DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

The two Stardom Players below will wrestle each others on Kobashi's Fortune Dream 7 show. The women's version of "G Baba vs J Tsuruta" on June 15. Also seems Lady C could do both the Moonsault and the Jumping Neckbreaker? Jun's the one who gave Himeka the Jumbo Knee I think, Kobashi wants Lady C to do the moonsault and the Jumping Neckbreaker.

Kyohei Wada Honorary Referee and Fumihito Kihara Ring Announcer of AJPW are in charge of the match. 

8c286e8caa9563739acdb8c54b52efde.jpg

Edited by Blue Dragon

It would feel weird for C to start doing those. While she does seem to be AJPW inspired, its also kind of obvious Baba and Taue are who she takes the most inspiration from.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

It's still Tokyo Sports, so some "kayfabe" may be sprinkled in for Lady C. But Jake Lee did do the moonsault recently and that dude is a type of wrestler who does kicks. It's also AJPW 50th so more influences from other AJPW wrestlers is abound to happen.

Probably just expect one of those neckbreakers, there are multiple types of those moves.

Anyway in other news, Tall Saya made the cover of weekly pro.

FSYwEh-aIAMMI-m.jpg

Edited by Blue Dragon

New Blood 2 was good, better than the first show. The wrestling was better, and a lot seemed to happen with title challenges being thrown out, a couple of more matches being added to Ota, the PROMINENCE vs. DDM/God Eye's continuing, and Cosmic Angels and COLORS making their loser joins the other's unit match official for next month.

Momoka and Waka made a good team, and I want more of them together. 

5 hours ago, nofuture said:

Retired wrestler Kagetsu has come out as transgender and will be known now as Yu Ishino.  Appropriate that his last match was with Asuka/Veny:

This made sense to me. Glad he found himself and is happy.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Ibuki Hoshi asked for either a tournament or a league to fill the ICExInfinity vacancy on today's show (she doesn't care which). Tsukushi Haruka retired as champion last week.

Maybe we can get a summer league! I can be happy with statistics and pro wrestling!

Those numbers are for all of Bushiroad's third quarter earnings (July 2021 to March 2022), not just Stardom.
It's broken into Digital IP (Trading card games, games, merchandising and media) and Live IP (Split into music and sports - New Japan, Stardom and the new gym they opened in Hokkaido). The Live IP section made 7.9 billion yen.

• Like 1

22 announced as in, 8 of the rookie wrestlers will compete in a mini round robin in June to decide 3 spots and the remaining spot to be named later. 

STARS: Mayu, Koguma, Hazuki, Hanan

Queen's Quest: AZM, Utami, Kamitani

Oedo Tai: Saki Kashima, Starlight Kid, Momo Watanabe

DDM: Giulia, Maika, Himeka, Natsupoi, Thekla

Cosmic Angels: Tam Nakano, Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka

God's Eye: Syuri and MIRAI

Prominence: Risa Sera, Suzu Suzuki

Wrestlers in the mini round robin for the last 3 spots: Saya Iida, Momo Kohgo, Ami Sourei, Ruaka, Rina, Mai Sakurai, Waka Tsukiyama, Lady C, Hina, Miyu Amasaki

38 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

The new Queen's Quest leader is....

Hide contents

Utami!

Booooo!!!, the most boring option. Not surprised or mad. Just would have preferred a certain senpai or for them to fuck around with expectations and give it to one of the rookies.

44 minutes ago, nofuture said:

22 announced as in, 8 of the rookie wrestlers will compete in a mini round robin in June to decide 3 spots and the remaining spot to be named later. 

STARS: Mayu, Koguma, Hazuki, Hanan

Queen's Quest: AZM, Utami, Kamitani

Oedo Tai: Saki Kashima, Starlight Kid, Momo Watanabe

DDM: Giulia, Maika, Himeka, Natsupoi, Thekla

Cosmic Angels: Tam Nakano, Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka

God's Eye: Syuri and MIRAI

Prominence: Risa Sera, Suzu Suzuki

Wrestlers in the mini round robin for the last 3 spots: Saya Iida, Momo Kohgo, Ami Sourei, Ruaka, Rina, Mai Sakurai, Waka Tsukiyama, Lady C, Hina, Miyu Amasaki

Was wondering if Suzuki and Sera would compete. Figured at least one Prominence name would be in.

Ruaka and Iida really shouldn't have to fight for a spot at this point given one has more experience than all of those other names while the other has timed/aged out as a rookie realistically speaking. Kind of annoys me. Ami going is pretty much a given. I assume Mai and/or Amasaki get in which is probably going to annoy me even more.

Interesting that KAIRI isn't in. Presumably she isn't the last spot since there would be no reason to not announce her. I guess they are trying to keep her a special attraction.

Guessing the last spot goes to a gaijin.

With the exception of O.T, seems all the units in Stardom have the main character in the units as the leaders of their respective units. 

It's quite fitting ex WWE Superstar KAIRI is booked like a special attraction.

TJPW

May get the first double champ in TJPW history soon. Even if Yuka beats Shoko.