DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

Not surprised by Iron Fist's cancellation. Show was fighting an uphill battle ever since the first season's really bad reviews. I don't see it getting revived either when there's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, the Punisher and something else to replace Iron Fist.

2 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I wonder if we'll still get the eventual Heroes for Hire?

I can see the odd guest appearances by Iron Fist and Collen Wong in Luke Cage Season Three. Doubt Iron Fist gets his own series again including a reboot.

On 10/13/2018 at 4:27 PM, J.H. said:

Outside of DD season 1 and Punisher I've kinda hated al lthe Netflix Marvel shows. Holy fuck was defenders so not what went into it.

James

Out of Marvel Netflix I've watched...

Love Daredevil Season One. Best Netflix series and Marvel's best live action offering ever. Cox and D'Onofrio are terrific.

Really liked Jessica Jones Season One though it was dragged out to fill the 13 episode quota. 

Daredevil Season Two had a high first half with The Punisher but Elektra/the Hand dragged in the second. 

Defenders started too slow. Interplay between Daredevil, Jessica Jones and the show ripping on lame Iron Fist good, Hand/Elektra bad again. 

Jessica Jones Season Two I got to the halfway point months ago and not gone any further. Not sure I will.

Daredevil is the only show I see when it comes out or week after. 

Rankings:

1. Daredevil: Season One. 

2. Jessica Jones: Season One. 

3. Daredevil: Season Two.

4. The Defenders.

If I had to throw my Hand(see what I did there! haha) for rankings it would be as such(mine is very segmented)

1. Daredevil S1

2. JJ S1

3. Luke Cage Season 1

4.Punisher

4(tie). DD S2(Punisher stuff)

5. Luke Cage(first 8 episodes, at least until the villain switch)

6. JJ S2

6.(tie) Iron Fist Season 2

7. Defenders

8. DD S2 (Elektra/Hand)

9.  Luke Cage Final episodes(With Diamondback as villain)

10. Iron Fist

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

If I had to throw my Hand(see what I did there! haha) for rankings it would be as such(mine is very segmented)

1. Daredevil S1

2. JJ S1

3. Luke Cage Season 1

4.Punisher

4(tie). DD S2(Punisher stuff)

5. Luke Cage(first 8 episodes, at least until the villain switch)

6. JJ S2

6.(tie) Iron Fist Season 2

7. Defenders

8. DD S2 (Elektra/Hand)

9.  Luke Cage Final episodes(With Diamondback as villain)

10. Iron Fist

I haven't watched much of Punisher, or seen the 2nd seasons of Luke Cage or Iron Fist at all, but otherwise this seems like A Very Good and Accurate List.

Honestly I've enjoyed all of the Netflix shows. None of them are perfect and I'll probably not rewatch any but I'm always eager for the next one and I'm glad I watched. 

Maybe it's a comic reader's mentality where you are just used to coming back month in and month out and the quality fluctuates but the familiarity and the regularity is part of the experience. So long as it's not outright bad, you keep coming back and finding things to like.

• Like 1