DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

I enjoy Waka and will be sad she'll no longer drop by Ichigaya occasionally. Fun gimmick and her English is great. 

What's up with Ayumi Hayashi? She's not wrestled for a while and doesn't seem to be talking about it much from what I can tell on twitter. She's incredibly charismatic. Did AWG shed a bunch of talent? 

7 hours ago, nofuture said:

Stardom has announced that Giulia will be out for the rest of the 5 Star GP with an injured neck.  Thought this was going to be her year to win it.

Saw this late last night on reddit. Not a big Giulia fan, but its is disappointing to see her GP run end this way. I was looking forward to her vs. Momo. Suppose this means Giulia will have to win it next year.

Curious to see who this opens the path for. I would love to see Momo or Konami take it.

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

HOLY SHIT!

E-1kiRlVcAIq9Si?format=jpg&name=small

You didn't know they were in the same block? We should also be getting Iroha/Utami & Iroha/Syuri. The Iroha match I'm looking most forward to though is actually vs. AZM unless they do the right thing and give us Iroha/Momo as the finals.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nofuture said:

The safe bet would be Syuri winning and facing Utami since it seems like they're setting up a no time limit match between them.  

That would be kind of wasteful since the two already agreed to no time limit rematch.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Rossy Ogawa said there are other wrestlers who want to join Stardom but haven't made the jump.

Makes sense. Presumably at least one or two of the people who have left promotions in the last few months will show up by the end of the year. Also wouldn't be shocked if a few others are waiting out the end of whatever contracts they are on or just don't want to leave their home promotions hanging during the pandemic.

Taken from someone who translated Rossy's interview with Tokyo Sports.  Spolierized from size:

Spoiler
• Says the women coming into Stardom asked to join, they didn't seek them out. Says Stardom is a destination because they don't have to work part time jobs like they do when working for other promotions, and can just focus on the wrestling. There are more women asking to join and says it's possible that more may join before the end of the year.

• Hazuki quit because she felt betrayed by some kind of situation between the wrestlers (I'm assuming he's referring to when the locker room voted out Kagetsu as head trainer). Rossy says he thought she would come back as she only quit out of anger, not an injury, and that she's young with a lot of potential. Says you have to be able to let bygones be bygones if you want to work in this business.

• Says they will recheck Giulia's injury in a month and is not sure if she'll be ready to compete in the tag league tournament. It's an accumulated injury and not from one incident. Giulia is really frustrated. Rossy told her she should take the time to write a book.

• If they get enough wrestlers they may create a sub promotions (This I don't get. To create a developmental or just to run more shows?). He's then asked about a quote from CyberAgent's president saying Tokyo Joshi Pro is going to be the top women's company in Japan. Rossy responds by saying there really is no second place promotion right now, and Stardom may have to make their own. He says that TJPW and Stardom have totally different styles. Says they should worry about growing their own audience, but wonders why so many of their wrestlers want to leave.

• Talks about Osaka-Jo Hall and how much it means to him to run the building as he ran it several times with AJW. Says he didn't have time to enjoy it during the Crush Gals era when they would sell it out.

• Says it's important to raise the name value of the people they have, because there are no big name stars coming in. (There's some kind of idiom that isn't being translated well here, but I think he says that they essentially book the big money matches sooner than later because things will always get messed up by injuries and whatnot if you sit on them too long). Says the Osaka show will not be like the All Star Dream Cinderella show where they had a bunch of Stardom stars from the past that currently wrestle for different promotions. He says the focus will be on the current Stardom champions, and there won't be much if any focus on outsiders.

• When asked what will be the biggest change in ten years Rossy laughs and says himself. Say when he retires the company will certainly change a lot as it's different from when a wrestler leaves. When the promoter leaves the entire style changes. Says his first goal with Bushiroad was to put on bigger matches, which he feels he's done, so now would like to focus on building the next generation of stars.

• In closing he says the Stardom is not in competition with any other organization and that it's not fair to compare them. He says Stardom is not like a specialty store, it's more like a department store where you can see a variety of different styles.

Edited by nofuture

Fumi Saito called bs on the Kagetsu story so whatever situation that angered Hazuki enough to leave was likely related to something we never heard about. 

I assume the split promotion talk is more when they hit a certain high number like 40-50+.

Edited by Eivion

Ryo Mizunami does the best sell of a sleeper after Yuu puts her out.  They wake her up and she goes straight back to going after Yuu in a daze of confusion.  So great.  SEAdLINNNING is so awesome.

• Like 3