DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

I get your point, and Jericho crossed my mind as well. But I was more thinking guys on the current roster who weren't doing anything. 

If this didn't directly involve his daughter, Flair would be the absolute perfect choice. 

If Tully Blanchard weren't all about Jesus now he would be perfect. Hell, could be a good way to get his daughter Tessa into NXT. I think the problem though is there is no one on the roster (at least from this generation) who are willing to go to the depths it would take to be a real misoginist asshole. If he were alive, Larry Sweeney would be perfect for it.

• Like 1

There should be some parody act dude on the indies calling himself Craig "The Stammer" Ballentine on a one-man crusade to run women out of the industry. He never beats....err defeats any of the ladies he wrestles because he's such a stinking drunken ass that he always applies the figure four wrong and gets pinned by an inside cradle.

• Like 1

I get your point, and Jericho crossed my mind as well. But I was more thinking guys on the current roster who weren't doing anything. 

If this didn't directly involve his daughter, Flair would be the absolute perfect choice. 

If Tully Blanchard weren't all about Jesus now he would be perfect. Hell, could be a good way to get his daughter Tessa into NXT. I think the problem though is there is no one on the roster (at least from this generation) who are willing to go to the depths it would take to be a real misoginist asshole. If he were alive, Larry Sweeney would be perfect for it.

Well, there's also different ways to play a true misogynist asshole for the current era, and change it to what makes a man a misogynist in 2015 as well as in prior ages.

Maybe there's not a classic one, but is there someone who could be a great modern-day misogynist asshole? WOO WOO WOO, You Know It.

I've never understood why sexists want women to be barefoot. The other shit about cooking and cleaning is just horrible obviously, but the barefoot thing I don't even get.

It's so they can't run away.

If that were the case, they would wear cowboy boots. /seinfeld

Give me sundresses and cowboy boots, or give me death! Well, not me personally, but... All right, me personally. Fine. Why not.

• Like 2

Looking at the NXT tour. Not an expert on the geography of the UK...isn't the lineup of the shows in terms of travel kinda...fucky? They go from Blackpool to Cardiff to London in like four days...

I mean...I know WWE thinks everything in the UK is 30 minutes away from everything else but God damn.

With it being the Attitude Era and all everybody should be thrilled Jarrett didn't just come right out with such gems as "Fix my dinner, bitch!" while bringing an actual microwave and T.V. Dinner down to the ring.

He and Chyna did have that Good Housekeeping Match at No Mercy 1999 where the build basically implied that.

I haven't seen said match since 1999 so I have no clue what housekeeping weapons were used in it. 

Man, people are sleeping on the Fink's heel run where he was a misogynist.

I never expected to hear that magnificent voiced be used to say "Trish, you bring the buns and I'll bring the wiener"

'Trish, get... NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWD!'

"Well Ireland...Ireland is what, 5 miles from London?"---Dusty Rhodes

I just watched that match again. Dusty being Dusty and Brain being loaded with Schiavone as the straight man was such a great team. "What did he say? Chives?"

EDIT: For those that haven't seen it. Finlay breaks Regal's nose with a vicious punch and WCW's camera guys immediately back away from the blood. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz8krk_35-96-03-24-fit-finlay-vs-steven-regal-uncensored_sport

• Like 3

Wrestlezone so who knows. If WO drops some info on this I'd be very interested though.

According to several sources in WWE, the original plan for WWE’s “Divas Revolution” called for Charlotte to win the title from Nikki Bella almost immediately upon arrival, and for Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch to dominate the incumbents. But John Cena, acting on behalf of girlfriend Nikki Bella, went to Vince McMahon and had that squashed.

The result is the booking we are seeing now in the Divas Revolution on WWE TV, with Divas old and new trading wins, just like the men.

• Like 1

On Twitter Dave said he heard differently. Charlotte winning the belt right away would've been one of the worst possible things they could've done anyway. Even though it's likely total bullshit, Cena would be a hero in my book.

How is Charlotte winning any worse than Nikki holding onto it? I know it would be doing a repeat of the Paige crappy booking but if it were part of a bigger story that had the NXT callups putting a long-term beating on the divas, it would make sense.

That being said, I'm done putting stock in any rumor other than maybe those started by da Meltz.

I just watched that match again. Dusty being Dusty and Brain being loaded with Schiavone as the straight man was such a great team. "What did he say? Chives?"

EDIT: For those that haven't seen it. Finlay breaks Regal's nose with a vicious punch and WCW's camera guys immediately back away from the blood. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz8krk_35-96-03-24-fit-finlay-vs-steven-regal-uncensored_sport

"Yeeeah.  Yeah.  He booted him."

• Like 1

"Yeeeah.  Yeah.  He booted him."

In the ludimum maximum.

• Like 1