DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 8/20/15

victor

* Dark match: Hornswoggle defeat Heath Slater with a Tadpole Splash.

* Dark match: Fandango defeated Adam Rose.

* Ryback vs. The Big Show opens SmackDown. The match ended in a double count out when the two went through the barricade outside the ring.

* The New Day defeated Los Matadores and El Torito in a six-man match.

* Dolph Ziggler and Lana come out. Ziggler talks about he missed Lana. They start kissing until the Bulgarian flag with Rusev’s face dropped down. Rusev came out and said he’s going to break Ziggler at SummerSlam. Ziggler says he’s going to kick Rusev’s teeth in.

* Contract signing from Monday’s RAW is shown.

* Neville defeated Bo Dallas with Red Arrow.

* Alicia Fox and Brie Bella cut a promo on the Divas Revolution. Team BAD interrupts. Sasha Says Brie has been riding Daniel Bryan’s success. Becky Lynch & Charlotte interrupts Sasha, saying her team will win at SummerSlam.

* Brie defeated Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch in a Triple Threat match.

* Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Cesaro cut promos backstage.

* Orton, Ambrose, Reigns and Cesaro defeated Sheamus, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Kevin Owens in the main event.

Results are kind of bare bones, and looks like they're back to treating Smackdown like a Lame Duck show.

Reading into things on Twitter - it looks like that Hornswoggle match might have been his farewell match or something

Heath Slater ‏@HeathSlaterOMRB  35m35 minutes ago

Heath Slater retweeted Hornswoggle
Wooo!!! A lot of fun... Thank you  Heath Slater added,
Hornswoggle @wwehornswoggle
Thank you @WWERoadDogg @JohnLaurinaitis and especially @HeathSlaterOMRB for the one night that I'll remember forever!!!

Heath Slater ‏@HeathSlaterOMRB  10h10 hours ago

Heath Slater retweeted Dolph Ziggler
Thanks brother...  Heath Slater added,
Dolph Ziggler @HEELZiggler
Just saw 1 of the coolest preshow, matches! Congrats on being over af @wwehornswoggle & great at your job @HeathSlaterOMRB

- New Day's dickery and excessive celebrations are tremendous

- Lana/Dolph segments are painful to watch.

- Watching the main event, I realized that I am almost fine with any of the 8 man faces/heels against each other in singles.  I think I'd be down with a Owens/Ambrose program or even an Orton/Harper since it would be a fresh match.

Kofi giving Woods a bouquet was amazing.  I cheered, clapped, and laughed heartily.  If you had told me a year ago that Kofi Kingston would rule as a heel, I would have thought you were nuts.  But my goodness, he's tremendous.  The vitirol just pours from him and it's fantastic.

Did they cut off Sasha's mic when she starting talking about Bryan?  It seemed like it.

ME was fun.

However long it took for the New Day stuff it felt like it took us double the time to watch it.  So much rewinding and laughing at the absurdity of it all.  The backstage bit, Big E's Frankenstein-like clap walk, the splash of doom and discomfort to El Torito, and the fucking flowers at the end.  There was so much pure gold in all this.  Man, you can make one helluva gif gallery out of this episode alone.

I think before long Vince is going to get his wish and they're going to be big-time faces.  People are starting to like them and it's only a matter of time.  As long as they don't force it and let them be them they'll be fine.