DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I usually used the personal vehicles (all of which perform pretty well once you max out the mods) but I tend to never put too much time/cash/effort into storing vehicles in the garages because I don't think there has been a single GTA game that didn't have glitchy garages.

The only time I really used the safehouses was when I needed to move forward time for the Kifflom mission and stock investments.  Quick save/auto save worked just fine for me.

I got my cheated money last night. Just hang around in free roam and it'll come. It is nice to not have to worry about paying for ammo all the time.

BTW Lester's missions in online can go eat a bag of dicks. Fuck that guy.

Oh and in single player it said "holiday gift downloaded". Anyone know what that is?

Is there anyone playing online who doesn't have at least hundreds of millions of dollars by now?

Me, for reasons discussed above.

JT and I did a couple missions last night i dont recall discussed here. One was stealing an SUV down in the tunnels. We didnt finish beacuse i got ambushed by a bunch of Merryweather guys on the highway.

We also did the "briefcase on the skyscraper" mission. We tried doing it without using a copter, but i died and then JT got the briefcase. BUt had no parachute so he was walking back to the ladders across an i-beam and fell off.

We also did the "destroy the cement trucks" mission for Martin. I had done that before solo and it took me honestly 45 minutes. We were much more efficient.

Also, we did the craziest user created motorcycle race up and down Mt Cilliad. Lots of driving off the mountain. It was a course made for the Sanchez, but we were using our souped up street bikes. Hilarious calamity.

Yeah, if you constantly play in private rooms, no one's gonna be around to gift you.

I thought I'd be safe from it because I'd leave those gigantic bounties alone, but then people just started gifting me hundreds of millions of dollars without me asking for it. What I wish I'd done is not banked any of it as a good-faith move - I'd still use it when buying stuff, but it'd be my way of saying I didn't really ask for it. I think I'm traveling around now with hundreds of millions unbanked.

About five of us played in a private room last night - it's fun, kinda, because it keeps doing the crate drops and high-priority vehicle stuff, but it isn't as fun as being in a crowded room full of strangers because any stupid shit can happen. I missed the chaos of a random jet firing on me as I try to get from point A to point B.

Also, has anyone noticed if they've turned up the difficulty on Survival missions? We were playing Boneyard last night and I noticed there were two helicopters in Level 8 (usually a helicopter-less wave) and three helicopters in Level 10 instead of the usual two. I haven't played any of the rest of them in a while. 

One of my rich friends was buying some of our lower-level buddies some of the more sophisticated weaponry, tricked out, then dropping it for them to pick up. Wouldn't they turn around and lose it almost automatically because they're not of high-enough level to be carrying it? I've been tricking out cars from off the street for lower-level players (I've unlocked all the mods, I think, or at least all the performance mods) and then giving them the car to let them put the tracker and insurance on it. I dunno if they get to keep all the mods because they haven't earned them by winning races and whatnot. 

Misanthrope and I went looking for a Baller yesterday afternoon and they were absolutely nowhere to be found. I get on the game last night and what's the very first car I steal without paying attention to what it is? A Baller.

• Like 1

I keep a Balla or two in my garage to sell each day, so i usually take one out and then see them in plenty on the way to the mod shop, so i have a seemingly perpetual supply.

--

I was doing submarine/waste stuff with Michael and got killed by a shark. I kept trying to kill him with a knife but never made contact, so i just swam for shore and it nailed me.

Misanthrope and I went looking for a Baller yesterday afternoon and they were absolutely nowhere to be found. I get on the game last night and what's the very first car I steal without paying attention to what it is? A Baller.

that's how it goes.  I did the same thing with another buddy last night, only looking for a sandking swb and had no luck up north and in the desert. 

Thanks everybody. Any other tips I should know before playing?

Yes, get the auto shotgun and the extended clip asap. When cars full of knobheads attack you, fire all the shells at the front.

And don't do any of Franklin's missions for Lester until after the main story.

Thanks. Is there a way to make the target reticule bigger? I'm finding it tricky to see at times.

Fully modded Auto Shotgun is the best weapon in the game.

Don't worry about modding Franklin's cars and doing the races until you buy the Los Santos Customs with him, then you cna mod for free.

Do all but one of the hitchhiker pickups (they're random), since most of them give you crew members for the heists, and having better crew members helps a ton.  However one of them (on the western side of the map, forget exactly where) you shouldn't do until after the story is over, because he gives a stock tip that'll set all three characters money wise for ever.

Its just there. If you hit X or A as appropriate for your system., you can skip right to online without going into story, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Online assumes you know what you're doing (aiming, weapon selection, climbing, driving, use of map and phone...) and only tutorials you for the online specific stuff.  I'd recommend playing until at you do the first 3 single player missions (Franklin's first Simeon mission and his tow truck Strangers and Freaks mission) that runs down everything but flying.  

That, and denying yourself Lamar's rant about Franklin's haircut at the end of the 1st mission is denying yourself water.

• Like 1