DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 73: Teixeira vs. St. Preux (8/8/2015) - Nashville, TN (Bridgestone Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Uriah Hall is fighting a Northeast guy who is 5-0 with nothing but 1st round knockout finishes. Better yet, his nickname is HOLY WAR ANGEL. Hall will either get a finish or find a way to lose.

He got the finish. YEAH!

• Like 1

Credit to him for taking about a dozen serious shots before the stoppage. When he went down it even looked like more of a trip than falling down from a punch.

I guess I could credit his brain for not knowing when it's concussed, but that's about it.  That dude has one of those brain damage chins.  That is a great attribute for a fighter, but a terrible attribute for a human being.

That was an interesting fight. I think OSP hit the glass ceiling on how much he can get by on his athleticism. So many weird decisions and poor techniques. His gas tank is still questionable too. I hope he can turn the corner and start improving his technique and fighting IQ. Ultimate nice guy main event.

That was an interesting fight. I think OSP hit the glass ceiling on how much he can get by on his athleticism. So many weird decisions and poor techniques. His gas tank is still questionable too. I hope he can turn the corner and start improving his technique and fighting IQ. Ultimate nice guy main event.

Just too many innate things missing in St. Preux. If he was gonna turn it around, this was the fight to do it. If he can't finish you within the first six or seven minutes of the fight, then he is completely done.

• Like 1

I like Ovince St. Preux a lot, but it's the same problems with him over and over again.  I think OSP stays around as a strong mid-to-upper level lightweight, but yeah I agree he's kind of hit the ceiling.  That's not so terrible because he can still have a fairly successful career this way, but it's like deja vu whenever he gets put in these positions going all the way back to the Mousasi fight.

I scored the Johnson/Dariush fight for Johnson.  However, Johnson clearly slowed down and took his foot off the gas in the third round.  Both guys were very tentative at times.  Second round was close, and I thought Johnson clearly out-scored it, but a ton didn't happen in that round either.  We sometimes see marginal 10-9's and incredibly dominant 10-9s that borderline 10-8s.  Neither guy really had a single round like that.  

Impressive win for Amanda Nunes.  Sara McMann's striking has always been one of her weaker areas, and Nunes did a good job of exploiting that.  

I am completely fine with Rosholt vs. Bigfoot if that's the fight Rosholt wants next.  I have no problem believing even Bigfoot would completely flatten Rosholt.