DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

It seems unlikely due to her recovery time from her injuries, but if X was Jungle Kyona, I would be overjoyed.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
9 minutes ago, J.H. said:

You and me both but right now I think Kyona won't show up until Nov/Dec

James

Yeah, with her list of injuries it wouldn't even surprise me if we don't see her until 2022.

But my inner selfish brat says I miss her greatly and hope she comes back soon. (As long as she's healthy, of course.)

That sucks. Been really liking the makeup of the current Oedo Tai. As far as who leads in her absence goes, that will be interesting. There is an argument to be made that Natsuko doesn't necessarily have to give up leadership, but that feels unlikely with her being gone until this time next year. Saki and Konami are the most likely candidates to take over, but I wouldn't be shocked if we see someone come in from one of the other factions to lead. I kind of half suspect Himeka will ditch DDM for OT. I was getting that feeling even before Natsuko's injury. I think her pestering DDM over Maika was a misdirect. 

Going over chrome translations of Stardom's Japanese twitter it looks like Maika tried to bring Momo into DDM, and MaiHimePoi are the next Artist challengers. Also looks like we are getting Mayu vs. Oedo Tai for Kid in a 1 vs. 5 match. I'm guessing that will be a gauntlet style match with Kid either beating Mayu at the end or helping Konami beat her.

The card for the first two night of the the GP have been announced.  Some pretty big match ups off the bat.  Death is taking Natsuko's place and notability absent for the first nights is Himeka and X.  Spoilered for size:

Spoiler

July 31st, Day 1 - Yokohama Budokan

Syuri (DDM) vs Saya Kamitani (QQ) - 5STAR GP Blue Stars Block

Tam Nakano (CA) vs Unagi Sayaka (CA) - 5STAR GP Blue Stars Block

Utami Hayashishita (QQ) vs Maika (DDM) - 5STAR GP Blue Stars Block

Mina Shirakawa (CA) vs Fukigen Death (OT) - 5STAR GP Red Stars Block

Natsupoi (DDM) vs Koguma (STARS) - 5STAR GP Red Stars Block

MayuIwatani (STARS) vs Momo Watanabe (QQ) - 5STAR GP Red Stars Block

Giulia (DDM) vs Starlight Kid (OT) - 5STAR GP Red Stars Block

August 1st, Day 2 - Yokohama Budokan

AZM (QQ) vs Unagi Sayaka (CA) - 5STAR GP Blue Stars Block

Tam Nakano (CA) vs Konami (OT) - 5STAR GP Blue Stars Block

Syuri (DDM) vs Maika (DDM) - 5STAR GP Blue Stars Block

Utami Hayashishita (QQ) vs Saya Kamitani (QQ) - 5STAR GP Blue Stars Block

Saki Kashima (OT) vs Starlight Kid (OT) - 5STAR GP Red Stars Block

Momo Watanabe (QQ) vs Natsupoi (DDM) - 5STAR GP Red Stars Block

Mayu Iwatani (STARS) vs Giulia (DDM) - 5STAR GP Red Stars Block

Edited by nofuture
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Arisa Nakajima gave Nanae a gnarly headbutt to the back of the head at the end of their match. Arisa gave her the German suplex deal, I think she calls it DxD. After some song and dance Aniki and Arisa squared up. That should be really good. As undeniable as Ryo Mizunami is, I'm sad to see Asuka lose.

• Like 1

It isn't really a betrayal in thaditional heel turn sense though. Like, if Lawler and Dundee were feuding with Jimmy Hart's Family and Dunde turned on Lawler by saying "Jerry, mate I'm joining Hart because I don't feel I've grown staying with you" even Lance Russel be like "Is this guy for real". SLK being won back but then saying "Mayu, I've grown more in a month in OT than yeaar as your #2 so I'm staying put" is so unconventional for a wrestling angle BUT makes total sense in the storyline.

James

• Like 1