DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

• 3 weeks later...

Her last Stardom is actually 1/26.  Its a shame. She was easily the best on the mic and one of the top 5 in Stardom the past two years. On the other hand it probably shouldn't be too surprising since her original retirement was delayed only because of some conversation she had with Io that also led to her joining Stardom officially in the first place. Figured she would retire within the next 3-4 years, not this soon. She apparently wants Natsuko Tora to take over Oedo Tai though I doubt that happens. Sounds like the month between her final Stardom show and her retirement will be spent as her old self working other promotions.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:03 PM, Eivion said:

Her last Stardom is actually 1/26.  Its a shame. She was easily the best on the mic and one of the top 5 in Stardom the past two years. On the other hand it probably shouldn't be too surprising since her original retirement was delayed only because of some conversation she had with Io that also led to her joining Stardom officially in the first place. Figured she would retire within the next 3-4 years, not this soon. She apparently wants Natsuko Tora to take over Oedo Tai though I doubt that happens. Sounds like the month between her final Stardom show and her retirement will be spent as her old self working other promotions.

As well as Kagetsu, HIRO'e will be retiring next year as well. By this time next year, WAVE will have nobody left to wrestle.

So according to Meltzer, there's a bit more to Kagetsu and Hazuki's retirements.  Apparently many wrestlers didn't like Kagetsu (who was their head trainer and locker room leader) training and management methods (fining late wrestlers for example).  That, along with badmouthing Bushiroad led them to push her out of power and eventually led her to retire.  That, along with feeling like she nothing much else to accomplish after wrestling in MSG, led Hazuki to retire as well.

Of course this could very well be fed to Dave from some very biased party's to not make Stardom look bad.

Edited by nofuture

I'm guessing bs being fed to Dave. Kagetsu wouldn't have had any powers in management so she couldn't fine anyone in the first place. The trainer and locker room leader position was shared with Mayu from whats been seen. Maybe she was bad mouthing Bushiroad behind the scenes, but there was nothing in plain view that pointed to her having issues with them. Honestly, Kagetsu retiring didn't make Stardom look bad in the first place so whoever fed him that was a dumbass if they thought it would help. 

Kagetsu herself posted a blog about her decision to retire. Seems to be basically come down to her achieving her goals for/in Stardom and the restructure being a good time for it.

On the other hand Hazuki's retirement does seem to have more behind it.

Edited by Eivion

Giulia vs. Hana was the greatest match in the history of our sport. In all seriousness, it was a fun, lively match. Kimura is so good for her level of experience and is the real deal. Giulia is rough around the edges and definitely not on Hana's level in-ring but in Stardom that's not what matters most, so she'll be fine. She's also got just over two years experience and is way ahead of most people in that experience range. 

That match with Giulia was basically a career performance from Hana and something she has been lacking the ability to pull for a long while now. From what I've seen of Giulia in Stardom so far she is probably a better wrestler than Hana on the average. That match was a great showing for both and makes it easy to see why Bushiroad and Ogawa think they are future.

The white and red belt matches were good and make me think two things. Konami could and probably will sneak her way into being a star. They screwed up not talking Kagetsu out of retirement. She could have been a big deal for them in the Bushiroad era if they pushed her.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Hazuki's retirement match and ceremony was so weird and, like many, I would not be surprised to see both her and Kagetsu pop up somewhere else in 6-12 months. 

No one is quite sure what is up with Hazuki's retirement. Comments from Natsu on twitter definitely makes it seem like a retirement Hazuki might come back from be it in Stardom or elsewhere.

Kagetsu's retirement is more legit though I still wouldn't be shocked if she comes back from it just because of how wrestlers tend to be. She is still young, healthy enough, and seemingly hasn't really mentioned interests outside of wrestling. 

Edited by Eivion

Caught up with a lot of Stardom the last few days and the Hazuki and Kagetsu retirements blindsided me. If it is legit for health reasons and a desire to take new opportunities that's great, but these conflicting reports make the whole thing seem fishy. If this is how Bushiroad is operating it sucks big time. Kagetsu was my favorite wrestler in the company and Oedo Tai my favorite unit and now it's been gutted. Stardom just won't be the same.

On 1/2/2020 at 8:01 AM, quackhell said:

Caught up with a lot of Stardom the last few days and the Hazuki and Kagetsu retirements blindsided me. If it is legit for health reasons and a desire to take new opportunities that's great, but these conflicting reports make the whole thing seem fishy. If this is how Bushiroad is operating it sucks big time. Kagetsu was my favorite wrestler in the company and Oedo Tai my favorite unit and now it's been gutted. Stardom just won't be the same.

Considering that Bushiroad didn't buy Stardom because they wanted to and instead to stop WWE from buying it, I'm not surprised by anything that happens. And its not like Rossy has ever been my favorite either. Combined together and this can either be a great success or terrible failure.

• Like 1