverse as any part of the country and the struggle to find even the most basic black hair care products can be ridiculous based on the area you live in.  I used to live in a fairly nice part of Alexandria, and there wasn't a single store within 20 minutes of my house where I could get some wave grease.  It is even worse near my job around Tysons Corner, where you'd be better off looking for a black Bentley than black hair care products. 

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Hair care issues are a big reason wigs are popular among black women.  Yes, they're fashionable and trendy.  But a woman can wear them while not having to expose her actual hair to all sorts of treatments and whatever else.  And ultimately, it's also cheaper.

After living in the deep south my whole life, I can say the amount of women who have to wear lacefronts after years of damage is absurdly high. When your edges are so jacked up that you got the George Jefferson thing going on, you gotta move to something else.

Hey, "Awful Announcing" dude,

I keep clicking on your site waiting for you to rip into Westwood One's Armando Quintero and Brady Papinga for the absolutely shitty job they did last night calling the Raiders-Texans game in Mexico, but so far I haven't seen anything. 

Quintero, especially, did a shameful job and was really exaggerating his Hispanic accent to get over the "Mexico" aspect of the game.

Guess you're too busy writing about Obama trolling Michael Jordan and a Matty Dellavedova biopic to talk about awful PBP announcers anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Fake-callers-aside-Chris-Carlin-is-settling-in-to-his-new-gig-with-WIP-.html

So for those of you who missed it, fat racist piece-of-shit Josh Innes got fired from WIP in Philly, and replaced by Chris Carlin, former sports update guy for Don Imus who most recently got fired from Loud Mouths, a New York-based sports talk show that was just an awful show that, ironically, Carlin was actually the creator of.  He actually got fired from  a show he created.

Those of us who had hoped that Spike Eskin's rise to Program Director at WIP would lead to a reduction in Mike and the Mad Dog-style "angry people with irritating New Yoik/Philly/Joisey accents call in and vent and rant"  shows and instead a rise in Brock & Salk-style "analytics and x's and o's discussion of the previous day's games" style show are very dissapointed.

It has been funny listening to people call in and troll Carlin over his physical appearance (bald, morbidly obese).  His inability to handle trolls is hilarious stuff.

As for Josh Innes, his first ratings "book" for November has been horrible and the Houston Chronicle has been all over him about it.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Josh-Innes-radio-ratings-down-from-Charlie-Pallilo-10633113.php

Shit I didn't know they fired Innes. I'm glad since he was somehow even worse than Howard Eskin. Unfortunately Eskin's unexplainable popularity pretty much ensures WIP is always gonna go with a jerkoff for drivetime host. I had heard they were ultimately grooming Innes to replace Angelo Cataldi when s finally retires from the morning show too...

• 2 weeks later...

So according to Fox Sports (more specifically stain Jason Whitlock & that even worse stain Clay Travis),  Ronda Rousey was nothing but a creation by the "liberal elite media" to promote feminism and was proven to be a complete fraud.  Never mind these are the same people that pushed the Rousey vs Mayweather fight as something that should happen.

Welcome to 2017 looking more like 2016 early on 

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So according to Fox Sports (more specifically stain Jason Whitlock & that even worse stain Clay Travis),  Ronda Rousey was nothing but a creation by the "liberal elite media" to promote feminism and was proven to be a complete fraud.  Never mind these are the same people that pushed the Rousey vs Mayweather fight as something that should happen.

I honestly don't understand why everything has to be an attack on some group of people...even when there is no logical link to anyone in that particular group.  What the fuck is going on.  Ronda Rousey won all those fights.  Ronda Rousey is an Olympic medalist in judo, and can toss damn near anyone on the planet on their head and armbar them.  Ronda Rousey was an elite fighter in a young division full of inexperienced fighters.  She inspired all these women from different disciplines to try MMA, and the level of competition was elevated quickly.  Rousey isn't a fraud, she is a trailblazer who paved the way for women like Amanda Nunes to come along a slaughter her.  It is how the sport works.  Royce Gracie was unstoppable until he wasn't.  Mark Coleman was dominant until he wasn't.  All the people who were one dimensional trailblazers ended up knocked out and exposed once the competition caught up with them.  It wasn't a liberal conspiracy then and it isn't now.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I would probably be slightly offended if people actually watched those shows on FS1. You can say just about anything with no rhyme or reason when your show is basically serves no purpose other than being a tiny echo chamber playground for overpaid egomaniacs.

56 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I watched Whitlock's show one day while at a Dave and Busters with my kids (only thing on the TV's).

That was about the last time I gave anyone on FS any of my time outside of an actual sporting event.