DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Whoa, they are not fucking around with the Japanese talent this time. Good for them and good for Matsumoto! I hope she gets a win and a showcase in the second round at least before dipping out. Ideally, Io goes over her in the 2nd or 3rd round and they tear the place down.

Do we know when it starts streaming? 

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing it starting the end of this month.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

It's hard to really imagine a reason for WAVE to continue existing these days anyway. With Ohata retiring and Nihonbashi leaving, that leaves them with what... four wrestlers? Five?

4 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

It's hard to really imagine a reason for WAVE to continue existing these days anyway. With Ohata retiring and Nihonbashi leaving, that leaves them with what... four wrestlers? Five?

It is pretty sad. Since I moved here in January, I've only gone to WAVE shows. They are entertaining but you could tell that they were struggling to put together shows with the regular appearances of freelancers, men and other company's wrestlers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the WAVE show today. Ohka and Momono beat Miyazaki/Nozaki for the tag titles.  (Nozaki looks to be doing her beat down as hell Mick Foley impression so I think she could use the time off)  In a good match, Asuka beat Iroha for the WAvE title.  She hit a sweet moonsault/shooting star press combo for the finish.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When Aya Koyama was mentioned to have passed I was just wondering how Ray was doing since there hadn't been an update on her in good two or more years.  Always thought she could have been a bigger deal on the scene, not huge, but more than Leon's tag partner.

Ray after working for JWP met Command Bolshoi and became friends through music as Bolshoi is a very talented guitarist. Bolshoi who had appeared at Hayabusa concerts to play with him introduced Ray to Hayabusa as Ray was a very talented singer which resulted in Hayabusa and Ray becoming friends with Ray appearing when she could at Hayabusa concerts for years. Ray would begin working freelance but after it would be announced that Super Battle FMW would be starting up in 2015 and had a made a deal with Hayabusa to appear on shows the relationship between Hayabusa and Ray who had become known as the female Hayabusa got her a spot as the top women's wrestler for Super Battle FMW.

From Bahu's latest update, great work from him as always, won't post the whole thing here but thought this was really touching.

http://fmwwrestling.us/FreedomsFMWNews18.html

• Thanks 1

At the Wave show tonight, Ohata continued her "going out on her back" tour with a pinfall loss to Nozaki in a tag match. (Ohka was also pinned by Miyazaki in a tag match) But the bigger news is that her retirement road will include a tag match with her and Mizunami against The Great Sasuke and Jinsei Shinzaki. To be honest, I had no idea either of them were still wrestling.

Stardom is in a weird spot since it seems like there’s more going on with Momo’s title than there is with Kagetsu. Hana turning seems like it come out of nowhere, but I guess they need a storyline for the red belt. 

On a side note, currently on a trip to Japan and went to the last two Shin-Kiba shows. Pretty fun experience, not a bad seat in the house and both shows were great.  Will post pictures if anyone care when I get back. 

30 years of Double Inoue makes me feel old. Time goes by fast. I still think of Sato and Nozaki as young girls. The tournament matches are 10 minutes. In case of a draw, the younger team advances. That's how Kandori and Jaguar won't have to take a loss.