DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

DC Daily reminds me a lot of the documentaries and news/hype videos that WB made in the early days of Gametap, but with an actual budget. The George Perez segments have been cool but the celebrity/writer panels are excruciating. I can't believe they think they can do 20 min a day 5 days a week.

So I started watching Gotham, and now up to date. Not sure what was a bigger waste of time - watching it, or reading through 60 odd pages on here to find no-one else still watching it.

It's enjoyable on a trash TV level, but it's like taking Dom Perignon and mixing it with Grape Fanta the way they take such great characters and fuck around with them in this way. And the stupid "WE ALL KNOW WHO THAT IS" type shit....spare me. 

If it wasn't taking a piss on longstanding beloved DC characters, it's not a bad show. Otherwise, its too much to look past.

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2018 at 7:06 AM, RolandTHTG said:

So I started watching Gotham, and now up to date. Not sure what was a bigger waste of time - watching it, or reading through 60 odd pages on here to find no-one else still watching it.

It's enjoyable on a trash TV level, but it's like taking Dom Perignon and mixing it with Grape Fanta the way they take such great characters and fuck around with them in this way. And the stupid "WE ALL KNOW WHO THAT IS" type shit....spare me. 

If it wasn't taking a piss on longstanding beloved DC characters, it's not a bad show. Otherwise, its too much to look past.

I watched the first season of Gotham and it didn't grab me enough to continue on. Most of the baddies be old when Batman arrives ; ). I did like the Penguin, Gordon and Bullock in Gotham Season One. I've watched a couple of clips online since then: good to see Professor Pyg making his live action debut.

20 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I love the Harley Quinn teaser. They have some awesome actors/actresses lined up for that series too, one of which will make this board very happy. 

Jennifer Hale?