DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/23 & 9/30

*Taped for Xplosion: Micah def. Jessie Godderz

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing September 23, 2015 from Orlando, FL

*Dixie Carter opened the show with a promo and announced the winners of Lethal Lockdown would be rewarded with a number one contenders match where the winner will challenge for the championship at Bound For Glory. Dixie also revealed that Eric Young has an iron clad contract and cannot be fired.

*Tigre Uno def. Kenny King to retain the X Division Championship. During the match, Bigfoot appeared in the crowd. Jeremy Borash tried to interview him but he ran away then came back and did the Mahabali Shera dance.

*Chris Melendez def. Eric Young in a lumberjack match. Melendez wrestled on one leg and got back his other leg.

*Gail Kim def. Jade to retain the knockouts championship. After the match, Rebel & Marti Bell attacked Gail until Velvet Sky & Madison Rayne made the save. Awesome Kong came out and stared down Gail.

*Ethan Carter III (w/ Tyrus & Jeff Hardy) def. Rockstar Spud to retain the TNA Worlds Heavyweight Championship. After the match, EC3 ordered Jeff to give Spud the Twist of Fate but he refused. Matt Hardy ran out but got attacked by Tyrus. EC3 ordered Jeff to hit Matt or be fired. Matt recovered and low blowed Tyrus while Jeff punched EC3.

*The Revolution promo saw Abyss say he's sick of James Storm and he left the Revolution. Manik then also stood up to Storm, took off his mask and left. Mahabali Shera came out and challenged Storm but Storm said he would face him when he wants to.

*Drew Galloway def. Bram, Lashley, Davey Richards, & Eddie Edwards to become #1 contender to the TNA World Title at Bound for Glory.

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing September 30, 2015 from Orlando, FL; BFG go home show.

*Ethan Carter III opened the show with a promo, giving Jeff Hardy a chance to kiss his title and apologize. Hardy sang Take this Job and Shove it then quit and walked out. Jeremy Borash berated EC3 for the Hardy situation then they announced Tyrus vs Bigfoot for Genesis. Bigfoot was revealed to be Matt Hardy.

*Awesome Kong def. Brooke

*Trevor Lee def. DJ Z & Tommaso Ciampa

*Bobby Roode issued an open challenge for the King of the Mountain Championship at Bound for Glory, accepted by Lashley.

*Mahabali Shera def. James Storm in a No DQ match. During the match, Abyss & TJ Perkins attacked Storm.

*Dixie Carter had an in-ring segment with Ethan Carter III & Drew Galloway, hyping the main event of Bound for Glory.

*The Dollhouse (Jade, Marti Bell, & Rebel) def. The Beautiful People (Velvet Sky & Madison Rayne) in a handicap match.

*Eric Young cut a promo where he ended up getting into it with Chris Melendez, Robbie E, and Mr. Anderson.

*Drew Galloway & Matt Hardy def. Ethan Carter III & Tyrus. It was announced that Jeff Hardy will be the guest referee for EC3/Drew at BFG.

Did anyone else do a spit take at the idea that anyone in TNA has an iron clad contract?

I feel like if anyone at WWE was paying attention to TNA at this point they should sign Young just to fuck with them after this.

So, that Global invasion was....something...

This was James Storm's sendoff so I guess that's why Storm/Shera blowoff was here instead of BFG.

"Finished up my duties with Impact Wrestling yesterday. Today begins a new chapter in my life. I'm excited for what the future holds. #Thanks"

TNA knows how to end everything with a fart and not a bang. James Storm, multi-time (13) Tag champion and former WHC ends his career in whimper. Nothing more to see here folks! No big deal. TNA likes to shoot, why not give this guy a loser leaves town match against EC3 as the main event on Impact. Have it go 30 minutes. Send the crowd home happy/sad instead of just Storm loses a match and disappears forever.

"Tigre Uno def. Kenny King to retain the X Division Championship. During the match, Bigfoot appeared in the crowd. Jeremy Borash tried to interview him but he ran away then came back and did the Mahabali Shera dance."

This describes a thing that happened. Let that sink in.

• Like 1

"Tigre Uno def. Kenny King to retain the X Division Championship. During the match, Bigfoot appeared in the crowd. Jeremy Borash tried to interview him but he ran away then came back and did the Mahabali Shera dance."

This describes a thing that happened. Let that sink in.

If they hadn't had to tape the blowoff at the same time, shy dancing Bigfoot would have tempted me to watch.

• Like 1

Man, I remember when James Storm was *the guy* in TNA. I still think they made a big mistake having him lose in that Lockdown match against Roode.

TNA has had the absolute worst track record with "the guy" of any company I've ever seen.

They never pulled the trigger on: Monty Brown; Christopher Daniels; Chris Harris; Tomko. Granted, a couple of guys there obviously weren't championship material, but at their height - when TNA could have have use fresh challengers in the main event scene - these guys barely rated above midcard status.

Late pulling the trigger - Roode; Raven; Storm; Joe.

The only moments it seemed that TNA made good calls for the main were Aries and, arguably, Christian.

ETA: I wanted to add Jay Lethal as a guy they never pullsd the trigger on when they could have. Also, in hindsight, Killings as champion seemed to be pretty spirited, but the context of how good a move it was is hindered by the PPV-only model of the time. I remember a lot of reviewers being impressed with his reign.

Given Aries turned heel soon after winning the belt, it would have been much better if he had never really turned official babyface and beaten Storm for the belt with interference from Roode. The Aces & Eights storyline would have been a shit load better with James Storm as the lead babyface.

• 1 month later...

Really good show overall. The five way was the best showcase yet for Bram at the worst possible time, but made Drew look like a credible threat to the title. The Jeff-EC3 stuff was fine, and EC3-Spud was another great match between them. Gail vs. Jade was good, and the best-worked women's match in the company in quite a while.

http://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/tna-impact-wrestling-923-tv-report-eciii-vs-rockstar-spud-161181

Screens - 

6334a1437433228.jpg 

b575e2437433356.jpg  

4aa2de437433541.jpg

Knockouts Revolution

0d9437437431352.jpg

5bf12d437431755.jpg 

22ff03437431796.jpg 

659949437432395.jpg

Gallery 1 -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/zp35p7on6wcm948j2onpqrustxp26th6

Gallery 2 -  

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/7dbgltl3ongo6ha642odsd65597aqe3y

• Like 1

Did anyone else do a spit take at the idea that anyone in TNA has an iron clad contract?

Ha!  I was wondering if an iron clad contract was actually a desirable thing to have.  I would want an auto-release clause so I could jump ship to NXT.

Gail vs. Jade is your PANTS FREE MATCH OF THE WEEK~!   Mia Yim and Marti Belle are the bringers of the funny feeling.