Smackdown Spoilers for 9/3/15

victor

Dark match

* Zack Ryder defeated Heath Slater

WWE Main Event

* Kevin Owens defeated Jack Swagger

* Fandango defeated Adam Rose

* Sasha Banks and Naomi defeated Paige and Becky Lynch

* SmackDown kicks off with The New Day coming out with picket signs, talking about The Dudley Boyz endangering furniture. The Dudleyz come out to a big pop. The Prime Time Players interrupt next and we have a match.

* The Dudleyz defeated The Prime Time Players in what was said to be a really good match. The New Day was on commentary.

* Stardust vs. Neville is next. The match never starts as The Ascension lays Neville out at ringside. Apparently they are with Stardust now.

* JoJo interviews Cesaro backstage but Sheamus interrupts.

* Sheamus defeated Cesaro in another good match that went just under 10 minutes.

* The Miz is out for MizTV with Lana and Dolph Ziggler. Summer Rae ends up coming out by herself and gets into it with Lana. They have to be separated by Ziggler and Miz.

* Bo Dallas defeated R-Truth. Bo cut a promo before the match.

* Charlotte defeated Tamina Snuka. After the match, Team Bella comes to the stage and stares down Team PCB. Nikki Bella raise the Divas Title up as Charlotte yells at her.

* Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated Big E and Kofi Kingston by DQ in the main event.

Shield vs New Day has my attention

^ This.

Stardust forming the Dudes of Evil super villain group with The Ascension would be awesome if The Ascension could work without killing anyone.

I am assuming that Neville will form the Legion of Goodness with the Lucha Dragons.

I will have to watch Main Event to see Sasha get her win back.

It's weird that it seems like the are creating these 6 man factions all over the place

The three Diva teams

Wyatts

Shield (since we know they will get a third)

New Day

Stardust/Ascension

Neville & whoever

Get Spike Dudley back and Mark Henry with PTP and let's get WAR all up in this mother.

• Like 3

Xavier: "Looking like a German Shepherd that ate too many potato chips" (?!) New Day is on another level. They manage to take over a whole match (set up perfectly well in the buildup by Titus, btw) and pretty much MST3K it. You want to see them get their asses beat just to watch the backstage interview to see what shit comes out of their their mouths next. 

Cesaro/Sheamus was uneventful. I don't like Cesaro having the DDP wrap because you know he's gonna have to blow through selling at one point or another to pull off some feat of strength. Not that I don't trust him to hold up the selling, it just puts too much of a target on it.

Oh lord that video game commercial with Arnold was awesome and all you vidya gamers are gonna enjoy figuring out the Terminator's specials. 

Well, Bo has no neck brace. Goddammit. Somebody in the crowd yells "JOIN THE WYATT FAMILY ALREADY". Speaking of families, Charlotte has her father's nose, kinda. It's different but there's something in the genes. I guess they're still squashing the new girls' time because of Bellas but the short bit they got was fine. Tamina could be an Aja Kong type if they let her get more ringwork to develop and everything was crisp and mean-looking on both ends. 

I'm really happy I didn't sit through that Raw shit live. It was painful enough in short form. 

Owens shuts down Kevin Dunn, good work. I guess him using Ryback's catchphrase will set up a (ugh) three-way. It'll be great but... three-way. 

"PUT SOME MEAT ON IT BIG E", being totally stolen from Disco Godfather ("PUTCHO WEIGHT ON IT") was almost better than the potato chips thing. Then "IT'S GOTTA BE THE SHOE!" No idea why anyone complains about Ambrose's lariat because it always looks like it takes the guy's head off. You can complain about the rest of his offense being a little soft for a crazy guy but it's WWE; they gotta let the guy they want to put the belt on jump in and slap the shit out of people on punches. No Bang Staypuft aside from one word this episode and I am disappoint.

The problem isn't with the lariat it's the through the ropes rebound and the apron tiger feign into a lariat.  If Dean either did a stagger back quick recovery answer with a lariat or even a fallback bounce off the ropes but not through into the lariat it would look better.  Hell, even if he mixed it up by throwing a "i'm going to fall out of the ring backwards instead of always answering with the lariat", you wouldn't have as much telegraphing of the shot.

• Like 1

The problem isn't with the lariat it's the through the ropes rebound and the apron tiger feign into a lariat.  If Dean either did a stagger back quick recovery answer with a lariat or even a fallback bounce off the ropes but not through into the lariat it would look better.  Hell, even if he mixed it up by throwing a "i'm going to fall out of the ring backwards instead of always answering with the lariat", you wouldn't have as much telegraphing of the shot.

Another problem I can see is that nobody dodges it, but that's just WWE. Nobody stops running into Cena's clotheslines setting up the fistdrop, etc. As much as I'd pop for Dean just falling through the ropes or else hit the lariat without the fallback it won't happen unless it's a big match and they want to mess with formula.

And he doesn't hit it nearly as hard as Nigel did.

Didn't Nigel have all sorts of arm injuries in his career, though?

Yes. I didn't say Nigel was smart doing it like that, just that was what it took to fight that horrendously stupid setup to a draw.

So I'm watching MizTV but there was such an opportunity for Miz to tell the crowd that he knows Summer isn't lying about her flings with Dolph because after the Marine 4 (Now available on DVD, Blu-Ray, Online Streaming) Summer is a horrible actress which makes it impossible for her to tell a lie

Her acting is suspect, but she had real tears going so there is that.  She tried.

Everybody needs to watch SD for New Day's commentary.  They were absolutely hilarious and on top of that proved they know more than Rich.  At one point he incorrectly called a move a German suplex.  He was promptly corrected by Xavier saying it was a back suplex.  I loved that.  And the main event was all kinds of fun.