DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The version of the Dan Maff story posted is wrong. Nothing to do with anyone underage, just someone close to Homicide. There's more to it than that but it's not my story to tell.

Well, that's the popular version of the story.  I should have clarified that I've heard other rumors about the beef (Maff slept with a close family member, Maff used Homicide's real name in a shoot interview).  I don't know anyone close to the situation.  The story I posted was told to me by a wrestler who supposedly heard it from Homicide, but he was a west coast guy who didn't know the people involved very well so  .... <shrug>  In any case, sorry if I'm repeating an untrue rumor.  My bad.  Upshot is that he had heat with Homicide, left the business for awhile, then came back  and has worked fairly regularly the past few years (albeit for promotions that don't have tv).

• Like 1

If Snuka takes a deal or is convicted does Vince get some fallout for this due to how Vince originally got Snuka out of trouble for this crime

99% of the world thinks Vince is a scumbag all this does is confirm it a little more.

I'm be surprised if most people have any idea who Vince is.

• Like 3

The version of the Dan Maff story posted is wrong. Nothing to do with anyone underage, just someone close to Homicide. There's more to it than that but it's not my story to tell.

Well, that's the popular version of the story.  I should have clarified that I've heard other rumors about the beef (Maff slept with a close family member, Maff used Homicide's real name in a shoot interview).  

I find the latter unlikely. I remember Colt Cabana using his shoot name in an ROH angle.

If Snuka takes a deal or is convicted does Vince get some fallout for this due to how Vince originally got Snuka out of trouble for this crime

99% of the world thinks Vince is a scumbag all this does is confirm it a little more.

I'm be surprised if most people have any idea who Vince is.

I'm sure the legal system does. And I guess I worded my question wrong. Could Vince see charges because of how he hindered prosecution by instructing Snuka to act like he didn't understand English and was really a wildman? Also how screwed is Tamina?

Of all the matches that could happen and should happen, I badly want to see Brock vs. Cesaro. Watching him block the swinging DDT from Owens, this literally came to my mind from nowhere. One minute, the kid's working her way thru her spelling words, then suddenly, "Goddamn, dude needs to be in the ring with Lesnar!"*

*My kid didn't say this, btw.

Wanna make Cesaro? Have him give Brock the Giant Swing. It will be the biggest damn pop in years.

99% of the world that know who Vince is  thinks Vince is a scumbag all this does is confirm it a little more.

Fixed that for you

I must be the 1%.

• Like 1

I want to think Tamina would be fine, she's part of Team BAD and taking her out would be too obvious for those that know.  It wasn't her fault or anything, just unfortunate that her dad killed his girlfriend.

I was going to say before she was even born. but it turns out she's 37.

I'm all in on a late career Stevie Richard run to the ROH title. 

Am I missing something? Does he wrestle for ROH?

I think he showed up at a show this weekend.  

Oh, that's gnarly. Yeah, I'd be all in on it too. I'll watch ROH for the first time in months when Stevie's first match on TV airs.

So I watched Survivor Series '96 last night on the network with my girlfriend who's not a wrestling fan. She was practically soaking the couch gawking at Shawn Michaels. Had to show her google images of his present day bald head.

It's the only way my ego could take it.

• Like 5

I'm all in on a late career Stevie Richard run to the ROH title. 

Am I missing something? Does he wrestle for ROH?

I think he showed up at a show this weekend.  

Oh, that's gnarly. Yeah, I'd be all in on it too. I'll watch ROH for the first time in months when Stevie's first match on TV airs.

• Like 3