DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: BROOKLYN

RIPPA

I have something to confess: I kinda like Baron Corbin's punches.

Corbin is progressively getting better each time he wrestles these big shows, doesn't look out of place with someone like Joe or Rhyno and lays all his shit in well and now has the character arc to back up what he does in the ring, nothing wrong with enjoying what he's doing right now.

• Like 1

There was one point in the Bayley/Sasha match (I am rewatching now so I can pinpoint it later) where you can see Naomi in the background with the biggest smile on her face.

I can only imagine the reaction to that match in the back (and crowd) as it was happening

It will be interesting to see how hey book the divas elimination match given that most of the crowd saw the 4 Horsewomen as the true stars while the WWE is still pushing the idea that people like the Bellas and Noami are the reason for the revolution.    You know there is going to be tons of "We Want Bayley" chants during the match

Sasha, Charlotte, & Becky have been pushed as the stars of the revolution.

Okay - Tamina Snuka marking the fuck out during the whole 2nd half of the match so adds to the entire thing.

Also - if you want to know - the moment I lost my God Damn mind was the Bank Statement sequence (which is when the crowd also became unglued)

• Like 1

Did you guys have an issue with the "4 Horsewomen" breaking the wall thing?  I'm torn on it.  I understand why they did it but I think I would have preferred they didn't especially with them showing Naomi and Tamina out there in the crowd.

Absolutely not. It was an homage to the curtain call in MSG, and legit feel-good moment in a post-kayfabe world. Just call all the nasty stuff in the match "heat of competition" if you feel like kayfabe needs to be kept 24/7 (which I don't know why anyone would in 2015).

That said, I'm not interested in them joining forces on the main shows because then they can't wrestle each other. Maybe when a couple more classes of NXT women hit the main roster, they can do an "old guard vs. newcomers" stable war (though those tend to be shitty), but definitely not right now.

Did you guys have an issue with the "4 Horsewomen" breaking the wall thing?  I'm torn on it.  I understand why they did it but I think I would have preferred they didn't especially with them showing Naomi and Tamina out there in the crowd.

I've gone back and forth on it.  On the one hand, it pays off the Bayley has been left behind angle and Sasha/Charlotte/Becky give her the respect that she's been wanting.  (Unfortunately, the whole thing seemed rushed due to Bayley's injury the callups and the need to have a big payoff in Brooklyn.)  On the other hand, how do they resolve this tomorrow and going forward on the main roster?  Just ignore it?  On a completely other hand, maybe it does lead to a Four Horsewomen on the main roster.  And on a fourth hand, maybe Bayley moves up to Raw and Sasha says, "Hold up, I was happy for you making a mark in NXT but you aren't ready to step up to this level".

Oh, and as for the entire aftermath of the match:

11c915116d8bd931e0c47108f235a4b27bd6e3aa

They also have a ton of new(ish) girls in NXT. They need someone who is their version of a veteran to help with the new talent. It's Bayley and Emma right now, essentially. Bayley's in the big role of helping to get whoever is the next new star over. Can she help keep this going? It's such an important role.

• Like 1

I just watched the Dibiase-Virgil match from SS91 and essentially, it was the exact same story that Sasha/Bailey did an even better version of.

That said, go rewatch that match from 91. It's about a thousand times better than you remember.

Totally insignificant but the "Samoa Joe has an 8 1/3% chance" sign cracked me up.

Yet, only the 2nd best sign of the night.

I assume that would be the "DANA BROOKE IS LITERALLY THE WORST" sign right after Balor won.
No, but that was good too. Check the photos thread for the best sign.

EDIT: Nevermind, RandomAct posted it here too.

And in all likelihood, Dana Brooke is second down the food chain after Evil Emma. So yay.

Like I said before, from a story standpoint Bailey-Dana Brooke writes itself. But there's no way it lives up to current standards