DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

7 hours ago, Jiji said:

The Hana show is tonight at 7 PM Pacific. I don't think I'm going to watch tonight, I don't want to spend my Saturday evening crying. I'll watch tomorrow sometime. 

I’m gonna watch tonight. Looking forward to it. 

Watched the DDM Goes Out And Does Stuff vid and its one of those things I love about Stardom. DDM look like they are genuinely having fun and enjoy each other's company. Heck ot feels that way when any unit does these vids. Like these girls are legit friends and don't have the legit hatred some of the latter era AJW roster had for one another

James

The Hana tribute show left me a complete mess. So amazing to see all these people come together to celebrate her life. Seeing Kagetsu and HZK wrestling again hit me hard as well. Miss them a lot. I hope the night helped Kyoko and those closest to Hana cope with the grief somewhat and share in the love so many felt for her.

Matane Hana. ?

• Like 3

Next chapter in the Lulu Pencil vs. Chris Brookes saga. Good stuff! Asuka/Veny is GOATed. 

Still haven't brought myself to watch the Hana Matane. Think I'll try tomorrow. I saw a bit of the main event and the special main event live. Hazuki said she may be coming out of retirement while Kagetsu doesn't sound like she will.

It been a billion years but heres the card, from purolove

Stardom "TOKYO DREAM CINDERELLA 2021 SPECIAL EDITION", 12.06.2021
Ota City General Gymnasium

0. 3 Way Battle: Rina vs. Hina vs. Lady C
1. Cinderella Tournament - Semi Final: Maika vs. Unagi Sayaka
2. Cinderella Tournament - Semi Final: Saya Kamitani vs. Himeka
3. Special 3 Way Battle: Giulia & Natsupoi vs. Momo Watanabe & AZM vs. Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa
4. STARS vs. Oedo Tai All-Out War: Mayu Iwatani, Starlight Kid, Rin Kadokura , Hanan & Koguma vs. Natsuko Tora, Konami, Saki Kashima, Fukigen Death★ & Ruaka
5. Cinderella Tournament - Final:
6. World of Stardom Title: Utami Hayashishita (c) vs. Syuri

Watched the Miyu/Yuka title match from a few days ago and... DAMN! Can Yuka Sakazaki just take one helluva an asskicking! Just a really good match that I sat and watched with the 3 year old (she was puling for Yuka, probably because they are the same height).

James

On 6/9/2021 at 1:29 AM, Eivion said:

No, Rin is still in Marvelous.

Marvelous and sTARDOM seem to be on good enough terms that Chigusa will send her girls over for the exposure and they tend to be used well. Rossy and Chigusa have that old AJW background so they can work together easy.

James

On 6/8/2021 at 2:41 PM, D.Z said:

It been a billion years but heres the card, from purolove

Stardom "TOKYO DREAM CINDERELLA 2021 SPECIAL EDITION", 12.06.2021
Ota City General Gymnasium

0. 3 Way Battle: Rina vs. Hina vs. Lady C
1. Cinderella Tournament - Semi Final: Maika vs. Unagi Sayaka
2. Cinderella Tournament - Semi Final: Saya Kamitani vs. Himeka
3. Special 3 Way Battle: Giulia & Natsupoi vs. Momo Watanabe & AZM vs. Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa
4. STARS vs. Oedo Tai All-Out War: Mayu Iwatani, Starlight Kid, Rin Kadokura , Hanan & Koguma vs. Natsuko Tora, Konami, Saki Kashima, Fukigen Death★ & Ruaka
5. Cinderella Tournament - Final:
6. World of Stardom Title: Utami Hayashishita (c) vs. Syuri

Really solid show with a fun undercard,  really good tournament matches and an epic war in the main event. 

• Like 2

Thought that was probably one of the best top to bottom shows Stardom has done in a long time.  All 3 tournament matches were great with both Saya and Maika starting to come into their own.  The 3 way was a good comedy match compared to the all out war of the STARS/OT match.  SLK going to OT is probably the most interesting result that could have happened so it's good they actually went through with it and not just do another Death cop out.  Main event was just a brutal match with Syuri taking some sick bumps.  Not the best end result for the match, but I can see why they did it.

Didn't watch the English feed so don't know how it went.  Also G1 starts 7/31 with 20 participants again.

• Like 1

I think this makes sense, since Kid has been Mayu's most stalwart supporter, having her lose further plays out the "everyone leaves Mayu" story. More importantly, it further plays up that when Kyona comes STARS will have the the player who can help Mayu go toe to toe with OT

James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

I think this makes sense, since Kid has been Mayu's most stalwart supporter, having her lose further plays out the "everyone leaves Mayu" story. More importantly, it further plays up that when Kyona comes STARS will have the the player who can help Mayu go toe to toe with OT

James

You think they will wait that long to finish this? Earliest Kyona is likely to return is towards the end of the year.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Saw the results. Only STARS vs. Oedo Tai makes me happy though the results were also generally what I expected.

So how was the commentary? I'm curious if Sonny was any good. 

Sonny was good providing a lot of history, but fell into some cliche announcer territory at times. Stewart was okay, but dropped some weird sub JR analogies (jumping off like a frog in a sock/tougher than woodpecker lips) that were cringey and made me regret going with the English feed.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

You think they will wait that long to finish this? Earliest Kyona is likely to return is towards the end of the 

Ideally having Jungle and even Saya Iida help Mayu with an ultimate victory over Oedo Tai would be a great story, but I don't know if anyone wants this thing to drag out that long. Even with intriguing possibilities of the story of Dark Light Kid or Mayu costing Tora in her red belt match I don't know how they can stretch this much further.

Edited by quackhell

10 minutes ago, quackhell said:

Sonny was good providing a lot of history, but fell into some cliche announcer territory at times. Stewart was okay, but dropped some weird sub JR analogies (jumping off like a frog in a sock/tougher than woodpecker lips) that were cringey and made me regret going with the English feed.

Doesn't sound too bad but nothing amazing either. Glad Sonny didn't suck. Its kind of neat see the last 6 years or so of working for Stardom pay off for him like this. It is another reminder though of just how damn busy they keep him.

8 minutes ago, quackhell said:

Ideally having Jungle and even Saya Iida help Mayu with an ultimate victory over Oedo Tai would be a great story, but I don't know if anyone wants this thing to drag out that long. Even with intriguing possibilities of the story of Dark Light Kid or Mayu costing Tora in her red belt match I don't how they can stretch this much further.

Yep, Iida won't even return until next year. It feels like this story really should be over before the GP unless they do something crazy like actually have Natsuko win the red belt.

• Like 1