DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 31 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I'm sure this that ends with Lana going back to Rusev. And the WWE wanting us to believe all the wrestlers have their own personal dressing rooms. 

Sting kissing HHH's ass was just plain ridiculous. But you could tell that was a written speech. 

Some were saying how Charlotte didn't look into it tonight. Probably cuz of what Bram is going through maybe. 

I also agree HHH is gonna cost Rollings his match somehow. Defending both belts copying the Jay Lethal ROH angle I guess. 

Stephanie could have just made the Sting/Rollins match for the US Title too. Which is what I originally thought was going to happen.

And if they really wanted to push this Rollins/HHH feud, why didn't Sting or Cena come out to Rollins at the end and say, "Hate to tell you this, but there never was any statue".

But the audience saw the statue. The only person that didn't was Seth Rollins. He could presumably go back and watch the archived episode from last week and see the proof that there was indeed an actual statue made.

Whoops, I guess I need to watch more than I do.  Oh well, go back in time and never show the statue.  Or have Brock Lesner tear it apart and throw it in the stands.

• Like 1

Stephanie could have just made the Sting/Rollins match for the US Title too. Which is what I originally thought was going to happen.

And if they really wanted to push this Rollins/HHH feud, why didn't Sting or Cena come out to Rollins at the end and say, "Hate to tell you this, but there never was any statue".

But the audience saw the statue. The only person that didn't was Seth Rollins. He could presumably go back and watch the archived episode from last week and see the proof that there was indeed an actual statue made.

Whoops, I guess I need to watch more than I do.  Oh well, go back in time and never show the statue.  Or have Brock Lesner tear it apart and throw it in the stands.

Kama The Supreme Fighting Machine could have had the statue melted down into another necklace to go with one made from the Undertaker's urn. 

• Like 1

The beat the clock stuff with the divas was a decent idea in theory, but poorly executed. I always have weird feeling with Beat the Clock as its a decent switch up for a tournament concept, but pushes matches to be very short which kind of sucks. The Bellatron is a good idea that should have been implanted at least a good month or two ago.

New Day continues to be awesome.

Wyatts vs. exShield has been good. I love how Braun is being built up.

The Sting promo sucked, but I liked the general set up of Seth defending both belts. I'm curious who takes the US belt. I think Sheamus cashes in regardless of who wins Sting/Seth.

Welp, it's clear they still have no idea what they have in Sasha. They also somehow managed to make me not care about an Owens/Cesaro match. That's a hard fucking thing to do.

Gonna probably shut this whole watching WWE thing down for a while.  See you guys next time something cool happens.

• Like 2

Twisting Rollins/Sting in to Rollins/HHH was strange but adding Cena's US title rematch added intrigue. Hard to see several possible outcomes happening, Cena just winning the US back, Sting as WWE Champ, Rollins retaining both. I agree that a cash in seems likely but I would love to see Sting as WWE Champ however brief. Good stuff from Owens/Cesaro , Dudleys/New Day was fun, and I liked Ryback/Show too. the Dolph/Lana stuff was bizarre in how it kept going on and on through the night, I imagine that'll be another terrible MizTV. Figured Charlotte was a lock to dethrone Nikki, hoping nothing changes and the Bellatron continues to break the record.

On the women's front, I wasn't too upset with how things went down. No one really wants to see Alicia Fox or Brie Bella in 10 minute singles matches, all the faces were booked strong, and they teased some jealousy with Paige and Charlotte at the end. I will say that this dead-ass crowd mustering an audible "Let's go Sasha" chant tells me they need to start featuring her more or she's going to become a Daniel Bryan-esque distraction.

That Sting promo was so, so bad. It was an honor to lose to HHH in 2015, but it would be shameful to lose to the current WWE and US champ.

Summer Rae's promo was hilarious though. *The Look* was apparently the giveaway that he was trying to seduce her, not stripping in front of her or asking her to hop in the shower with him. Actually the whole thing was pretty funny in the wrestlecrap sense. Lana's delivery of "She saw you... Naked?" and her general coldness as Dolph explained a perfectly reasonable story were priceless too.

Isn't the NOC gimmick that all the belts have to be defended or did I make that up?

WWE can do whatever the fuck they want.  Why do you guys act like there is some Wrestling Supreme Court that rules on decisions that WWE doesn't abide by?

I gave up on ever paying attention to them following any stipulation the day Alberto Del Rio curtain jerked WM after winning the Royal Rumble.  That was four fucking years ago.  You're really going to nitpick on some throwaway line from 2012 on a throwaway show that nobody remembers or gives a shit about?

If Paige were kayfabe-smart, she would have ignored Sasha and gone and smacked Naomi in the mouth. Then Tamina would have superkicked her and she'd have had a DQ win. Then we could have teased dissension, and just generally have done something ACTUALLY INTERESTING.

I'm assuming the Ziggler/Russev angle is going to end in a mixed tag match.  If common sense were at all in play, the match would end with a double turn of Lana turning on Dolph and Russev ditching Summer.  Of course that would make too much sense and end with things back the way they should be.

Sting as Triple H superfan was the worst thing I've seen in a while; wonder if he regrets signing with WWE

Those 3 minutes or less Divas matches made the whole division look awful; Sasha getting that treatment after the masterpiece at Takeover is just so sad

Never thought I could be bored with Cesaro/Owens but bad crowd + bad announcing + having to sit through the rest of the whole made that the case

That Sting promo was embarrassing. It was like something out of 1986 where all the heels had to talk about Dusty Rhodes even if they weren't actively feuding with him.

"Well ya know something David Crockett, that Dusty Rhodes is a helluva man and a tough wrestler. Now onto my opponent, Dr. Death Steve Williams. Well he's tough but he's not half the man Dusty Rhodes is."

Also, reminds me of Homer trying to fix Poochie, "One, Triple H needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Triple H is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Triple H'?"

• Like 1

I hope the end game for this Rusev/Ziggler feud is that Rusev ends up with both women.

"Rusev is hardcore! Rusev will take both!"

[All three start making out as "Man in the Box" kicks in over the PA system.]

And then Brian Lee chairs hots a cinder block on Rusev's balls.