DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Given how often you hear of wrestlers crediting Kip Frey's best match on the card bonus, I find it a little surprising you never hear of stories of promotions that have high profile matches, where beforehand, two different agreeable outcomes are agreed to backstage, and the promoter/booker makes the call on the fly as to who goes over based on who put more effort into the match or made the other guy look good, or something like that?

Given how often you hear of wrestlers crediting Kip Frey's best match on the card bonus, I find it a little surprising you never hear of stories of promotions that have high profile matches, where beforehand, two different agreeable outcomes are agreed to backstage, and the promoter/booker makes the call on the fly as to who goes over based on who put more effort into the match or made the other guy look good, or something like that?

I would think it would be too easy for talent to accidentally-on-purpose go into business for themselves in that instance.

Man some of those new figures look so damn creepy and derpy with the faces. I don't get it. They have all those high tech computer stuff, 3d laser imaging and what ever and they never seem to get the faces right. They end up looking creepy with a smile or derpy with a smirk.

Anyway the funniest one is current Triple H. He looks like he's juicied to the gills with even more muscle definition than John Cena.

Don't fucking call them dolls

I have been buying them had people buying them for me since before I could talk. they're dolls, according to those people .

FTFY; before you were able to talk, you weren't "buying" shit.

Speaking of the aforementioned Rey/Ricochet/Black match, how's this for a contrived Davey-esque spot?

https://instagram.com/p/8aBy_LSm-J/

Yup....pretty fucking awful.

I give it 3 out of 5 Daveys...

I give it 5 out of 5 Daveys because it immediately set up the double 619.  So it went from overly contrived spot to overly contrived signature spot.  Goddamn, Davey could learn somethiing watching Rey Rey. 

• Like 2

I know everyone around here hates Scott Keith, but I thought this from his blog would be total gold.

* Axel & Rose – Curtis Axel and Adam Rose take on a 1980’s Hair Metal gimmick (imagine 3MB but with more eye-liner and camper music)

• Like 1

12-yr old me is pissed that figures didn't look that awesome when I was into them. I had to put up with crap like this:

158249734_bret-hart-shawn-michaels-wwf-r

$_35.JPG

Those are improvement over the LJN figures and the ones that came after that, that could only do one move and do it poorly.  

Rick Rude with amazing Rude Awakening action!  Just don't expect to fit another figure's misshapen head in his arm!

22-01-2012%2B11-55-44_0067.JPG

• Like 1