DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/1/15

victor

* Dark match: Dolph Ziggler defeat Heath Slater.

* SmackDown kicks off with Seth Rollins calling out Kane to the ring. Kane makes his way out on crutches. Rollins and The New Day vs. The Dudley Boyz and Demon Kane with Corporate Kane at ringside is announced for the main event.

* Sasha Banks, Naomi and Tamina Snuka defeated Nikki Bella, Brie Bella and Alicia Fox.

* Ryback defeated Kevin Owens by count out.

* The Lucha Dragons and Neville defeated Stardust and The Ascension.

* Bray Wyatt, Braun Stroman, and Luke Harper come out to cut a promo on Roman Reigns. Out comes Reigns. Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns at Hell in a Cell inside the Cell is setup.=

* Corporate Kane comes out on crutches and takes a seat near the announcers.

* The New Day and Seth Rollins vs. The Dudley Boyz and Demon Kane. Corporate Kane sits there as a 3 on 2 match begins. Rollins nails a dive to the floor but hits Kane instead. Kane sells an injury and is helped to the back. The pyro hits and out comes Demon Kane. He attacks Rollins. The Dudleyz end up getting the win. After the match, Rollins escapes and Kane starts to chase after him but comes back to the ring and takes out The Dudley Boyz. Kane then Tombstones Kofi. The pyro hits and Kane holds the title up.

They should really just hire a guy to be Kane again and have them tag up in some bizarre twist. Can't use Festus, but there's gotta be a big tall white guy in NXT they can use for a bit. Or just use that guy who used to dress up as Kane at the Arena, who cares if he's black, it'll still work dammit!

They should really just hire a guy to be Kane again and have them tag up in some bizarre twist. Can't use Festus, but there's gotta be a big tall white guy in NXT they can use for a bit.

I think Big Cass dressing up as Kane would be suitably ridiculous for this angle.

• Like 1

Yeah, from what I saw of Brian from that 2013 RF shoot, he doesn't need to be in a ring again.. 

brianlee.jpg

Drugs tore him up.

Odd that I am looking forward to Reigns vs. Wyatt in HITC to see what Reigns will bring to the table.  Wyatt is really mailing it in lately.  You'd think that a guy with Wyatt's gimmick would totally go Mick Foley in a match like that but he really plays it safe to be a crazy dude.

The Duds have been cool with Kane ever since they buried Paul Bearer alive together.

I think you're confusing two separate things. Kane and Vince buried Taker alive at Survivor Series 03, and the Dudleys faced Taker in a match where Heyman would drown Paul Bearer in cement if Taker lost. Taker won but finished Bearer off himself.

• Like 1

Why would the Dudleys agree to be part of that match?

Kane attacked the other team and the Dudleys still got the win instead of being dq'ed. Why wouldn't they team with Kane?

Cause of the stipulation that Kane would both be in the match and ring side. Why would they agree to basically a two on three match.

It makes a kind of sense to go ahead and get another Kane, that does seem to be where the story is going.Plenty of directions they can go over time. These heel vs heel match ups are interesting, unless they turn Rollins there's no one for the fans to cheer for.

Yeah, from what I saw of Brian from that 2013 RF shoot, he doesn't need to be in a ring again.. 

brianlee.jpg

Drugs tore him up.

Odd that I am looking forward to Reigns vs. Wyatt in HITC to see what Reigns will bring to the table.  Wyatt is really mailing it in lately.  You'd think that a guy with Wyatt's gimmick would totally go Mick Foley in a match like that but he really plays it safe to be a crazy dude.

Is that Brian Lee or Peter Stormare?

• Like 1

Nobody should let Nikki stomp anybody again. Ever. On the brighter side it's clear that nobody in the Divas Revolution is slapping their thigh when they kick one another. Booker's babble was at an unforeseen level of incomprehensibility here and I challenge someone to translate some of the shit that was coming out of his mouth. 

What I watched of Ryback/Owens was passable (busy at the time); Owens is such a shitter taking the countout loss and I loved him waving Ryback off after the Shellshock like bugs were flying around his head. 

Though Cody's still funny/fun to me and I'm happy these guys have an angle I have no interest. Nice Falcon Arrow from the second buckle by one of the Jobronis Ascension though. 

Man that staredown between Wyatt and Roman was great. Harper and Big Stranglehold standing in the background (with Harper's Manson eyes glaring out of the corner in every shot of Roman) and letting it simmer, then Wyatt yelling "ARE YOU READY TO DIE?" as Reigns walked off made that. They already did the big brawl so no reason for that, just light the fuse and wait for the PPV.

Big E prancing to the ring with light clapping, then Kane getting into it and clapping along was just perfect. Kane's facial expressions are classic. He just mugs for the camera so well in this persona. And of course then you get the trombone during the slingshot dropkicks! A nothing match but the schtick from all involved is fun. Booker insisting on someone checking on Corporate Kane after all is done was good too.