DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

In 1988, there was a big Free Nelson Mandela concert in London, televised worldwide, to educate the world about the evils of apartheid. Fox America televised it under the name 'Freedomfest' and removed any mention of anything political, and almost every mention of Mandela himself, from the broadcast.

...and we have further proof that Rupert Murdoch is the foulest person alive. Makes this Murdoch look like a nice guy

hqdefault.jpg

(I don't know what is up with the beanie hahaha)

• Like 1

Is that Iron Mike DiBiase next to Dickie in that pic? Masa Hori's page, where I got it from, didn't say. In fact I didn't identify DiBiasi Sr. until he said who it was -- and if you don't recognize that's Jumbo Tsuruta as the fourth man. 

I think everyone can identify the rest, even though skinny young Barry Windham looks to be all of 17 and Dick is "imitating" Flair in the first pic

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't get the gist of the discussion you guys were having for a second there. It's likely just some random cowboy, but if anybody knows who, let us know.

Also the Anti-Apartheid movement was seen as far left craziness in the US until about 1987/1988 thanks to Reagan era propaganda. So if Vince would have run shows there he wouldn't have gotten that much flak outside of a article here and there from papers or magazines WWF fans would never read.

Kinda some revisionist history there.  Roddy Piper screaming "I DO play Sun City!" at the 86 Slammys was about as heelish of a remark as you could make on MTV at the time.  And that was a line he used regularly for cheap heat. 

I feel like someone at NXT needs to just lay Vince out. Even if it was just them sucker punching a senior citizen, in Vince's mind it'd make them the baddest motherfucker in the galaxy.

"That guy was tough enough to kick my ass. I want this Enzo Amore guy headlining Wrestlemania next year gah dammit!"

• Like 2

CROrmGkUcAAgZ_Y.jpg

Jeez, I like the guy but the only caption I can come up with for that is "It sure was nice of the Cubs to let that homeless fan into the park."

I thought "The Briscoes are from Delaware, why would they be pulling for the Cubs?"

Because fuck the Orioles