DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

On 6/19/2021 at 10:03 PM, D.Z said:

Donna Del Mondo is getting a new member.

Hmmmmm... from within Stardom or another new signee? Because Lady C is still unaligned from the main roster. I just don't want DDM to get to be to combersome as a unit.

James

Lady C is apparently close to Tam so she is more likely to join CA whenever she finally joins a group.

There is a new trainee who has yet to debut.

Curious where the new DDM member talk came from. Haven't seen it mentioned on the Stardom reddit and they tend to pay attention to everything.

Also, Mayu and Koguma are challenging for the tag belts on 7/4, CA retained the Artist belts over OT. Apparently Giulia and Maika helped Lady C to the back after the opening match (not sure if injured or teasing she will be joining DDM).

James

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Here's your new "Black Tiger" 

E4zWQvAVEAUa-l5?format=jpg&name=large

Interesting coincidence we will see a female Tiger Mask debut soon all while Kid is in the midst of a likely heel turn. 

1 minute ago, J.H. said:

Also, Mayu and Koguma are challenging for the tag belts on 7/4, CA retained the Artist belts over OT. Apparently Giulia and Maika helped Lady C to the back after the opening match (not sure if injured or teasing she will be joining DDM).

James

No surprises though I was hoping OT would take the Artists belts. Ruaka and Saki deserve gold. Kind of interesting they are pushing C towards DDM when its Tam she is close to and who inspired her. I assume C gets her first win either just before or right after she joins. If she does join DDM hopefully they don't force a push for her. She is still pretty easily the worst wrestler in Stardom with how green she is. She is improving, but she probably still needs a good six month to a year to get decent.

Both Saya and Giulia want the white belt. Saya also wants to be the centre of Stardom, Saya the Screamer screamed "I am Stardom" what a wacky lass. Anyway some of the roster in interviews leep saying the white belt is the emotional belt.

Edited by D.Z

6 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Both Saya and Giulia want the white belt. Saya also wants to be the centre of Stardom, Saya the Screamer screamed "I am Stardom" what a wacky lass. Anyway some of the roster in interviews leep saying the white belt is the emotional belt.

Yeah Tam said this a few months back before she won the belt. Its semi-true and semi-bs. Its kind of ended up that way in recent years with Momo's and Arisa's reigns, but there have been plenty of times where it wasn't really an emotional belt. I think its more to sell the difference between the red and white. Even the top title talk feels more like a case to excuse the times the white has headlined over the red. Personally I'm not fond of these ideas if only because its type of talk that can eventually lead to unification matches if pushed too strongly.

• Like 2

I haven't read anything about belt unification so far tbh, I think Bushiroad is fine with Stardom having many titles while current NJPW has at least less than Stardom in Japan. 

Some of those articles are sorta kayfabeish and carnyish with truth. 

Well the Stardom Yokohama show wasn't anywhere near as good as Tokyo Dream Cinderella, but it was fun with a very downer ending 

Spoiler

Tora Natsuko suffered a major leg injury and the World title match was stopped about 10min in.

Edited by quackhell

So the 5*GP blocks were announced and we are getting a rematch between Utami and Syuri in Blue Block. Until we know the extent of Tora's injury her A Block matches are up in the air. Best Buds Poi and Himeka will face off in Red Block.

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 2

Its shame about what happened to Natsuko. I think she would have done well this year in the GP.

Rin as X would be kind of disappointing. Really hoping the assumptions are wrong there and it ends up a bigger name. Otherwise it makes little sense as to why they didn't just say Rin already.

I'm mostly just happy Ruaka made it in.

Its the nature of a tournaments like the GP, G1, CC, etc. Smaller venues will happen and don't really rule out big names. I could see them holding off on someone like Takumi Iroha. Not saying it will be a bigger name than Rin, just that Rin would be a disappointment. Honestly seeing that the reactions to her appearing in the past have never really been that big I'd be surprised if she was the one they chose for a spot.

16 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Kairi would be the only big name I could think of that they would hold off announcing.  But with the nature of the GP, I don't know they would have a big name facing everyone in that block in smaller venues.

and then there's that whole tricky "Under contract to WWE" thing

James

Just now, matt925 said:

At some point she won’t be. I haven’t seen any indication when that will be, but who knows. 

She only signed her last contract towards the end of last year so it won't be for a while. Presumably these things run a minimum of year.